My second ever prop project. Han Solo in Carbonite...i mean MYSELF in Carbonite

Very cool. I've read a few HIC project threads and thought it would be cool to have myself done in carbonite, but not sure I could sit there for the 20+ minutes breathing through a straw. What other options are there for casting a face?

Very cool. I've read a few HIC project threads and thought it would be cool to have myself done in carbonite, but not sure I could sit there for the 20+ minutes breathing through a straw. What other options are there for casting a face?

Another way i read about is to use the news paper strip method. It essentially involves taking strips of news paper about 1 inch by 3 inche, dipping them in pplaster and plasing them one at a time on your mug. I dont know the exact proceedure but it seems a lot less difficult then scuba diving in plaster like i did. I will admit it was a bit surreal when you are in ther. Everyone who i did it for didnt have a problem but i can see a person with clostraphobia not really enjoying the process. Also, the plaster we use never gets warm as it hardens.

Still, a very fun experience.

On a side note, i put 100% cilicone into a face mold i mmade of a friend and made perfect looking masks of him. He was un aware so when he saw someone wearing it the look was pricesless. Just another perk to making these face molds.

There is a brand new CARBON FREEZE ME exhibition at disney. Looks like lucas stole my idea again and ran with it. Damn it George! We talked about this!!! Lolol :lol

Still, they make it look great. The only big diffrence is theres is 8 inches. Wonder how much a life size one created by disney and lucas would cost if the 8 inch is $100? Thousands im certain.

Hi guys. I finally finished the Custom Carbonite prop and wanted to see how much I could get the price down to. If I decided to make em for friends. I forgot how tedious this was. Im not at all gifted or artistic so it takes me some time and a lot of trial an error. I completed the entire front of a new (what was supposed to be) Han in Carbonite when I completely forgot about the fact there was a frame around it. Ill post a pic to show what I mean exactly. Big screw up.

Last edited:
Now you have something you can look back on when you're old and say - That was me - I had skills before this damn arthritis!!!

This is cool. I have built a Han in Carbonite, but I've always want to make a version of myself in carbonite. I'm glad to know others have considered, and even done, it. Very cool work.

Are you serious? Please pinch me. Do yourself a favor and watch EP4 ~ 6 ASAP!

Catgrabber, sorry where are the completed pics?

Coming right up my friend. Not much different but since I am in a Scr%^* it mood, I will allow you guys to laugh at my misfortune. LOL In all seriousness, I am far from an artist so I started my official "best as I can" Han in Carbonite replica.

Now, aside from the obvious differences (size, color, missing head, cracking clay seams in pants, missing fingers) can you see where I REALLY messed up? Can you see where I made a mistake so bad, it is basically pointless to finish a HIC that would be remotely movie accurate. Lets see who can see the blunder I saw WAAAY too late. LOL

*See new post regarding my screw up plz

Last edited:
This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back