A12 Oxcart Project

dutch1968

Hello. Since this project is static it's essentially going to be a large prop, so I though it would be okay to post here. I've just found out about this site and it has been a great resource for a helmet build I've started.

I have a small basement setup in Northern Virginia where I am building a replica of a Lockheed A-12 cockpit. Work in progress.... All instruments (except for 3 temporary ones in the images below - to fill up a few remaining spaces) and panels either 3D printed, laser cut, and/or laser engraved, and hand painted. Planning on building out the side consoles, center console, and flight controls as well as weathering. More info at my Instagram site: @a12oxcartproject

I have a couple of Anycubic Kobra Maxs, a Bambu Labs Carbon X1(which I love!), and a couple of Photon Mono Xs for resin printing.

Apologies if this is considered a double post. I posted in the Introduction section as well.(I am so out of practice with forum etiquette....

-Steve
IMG_0228.jpg
IMG_0230.jpg
IMG_0229.jpg
IMG_3818.jpg
IMG_3727.jpg

Wow, the panel and instruments look great!

Have seen an A-12 in person? The California Science Center in Los Angeles has one exhibited outside (link to an album of photographs I took some years ago). You cannot see into the cockpit, but you can walk around and under the aircraft.

Wow, the panel and instruments look great!

Have seen an A-12 in person? The California Science Center in Los Angeles has one exhibited outside (link to an album of photographs I took some years ago). You cannot see into the cockpit, but you can walk around and under the aircraft.
Thanks! Yes, I was fortunate have the opportunity to spend a day in the cockpit of Article 132 in Mobile at Battleship Memorial Park. Took a ton of photos and measurements. It was a fun time!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back