New alternative for Solo Blaster

They are now available on evike for "pre-order" for $150 (est. delivery Jan. '17), and if you use promo code "FREESHIP" you can get free ground shipping in the US.

http://www.evike.com/products/64312/

I was on the fence, but there's nothing even remotely this good at this price point. Ordered!

RRR

Wow, might have to jump on that at that price, hopefully Evike can successfully get it up in Canada here without issues...

Jeez. At $150, I'm mad I bought mine at the original price! I wonder if there's any difference between the batches?

I'm almost tempted to pick up a second one!

I placed a preorder with Evike. I'll echo everyone else in saying $150 can't be beat for a metal replica. Further down the road, I'll look into making it more accurate. Let's just hope it doesn't take until January to ship.

They are now available on evike for "pre-order" for $150 (est. delivery Jan. '17), and if you use promo code "FREESHIP" you can get free ground shipping in the US.

http://www.evike.com/products/64312/

I was on the fence, but there's nothing even remotely this good at this price point. Ordered!

RRR

I am trying to hold off until I get my holiday bonus before buying more "toys," but now I regret not just caving on this. It's back up to $200, and the 25% off "newlook" code says it's not applicable for this item.

One thing I can't figure out is how to remove the knob from the scope. The two screws on top seem to have absolutely nothing to do with holding it on. They seem to be cosmetic.

Here's a quick look at how to dissemble the sight mechanism on the on the scope.

IMG_0573_zpsbfsqriqe.jpg

After removing the two small screws on the top off the knurled brass knob the small brass center cover plate can be removed. This will expose a small phillips head screw in the center. This is the screw that holds the knurled knob onto the scope. The cross hair sight is also attached to the bottom of the knob by the screw so after the screw is removed the crosshairs will fall down into the scope.

IMG_0574_zpsf6z4opcb.jpg

Using a small jewelers screwdriver the center screw can be undone and the knob removed. Be very careful when removing the the knob because there is a very small spring and a detent bearing beneath it that can fall out and be lost, I've circled the placement of the spring/bearing location in the following picture.

SiteC_zpsxjkorlko.jpg

This is really as far as you need to go to antique and modify the knob. If you wish to remove the rest of sight mechanism there are two small phillips head screws that hold the knob bracket onto the scope. Here is a picture of the entire mechanism disassembled withe associated screws next the components.

FullSizeRender5_zpslnlkjckb.jpg

Reassembling the knob to the sight can be a little tricky. First reattach the bracket to the scope. Be aware when reassembling the sight the small phillips head screw that goes into the center of the knob is not long enough to catch the Cross hair component. To reattach the knob, first replace the small spring and carefully place the detent bearing on top of the spring. I used a small amount of silicon grease to hold the spring and bearing into the bracket. Then place the knob onto the bracket and carefully turn the scope and knob upside down so that the crosshairs will fall down onto the underside of the knob. Then screw in the small center phillips head screw. It only takes a few turns for the threads to catch into the cross hairs unit. After the screw starts to catch the crosshairs the scope can be turned rightside up again and the screw can be tightened the rest of the way in. Don't tighten the screw down to much or the knob will not be able to turn. Replace the cover plate with the two small flathead screws and the sight mechanism is all back together.

Hope this helps!

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back