New Voyagers Omni

Yeah I am watching them too. I know there are scene with the omni from the side and opened to see how raised the dials and globe are.

replicaprops......Do you believe the clip on the back of the omni is silver or gold?? I always had it silver in my head.

OmniClosed1.bmp

Good ultraman VERY good pic to have up here. replicaprops..... Can you take note of this pic to have the omni replica like this when we put them down the way the clip is in this screen cap?? Nice job ultraman!! :)

I have gotten three stainless steel parts from Shapeways. Three separate orders many months apart and they were all rough. One I had to do a LOT of work on. Do not expect something that looks machined and beautiful from them. I can't speak specifically about brass.

PDVD_062_Converted.jpg
replicaprops......Do you believe the clip on the back of the omni is silver or gold?? I always had it silver in my head.
silver

- - - Updated - - -

I have gotten three stainless steel parts from Shapeways. Three separate orders many months apart and they were all rough. One I had to do a LOT of work on. Do not expect something that looks machined and beautiful from them. I can't speak specifically about brass.
Stainless is laser sintered. Brass and Silver are 3d printed in wax, then smoothed with heat and then lost wax cast in investment molds. So it comes out smooth

I've been searching for steel spring clips that look right for a while. The only one that looks good is the one on my tape measure.

I've been searching for steel spring clips that look right for a while. The only one that looks good is the one on my tape measure.

i'm just guessing but i'd lay money (pun intended) that they used a cheap silver metal money clip and altered it....thats what'd i'd do anyways10144754-duckbill-money-clip.jpg

i'm just guessing but i'd lay money (pun intended) that they used a cheap silver metal money clip and altered it....thats what'd i'd do anywaysView attachment 263169
Could very well be, but the large bulge of the clip suggests they ripped it off one of the gaffers tape measure or a walkie talkie.

I know the omni was scratch built and they probably used what ever was available. Obviously the belt clip was not intended to be seen often, because it did not match the steampunk style of the prop.

I noticed that the center of the belt clip on the actual screen used omni also has an elongated hole in the center so we have to match that up too.

NO sound only lights. Also I just thought of something. Did the button on the actual omni in the series move? Like were they able to press it down or was it just there for show like a none functioning or non moving button??

NO sound only lights. Also I just thought of something. Did the button on the actual omni in the series move? Like were they able to press it down or was it just there for show like a none functioning or non moving button??
The button played the role of activation. You can see them pressing it. If it really moved or not is something I don't know.

Why are you opposed to sound? It is one thing I do very well. I have already made sound for the omni.
This is from a few years ago on one of my original omni's (which was heavily modified by the current owner)

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah I know it sounds great I agree. I am opposed to sound only because the actual prop had no sound only the lights. Could you make my omni with no sound if I requested it?? :)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back