Something I Can’t “Unsee” About Han in Carbonite

Now heres something you REALLY can't unsee.

HanHands.jpg

Since it was just past 4AM and I was getting ready for bed, I realized that the wrists do still look way off, due to being different cast arms.
So RafalFett moving them up does look much better and natural, I wondered it keeping the hands in the same spot, but removing the wrists would look better.
It does, still awkward, but better.
View attachment 1714012
You night owl… I’m starting my day at that time lol

Well…and the craning of the neck is another matter altogether.

You can clearly see the separation between Harrison Ford’s face life cast and the other person’s body, right here (the separation line is just under the Adam’s Apple)…

View attachment 1713966

The iconic prop is actually a somewhat poorly executed “mishmash” of different body parts.
It would be really interesting to see the original version before the remake/alterations..
Someone somewhere must have documentation, maybe it looked too accurate?
The hair always bothered me as a teen... 70's mop going in and Slick back coming out but hey its only a movie
And I'd love to have my own at some point.

If you just pull your elbows back behind you, it's easy to get your hands that low. Just sayin'.

Yes, you can get your HANDS in the same position, but you can't simultaneously get your ELBOWS and FOREARMS in that position (without lengthening your upper arms by about 6 inches).

...I never thought that dissecting cadavers for a year could be of such inane use on a prop forum.

Yes, you can get your HANDS in the same position, but you can't simultaneously get your ELBOWS and FOREARMS in that position (without lengthening your upper arms by about 6 inches).

...I never thought that dissecting cadavers for a year could be of such inane use on a prop forum.
Girls like guys with skills. (Napoleon Dynamite)

I understand that there was originally a casting of Han in Carbonite that was much less dramatic…that essentially just appeared to be Han taking a nap. When Kirshner requested that the prop be redone, I wonder if the arms / hands were added to the casting, in a very hasty fashion?
Reminds me of the Micro Machines Bespin World playset I had as a kid. It had Han before-and-after being frozen in Carbonite and the frozen figure matched the unfrozen, hands still bound at his front. I know they often started design and production of toys before things were finalized for the screen, so maybe this was based on that original casting you mentioned.
Side note, I kept thinking Han in Carbonite was bronze colored based on this - they obviously picked the color based on how it looked onscreen under the orange lights.

1000004365.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back