movies you like that everyone else hates

Wow. I'm surprised how many people have Indy IV down as a movie they liked. I just watched it the other day with my kids and realized that I like it too.

It may be the weakest of the Indy quadrilogy, but it certainly isn't as bad as it's been made out to be.....there's a lot to love in it.

Goonies doesn't count. I've never met anyone who didn't like that film.

Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves, yes Kevin Costner's performance sucks, and I laugh every time he says "This is English courage" in his American accent. However, Morgan Freeman and Alan Rickman make this movie a lot of fun, something a Robin Hood movie should be. Also Friar Tuck is awesome.

I second The Postman

Superman Returns I loved it. Yes, even the suit. Even Superman having a son. Kevin Spacey as Lex Luthor: awesome.

Sky Captain and The World of Tomorrow It's a damn shame this franchise didn't take off. I would have loved a few of these every couple of years. This movie was/is a lot of fun to watch.

Most of mine have already been mentioned, but I'll list 'em again anyway:

Star Trek V - The Final Frontier
The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

And, yes, Star Wars - the Prequel Trilogy. Admittedly not as good as the Original Trilogy, but I've accepted them for what they are and I enjoy watching them.

TRON (both)

Leonard Part 6

Hudson Hawk

ROTJ

The Dark Crystal

I could go on. But those are the main ones that most people roll their eyes to.

I quite liked Superman Returns as well. I hate the idea of this upcoming reboot :angry
Same with the Spider Man franchise.

Do people hate Tron ? That surprises me. I'm not a big fan but I didn't know it was unpopular.

heartbeeps.jpg

Deep Rising
Evolution
Day of the Dead (This is actually my favorite zombie movie.)
I come in Peace
Company of Wolves

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back