Heroes Reborn - NBC's Heroes is returning in 2015

Serenity

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Heroes lives: NBC helped kickstart the superhero TV trend in 2006 with Heroes, an X-Men-ish action-drama about a group of people with superhuman powers. Now the network is bringing back the show for a 13-episode event series to air in 2015. Original series creator Tim Kring is on board to run the show. Titled Heroes Reborn, the project is billed as a stand-alone story; the characters have not yet been announced.

“The enormous impact Heroes had on the television landscape when it first launched in 2006 was eye-opening,” said NBC Entertainment President Jennifer Salke. “Shows with that kind of resonance don’t come around often and we thought it was time for another installment. We’re thrilled that visionary creator Tim Kring was as excited about jumping back into this show as we were and we look forward to all the new textures and layers Tim plans to add to his original concept. Until we get closer to air in 2015, the show will be appropriately shrouded in secrecy, but we won’t rule out the possibility of some of the show’s original cast members popping back in.”

NBC's 'Heroes' is coming back | Inside TV | EW.com
NBC To Bring Back 'Heroes' As 13-Episode Event Miniseries In 2015: VIDEO - Deadline.com

The first season was great, the second season wasn't half bad, but season 3 was awful and season 4 dragged for a while but started getting interesting towards the end. They seemed like they were done rehashing the same plot lines (especially Clare-HRG angst) and were ready to change things up. Looking forward to this one.

This could be good but I don't have much faith in the project, they really set things up well all throughout S1 until the finale which was a big let down and all of the seasons after that were rather lackluster. As Smilingotter said, hopefully they'll have learned from their mistakes as well as remember what they did right; the good thing is that the 13 episode format should have the benefit of forcing the writers to focus more and will, hopefully, do away with a lot of useless filler episodes.

As far as characters go, if they plan on brining back any of the old characters I hope that they bring back Hiro & Ando, they were my favorite 2 characters, all the rest I could take or leave, esp. Clare who got old after a while and whom the writers didn't know what to do with except show her constantly messing herself up in all kinds of different gruesome ways.

Last edited:
People always seem to forget that this show was a casualty of the 2007 WGA Writer's Strike. After season 1, they had to cut out 13 episodes of season 2, and had to sever the storyline that would have transitioned between the second and third season. They ended up cobbling something together, but it was nowhere near what they had intended.

If they can get back to the roots of what was happening in season 1, this should be very good. If they try too hard to put lightning back into the bottle (which was what plagued them in the latter seasons), they will miss the mark.

The writers strike had little, if anything, to do with it. If memory serves, Tim Kring stated that he intended season 2 to be split into two volumes instead of just one big one like the first season.

The real problem was that the series kept rehashing the same material again and again.
Sylar was a great starter villain, but should have stayed dead at the end of season 1. He's just not that complex or interesting; he's just a super powerful serial killer with daddy issues.

Adam Monroe was a much more interesting villain. He was just immortal, and he had all of these other heavy weights doing his bidding. It would have been really interesting to see this kind of manipulation in action, but the writers couldn't make him smart to do it, so they made Peter dumb instead. How do you lie to a psychic, exactly? Adam should have been someone like Frank Underwood from House of Cards.

I also got tired of the Claire/Noah angst. It was great during the first season because you weren't sure who Noah Bennett really was. But after that every season had Claire learning something bad about her daddy that makes her hate him for a while until we get another "I love you Claire Bear" moment. That's why the show started to get interesting in the end, with Claire basically accepting who her dad was.

Hiro, the series most interesting character, really grew and matured during the first season. When he says "this man is ready" before going to fight Sylar, I cheered. But they kept making him into the plucky comic relief and just wouldn't allow him to grow up.

They had a few neat ideas, like when Peter lost his powers but overall Heroes was a one hit wonder that couldn't measure up to that first season.

I'm interested in this revival because the end of season 4 was getting good and it looked like the writers got their mojo back.

Last edited:
The writers strike had nothing to do with it. If memory serves, Tim Kring stated that he intended season 2 to be split into two volumes instead of just one big one like the first season.

The real problem was that the series kept rehashing the same material again and again.
Sylar was a great starter villain, but should have stayed dead at the end of season 1. He's just not that complex or interesting; he's just a super powerful serial killer with daddy issues.
Adam Monroe was a much more interesting villain. He was just immortal, but he had all of these other heavy weights doing his bidding. It would have been really interesting to see this in action, but the writers couldn't him smart, so they made Peter dumb instead. How do you lie to a psychic, exactly? Adam should have been someone like Frank Underwood from House of Cards.
I also got tired of the Claire/Noah angst. It was great during the first season because you weren't really sure who Noah Bennett really was. But after that every season had Claire learning something bad about daddy then age hates him fit s while until we get another "I love you Claire Bear" moment. That's why the show started to get interesting in the end, with Claire basically accepting who her dad was.
Go to, the series most interesting character, really grew and matured during the first season. When he says "this man is ready" before going to fight Sylar, I cheered. Bit they kept making him into the plucky comic relief and just wouldn't allow him to grow up.

They had a few neat ideas, like when Peter lost his powers but overall Heroes was a one hit wonder that couldn't measure up to that first season.

I'm interested in this revival because the end of season 4 was getting good and it looked like the writers got their mojo back.

I think you're missing a character name, GotWookie...

For a show called Heroes, nobody did anything heroic in it.

It was just full of angst, selfishness, madness and in-fighting.....i felt it was a show with potential, but it just flushed all that down the toilet and was basically boring.

Rich

For a show called Heroes, nobody did anything heroic in it.

It was just full of angst, selfishness, madness and in-fighting.....i felt it was a show with potential, but it just flushed all that down the toilet and was basically boring.

Rich

Partially agree. I downloaded the pilot in HD on the xbox marketplace and was blown away.... the rest of season 1 wasn't as good, but still great. S2 just sucked :( it got better but not much. Overall I really liked the concept and some of the characters so I would be happy to see some of the old ones again.

No Sylar is good :)

The constant switching up of Peter's power set and the number of loose threads that show created are the two things that aggravated me most.

I was hooked on the original for season one and once they started to redo the same stories in season 2 I stopped watching. I don't remember if I finished season 2 now that I think of it.

-Deric

It never settled into itself. It was an origin story that just kept going and even though it was an amazing origin story I kept waiting for it to find it's stride and the characters settle into "OK we've got powers and we finally know how to use em. Now lets either be bad guys or go fight bad guys."

Instead it was just one long "Tune in next week to find out WHO will be totally confused about whats going on next!"

Also...ending episodes on cliffhangers is OK. It DOES get a bit old, but I accept it. Ending every episode AND the season on a cliffhanger just irritates me. After a while I just realize that you're just never going to give me the payoff I'm waiting for, you're a big ol' tease, and I'm going to go find a sitcom or something.

~~~~~

Also, heroes is the show that makes me sometimes glad Firefly ended. I know thats sacrilege, but look back. If you ONLY ever saw season 1 of Heroes you'd think it was one of the greatest shows of all time. It had it all, and was one of the greatest origin stories ever. The assumption is that ANY story following that origin almost has to be amazing. The rest of the seasons weren't awful...I did watch to the end, but it's such a let down when you stack them against the massive amount of potential that show had.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back