New Voyagers Omni

Correct me if I am wrong but does't one or two of the dials look white in some close-ups in the show?? Is that just the lighting??

My thoughts exactly. I love taking stuff apart.

it would be really cool to take all the pieces an solder them to pieces of wire and do an "exploded omni" much like taxidermists do "exploded skulls"
images

Last edited:
Correct me if I am wrong but does't one or two of the dials look white in some close-ups in the show?? Is that just the lighting??
Ooh show me the photo you have

- - - Updated - - -

it would be really cool to take all the pieces an solder them to pieces of wire and do an "exploded omni" much like taxidermists do "exploded skulls"
https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/...dAJU0b9SEzbHouXpAaMmlY2E0woej3y8XqlPzJHgtoT9a
That would be killer

Yeah was thinking today how much I also love how the omni looked in Voyagers of the Titanic with just the solid blue globe. Just an idea! LOL

Yeah was thinking today how much I also love how the omni looked in Voyagers of the Titanic with just the solid blue globe. Just an idea! LOL

In my last omni, I used a crystal globe, and although it was cool to be able to rotate it, it was way off on scale. I am working on a globe design now that puts the scale of the continents spot on to the way it was shown. So in reality if the globe was complete, it would be almost the size of a base ball, but I am splitting it up into shells, and I will make every section of the globe available so you can swap them out for where ever you want it to show. Ill make it so you can buy just the ones you prefer, and they will be textured and in full color. I will also make a solid blue ocean version for Titanic.

Oh my God this is amazing!!! I can not wait! Yes to have the continents exactly as it was and the coloration is going to look amazing just like the show!! Thats what they did also obviously for the show because there was only about 3 hero omnis made and many different globes for the episodes. :)

I also wonder should the globes be made out of wood or resin maybe more like resin?? Not sure what the globes was made out of on the real thing.

images (1).jpg Yeah as you can see on the real omni's globe some of them at least like the one that shows England in the intro it looks a bit rough the continents it does not look entirely smooth.

View attachment 264519 Yeah as you can see on the real omni's globe some of them at least like the one that shows England in the intro it looks a bit rough the continents it does not look entirely smooth.
I can make it multiple ways, and just make it an option with material. So If you feel like painting it your self, the option would be plastic or metal, and if you want the color printed into the final part, then select the sandstone. I'm sure people will want the option.
I love this method of manufacturing, because it allows everyone's preference to be satisfied.

True and the sandstone looks more like resin I think, if it was resin that the globes were made out of for the real omni.

FUnny I watched The Trial of Phineas Bogg last night. I noticed Drakes silver omni at the beginning of the episode when he shows it to Bogg. It looks like it was broken a bit on the bottom left hand side!! like a crack or comething you see the piece move with Drake hand! LOL It must have been made from resin like a stunt prop. hmmmm......

FUnny I watched The Trial of Phineas Bogg last night. I noticed Drakes silver omni at the beginning of the episode when he shows it to Bogg. It looks like it was broken a bit on the bottom left hand side!! like a crack or comething you see the piece move with Drake hand! LOL It must have been made from resin like a stunt prop. hmmmm......
I made some silver omnis back in 2003 when silver was $7 an ounce. I still have one of them that I kept for my self. It is now $19 an ounce.

Yeah I remember those. LOL Just wondering do you think the actual Drake omni in either episodes The Trial of Phineas Bogg and Jacks Back every had an inside to them or just all for show on the outside??

Yeah I remember those. LOL Just wondering do you think the actual Drake omni in either episodes The Trial of Phineas Bogg and Jacks Back every had an inside to them or just all for show on the outside??
Only the people who saw it would know. One of my customers spoke with meeno peluce and he had very limited memory about the show at all, much less the props. I know a few people who are in the industry and very few of them are as consumed as us on the RPF about the props used, and they just don't pay that much attention to it. We have such a unique perspective on this aspect of the industry, and it typically falls on people like us to have the attention to the details.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back