NBC's Community

Oh... my GOD. I just saw this! :D I never would have thought that this would happen.
Best news I've gotten in a long time. Ironically, I just recently started watxching the series from the start and am into season 2 right now.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, just an FYI, I just found out where you can get Let's potato chips from Leonard's youtube reviews!
http://issprops.com/graphics/products/category/snacks/P9

So I assume this means they haven't broken down the sets yet? Does this mean it'll be filmed on the same studio?
Lunaman, any chance you'll be a Greendale student again as an extra?

So I assume this means they haven't broken down the sets yet? Does this mean it'll be filmed on the same studio?
They break down the sets at Paramount every summer anyway and put them into storage so they can shoot other things on the stages during hiatus, so the same sets will be restored.

Lunaman, any chance you'll be a Greendale student again as an extra?
We'll see! I'm going to at least try to be on set again! The last three times I worked on Community were through random chance on behalf of my talent listing service getting me background work to pay the bills. My profile for principal work is a little bigger each year and what I'm spending much more of my time and effort on these days, so I might be shooting for a costar part or something if my manager can swing it. Lord knows they need students at Greendale, and I'd happily play another nameless one walking by.

I don't recall when filming for normal Community seasons started in any given year, but I'm wondering if anyone has heard any news on this. Does this potentially mean filming at the same studio? Any word on which of the cast have committed to this? They've lost way too many people as it is (Glover and Chase, in that order), I'm not sure how many more of the cast the show could lose at this point.
One thing I'm really concerned about, I hope they'll make the new season(s) available on DVD...

I don't recall when filming for normal Community seasons started in any given year, but I'm wondering if anyone has heard any news on this. Does this potentially mean filming at the same studio? Any word on which of the cast have committed to this? They've lost way too many people as it is (Glover and Chase, in that order), I'm not sure how many more of the cast the show could lose at this point.
One thing I'm really concerned about, I hope they'll make the new season(s) available on DVD...
Out here in LA most shows are still on summer hiatus. Episodic stuff starts up again in full force in a month or two. Joel McHale was on ABC news recently and said that they are aiming to air the new season in 6 to 8 months.

They will indeed still be shooting at the same studio (Paramount) with the same crew and sets and everything. NBC didn't have anything to do with production, just distribution, so nothing changes in terms of actually making the show, it's just that Yahoo is footing the bill now. The season 5 cast was confirmed to be coming back pretty much in their entirety, though the specific lineup hasn't been released. Dan Harmon recently said that he's trying his damnedest to get Donald to come back in at least some capacity. Nothing's set in stone yet:
http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/...y-return-discussed-by-show-creator-dan-harmon

I'd say it's possible.

Boy, I hope Dan can get Donald back (Chevy's absence is missed on the show but nearly as much as Donald's), thanks for the info!
I sure hope you get the chance to be a Greendale student again. What episodes can you be seen in, anyway?
My problem with online or on demand content is that it has a bad habit of just vanishing one day. That's why I still buy CDs and DVDs even though you can find a lot (but NOT all) content on the internet. When I wanna watch, say, an episode of Community, I wanna be able to grab the physical recording of it and watch it on my big TV...

Boy, I hope Dan can get Donald back (Chevy's absence is missed on the show but nearly as much as Donald's), thanks for the info!
I sure hope you get the chance to be a Greendale student again. What episodes can you be seen in, anyway?
Sure! Um, season 5 I worked on "Analysis of Cork-Based Networking" and "Basic Intergluteal Numismatics," but I can't really be seen in them, I'm just a blur passing by in the far background. I couldn't even spot me when I watched the episodes.
Season 4 I worked on "Herstory of Dance," which I talked about on page 4 of the thread. That episode ends with a shot of my Winger-sized forehead right in the middle of the frame, closer to the camera than everybody else, which I found pretty hilarious. I promise I don't normally look that greasy, the hair, makeup, and wardrobe people wanted to play up our weirdness a bit. :)

My problem with online or on demand content is that it has a bad habit of just vanishing one day. That's why I still buy CDs and DVDs even though you can find a lot (but NOT all) content on the internet. When I wanna watch, say, an episode of Community, I wanna be able to grab the physical recording of it and watch it on my big TV...
Yea, I hear you. I love my physical format stuff. Hopefully it all works out. Till then, you can always grab an HDMI cable hook up your big TV to your computer as a monitor for streaming. ;)

Oh, also, they just posted the Community Panel from San Diego Comic Con. I haven't watched it yet, there's probably plenty of good info in there about the state of things:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2fgZPe5i3g

Last edited by a moderator:
Just bought season 5 on DVD this morning. Can't wait to watch the bonus stuff, as well as the earlier episodes in season 5 that on-demand dropped very early in the season (which is the primary reason I want DVDs of this show, whoever shows it).

Watched a couple of episodes last night, I'd forgotten the content of the first couple of them. Bloopers on the first disk as sort of so-so.
But I love it anyway.

Anyone ever figure out what they used for these containers? I think it'd be hilarious to make a good replica of this:
eCmgGjX.gif

When that episode aired I fully expected to see an interest thread for making these...

Not sure I would have been in, but it's funny as hell.

Just finished Season 5 on DVD last night. I must admit the bonus features weren't quite as good than past ones for the blooper reel. That was very short
That said, they do have a very good documentary on the making of the GI Jeff episode. That was worth buying the DVD just to see that. I had no idea all that animation was done by computer, they did an amazing job. There was also some discussion of the fake commercials, it was funny to hear that they had to teach the kids how to hold action figures...

Also, they are flat out just stainless steal thermoses with holes cut in for dry ice and a green LED. I MAY make one some day... not sure why. Maybe a joke to leave my wife or kid after I die?

"Aaaaand here's his semen."

Anyone ever figure out what they used for these containers? I think it'd be hilarious to make a good replica of this:
View attachment 360158

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back