New Project - Captain Jack Harkness Vortex Manipulator Wristband

It's 15mm

I apologise if I'm coming across as a bit pizzy, but us 'ole timers have a bit of a thing about hijacking, it's not cool on someone elses project thread.

I'm sorry, but how is continuing a seemingly dead project "hijacking"? The thread was dead for almost a year, then some people brought it back to the front and asked if there was any progress for a month with no response from you. We just stepped in and decided we could pick up where you left off. You can be a fan of Doctor Who without ruining other people's day, you know that, right? :lol I AM just messing with you, but seriously, where's the love? We're not even talking about sonics here.

I was gonna say pretty much exactly that but decided I probably shouldn't. We can always just start another thread or PM back and forth when Nick comes back anyway, so it's not that big of a deal.

EDIT: Also, thank you for the measurement Birdie.

And in retrospect, I'm sorry if I was a bit abrasive in my response. I can have a short temper sometimes, which is the reason I'm so popular on a certain person's blog, and your post felt a bit protective and unwelcoming of our participation. We're only working on a prop, we're not trying to steal your thunder.

Man, I can't leave you guys alone for 5 minutes can I? :lol

I'm on my phone right now, so I'll keep this short. Sorry for stepping on our toes, Birdie, I assure you it wasn't intentional it's just so easy to get carried away when trying to replicate a prop, especially with a picture of a replica as nice as yours.

It would probably be best to make our own thread anyway to prevent confusion. How about "The WaRisuFox Jack Harkness Vortex Manipulator Project." :p That was we can all have our own places for people to easily find our progress.

Sorry again, Birdie, I promise I'll try to contain myself next time to prevent the rampant takeover of your (or anyone else's) threads. Thank you for providing us with some of the motivation, through your thread, to move forward with our thread.

Best,
Nick

As I stated, the reson I haven't posted anything is that I haven't had anything to post!

I'm still hoping that this project will happen, I've just had a lot of things on my plate that I can do without a second party involvement, and they have taken priority. I suppose I'm a bit touchy on this subject having been let down on this one by my nearest and dearest :lol

Risu, I'm slightly surprised that you can't see the potential conflict of interest here. A project can lead to a run, no?

If you wanna see a project thread that eventually leads to a sales thread with long periods of inactivity, check out LMarchand's legendary Constantine lighter thread :cool

So then you're upset that we might finish first and do a run before you're able to? That's understandable. You did post pictures of the finished manipulator sans-wrist strap a long time ago though and never volunteered to do a run. I personally don't intend to sell these, I just want one for myself. If you want us to start our own thread, just say the word.

In the meantime, my sister is a software engineer and says one of her friends might be interested in helping us with some really legitimate electronics that would cycle the numbers on the screen like in the series 4 finale. It's far from a sure thing and I have no idea if he could make them small enough, but I thought it was a cool idea.

I'd be happy with one that blinks ;)

My version, scaled to the Samsung button, next to the toy:

Wow, that's a lot bigger than I expected. Reminds me of seeing the scale of the sonic next to the CO toy, I've just gotten so used to it.

In the meantime, my sister is a software engineer and says one of her friends might be interested in helping us with some really legitimate electronics that would cycle the numbers on the screen like in the series 4 finale.

Are you sure you aren't confusing the vortex manipulator and Project Indigo (another thing I'd like to build)? I'm pretty sure the VM doesn't have a screen in the finale, though I'd gladly be proven wrong.

-Nick

AFAIK the only found part is the Samsung phone button already covered here asnd in Risu's thread.

could be wrong, but the oval buttons look really similar to the ones found on the pocket radio which was used for the firefly voicerecorder from the episode 'messages'

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back