Toms custom Han Solo ANH blaster

thd9791

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hi folks,

I’ll take some better pictures once I put clear coat on this.

I found a 1980s Marushin M712 model gun at a local antique store! Now, the innards are pot metal and steel, the grips have a metal weighted insert and the body is plastic! Weird right?

Anyway, I ran a threaded coupling nut through the magazine because I didn’t trust any tap in the plastic body. Looking at the gun… it’s a weird shape, so I went looking for a scope… for cheap. This Bushnell was small enough and looked cool. It came with a pistol grip mount and I chopped that to make a Han Solo ANH style mount. I did this by hand with a drill press, rotary tool and metal files… not the cleanest job but I’m proud.

IMG_9521.jpegIMG_9523.jpegIMG_9484.jpegIMG_9487.jpegIMG_9471.jpegIMG_9384.jpegIMG_9379.jpegIMG_9368.jpeg
IMG_9533.jpegIMG_9532.jpegIMG_9528.jpeg

I cut the sight things off the scope and replaced them with some greeblies. Let’s play a game, what greeblies can you spot?!
IMG_9628.jpegIMG_9627.jpegIMG_9626.jpegIMG_9625.jpegIMG_9624.jpeg

Okay so first.. the flash hider is a replica from the community, I can’t remember who’s, and I drilled a single M4 st screw in the main groove underneath. This barrel had a step down which I didn’t like, so I added an aluminum tube sleeve to it, and ran the flash hider back to the joint

The mount I cobbled together to compliment the chunk of original scope rail included with the scope. I took some inspiration from the ROTJ mount, running M3 screws from the back
IMG_9743.jpeg

Finally I countersunk a bronze thrust bearing for an M6 countersunk screw for the main vertical screw. I was looking for thumbnuts locally and got nowhere, I really like this version tho. The side nuts are 1/4 20 camera thumb nuts, I could only grab American threaded coupling nuts to run through the magazine
IMG_9749.jpeg
IMG_9732.jpeg
IMG_9731.jpeg

This is finished off with krylon black, a little gloss can I found on clearance, and some matte clear enamel from rustoleum. Things like the flash hider were a couple rounds of weathering and black paint back and forth. Body is rustoleum grill paint, that dull black/gray… I wanted a more metallic color for the body.
IMG_9730.jpeg
IMG_9727.jpeg
IMG_9728.jpeg
IMG_9726.jpeg
IMG_9736.jpeg
IMG_9737.jpeg

Greeblies…
DV6/Barbican mystery part
TC-67 cassette recorder button
Boot stud
V8 Piston set
Random thin washers stacked to resemble a pulley
Kodak Instamatic plastic bushing
Bushnell pistol grip scope mount
Michell Coke Knob replicas
1980s M712 Mauser model gun
Bushnell 1.5x scope
Bespin Flash Hider replica
IMG_9738.jpeg
IMG_9739.jpeg
IMG_9741.jpeg
IMG_9729.jpeg

Looks great buddy! You always amazed me

I think we need you to change your name To “Ladiesman”

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back