NBC's Community

So, what'd you all think? While I was happy with this season, I must admit I wouldn't be terribly shocked if it didn't get picked up for six seasons after all...

So, what'd you all think? While I was happy with this season, I must admit I wouldn't be terribly shocked if it didn't get picked up for six seasons after all...

Per the way they Slammed NBC at the end of the show...tells me they're already aware of being cancelled...and Abed's comment about how if it didn't make it, it would never make it, basically referred, in theory, to the idea that if NBC doesn't pick up the 6th and final season, it won't be picked up anywhere else, and the movie won't be made. So it's highly possible, and I would HATE IT, that this is the end of Community.

Please, help convince me i'm wrong, I'm a giant fan of 6 seasons and a movie...and would love to see it all happen.

I agree that it sure sounded like they were mocking a decision already made, but I can't see that if a decision was already made, it wouldn't already be out there given that this was filed a while back. Nothing like that stays a secret for long.
I had high hopes for season 5. While it was good overall and had some classic episodes, I think having the premise shift so far away from the original concept harmed the show overall quite a bit.
Beats me what the ratings were or what the advertisers think (not that this is the only reason a show gets axed anymore), but I'm still hoping for the sixth season, of not the movie as well. ;)

I really hope they come back for one last season, announce it as the final season, and close it out with some paintball justice (the way 4th season tried to do, but failed horribly at). I won't be surprised if the show finally gets chopped. I saw a stat last week that showed that the viewership is way down from previous seasons, and after 2 floundering seasons it's gotta be tough to keep it on the air.

I've been thinking about this a lot lately... the first 3 seasons were absolutely AMAZING! I wouldn't have changed a thing about those first 3 seasons. I wonder if things would have been different if Harmon would have remained at the helm for the 4th season.

I've been thinking about this a lot lately... the first 3 seasons were absolutely AMAZING! I wouldn't have changed a thing about those first 3 seasons. I wonder if things would have been different if Harmon would have remained at the helm for the 4th season.
I wonder, too. But I don't feel Harmon being there or not had that great an impact. Look at how we all thought the show would suddenly be great again with Harmon... then it wasn't quite as good as we all thought it'd be (come on, let's be honest about that).
I think the things that have hurt the show are as follows, in my order of least to most contributing:
*Dan Harmon's presence
*Jeff's lawyer status being a non-issue suddenly
*Those tensions between Jeff, Brita and Annie becoming less an issue
*Chevy Chase leaving the show
*The entire premise being no longer the focus of people struggling to complete a degree at an insanely-run school
*Donald Glover leaving the show (much more so that Chevy, that Troy/Abed thing was a real strong part of the show)

I wonder, too. But I don't feel Harmon being there or not had that great an impact. Look at how we all thought the show would suddenly be great again with Harmon... then it wasn't quite as good as we all thought it'd be (come on, let's be honest about that).
I think the things that have hurt the show are as follows, in my order of least to most contributing:
*Dan Harmon's presence
*Jeff's lawyer status being a non-issue suddenly
*Those tensions between Jeff, Brita and Annie becoming less an issue
*Chevy Chase leaving the show
*The entire premise being no longer the focus of people struggling to complete a degree at an insanely-run school
*Donald Glover leaving the show (much more so that Chevy, that Troy/Abed thing was a real strong part of the show)

I totally agree with everything you just said. But I also feel like there were some things that Dan Harmon had to undo from last season.

Ideally I think it would have been the best if Dan Harmon would have been in the driver's seat for season 4, and they would have figured out a way to close up the series at that point. I think there was enough material and drive leading into season 4 that it could have really fell into the feel of the first 3 three seasons if it would have had good direction. Of course it doesn't really matter since this isn't what happened. Just day-dreaming I guess.

Considering how anything goes for a concept, imagine starting another season as Abed realizing he'd dreamed part of the previous two seasons and none of them have actually completed their degrees at all yet...
Stranger things have worked for that show.

So, does anyone have a clue when we'll know if there'll be a sixth season or not? I know a few shows have gotten the word already that they're gone...

I'm guessing either tomorrow or Monday. Chris McKenna (from what he's said on his twitter) isn't too optimistic though...

Since Sony owns the rights and NBC just aired the show, it's possible that they find somewhere else to air a final season or movie, perhaps online. But overall, yea, this is a sad development. Odds don't look good for the show continuing.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! :(

Still, I can't say I'm all that horribly shocked. Without Glover and the show's focus away from it's initial premise, I had a feeling this was going to be the end. At least they managed to wrap everything up, for the most part. There'll always be a Greendale!
I think I'll wear my GCC shirt (the only t-shirt I ever bought from a network store) tomorrow to represent...
To me, it's ironic, as just last week, I found myself on the campus of the community college I went to in the 90s for the first time since 1996. I no longer live in that area and my nephew's fiance was getting her nursing pin at an event there. felt so odd. The funny part was I was thinking more about Greendale than I was about my real-life history at the place (probably because it'd changed so much I didn't even recognize anything I was seeing)...

10336833_10152432746211974_1863039956203038271_n.jpg

I know that sometimes, a show does live on other places (usually not for long), but I never anticipate that as no show I liked that got axed ever lived elsewhere.
Now we'll never get to see City College's mechanical spider in action against Greendale...

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back