New alternative for Solo Blaster

Finished the blueing and re-assembled the whole thing. I thought I'd put together the pictures of all four stages of finishing. Here's the brand-new factory finish first, all glossy, even, smooth black.

PA011222.jpg

First weathering pass, just some wearing away of the factory paint with sandpaper and steel wool. A definite improvement, imo, but the unworn bits are still glossy, and it just doesn't look....old.

PA021304.jpg

Fully stripped of paint. I actually quite like this. I never put the scope back on like this due to impatience :)

PB091981.jpg

And finally all blued. I sanded the final aluminum black finish with a bit of 1500 grit sandpaper to remove some of the buildup, then treated with a bit of 3-in-1 oil. I think it looks a lot more....like metal now, at a glance, without the rather plastic-y original paint. I'll do a bit more re-weathering on this, but I quite like how it turned out as is.

PB132047.jpg

PB132048.jpg

Attachments

• PB132045.jpg
    PB132045.jpg
    899.9 KB · Views: 212
Can someone post a pic of one of these and an accurate Solo blaster side by side? This one looks amazing :)

You can find some good pics to compare it to in the TFA blaster thread. This is closest to the TFA version, with the biggest difference being the mode selector on the left side.

Last edited:
I've been meaning to weigh mine, so that's helpful. It's definitely lighter than my Denix-based blasters. It seems like a very nice mid-weight blaster, for it's size. Not light and cheap feeling, but not the brick that is the Denix, either.

Some progress - I've stripped most of the main body components. Still have a few small pieces and the scope and mount to do. My order of Aluminum Black should be arriving today, so I can start seeing how it works pretty soon.

View attachment 681533

If I was a brazillionair I would have three versions of every gun I own. A) fully stripped down to bare shiny metal, B) As Issued/Factory new, C) Weathered. Decisions, decisions etc. I finally got the final pieces to make my 4th Pulse Rifle.....it will be the stripped/primer version. to go with the other versions of life.

They seem to be getting restocks on it pretty regularly. I get my vacation/Christmas check December 8th. If it's back in stock then I'm grabbing one, especially if it's still on sale!

They seem to be getting restocks on it pretty regularly. I get my vacation/Christmas check December 8th. If it's back in stock then I'm grabbing one, especially if it's still on sale!

KY Airsoft still has them for $200. Evike is the one that's sold out, but it seems they'll have their sale going through November 26th.

Evike's product page just updated with a restock estimate of January. Anyone here order theirs from KYAirsoft? Good experience?

I bought mine from KYAirsoft directly. They were the first ones to carry these particular custom airsofts. No problems. Took a little while to arrive, from Hong Kong (no surprise there) and they shipped two different boxes a few days apart (something to do with laws about keeping the orange tip), but all went smoothly.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back