Millennium FX Dr Who Sonic Screwdriver

Status
Not open for further replies.
this is interesting - look close at the pic of the real prop and I think there is no ring as stated earlier in the thread - there supposedly is - but I think apart from the dimensions of the window - the MFX looks closer - I may be wrong either way - it's just what I am seeing in the dark :)

How can you tell there is no internal ring, the struts are in the way and you can't see that area of the head. If you are talking about the ring at the base of the struts externally, that was only there on the Ecclestone version.

I know of someone who may be willing to part with his MFX Sonic, but hasn't decided yet what he wants to do. Maybe he'll get one of CT's. but I'm not trying to be a go-between for him, just making a statement. Just wondering if others are going to sell their MFX Sonic now that CT is selling them.

Last edited:
Any one wanting to part with there MFX to get a "More accurate" CT I will give you $300.00 at any time as long as the sonic is in good shape. If it is still sealed in the shipping envelope pm me and we can talk.

I figure with all of these inaccuracies we are talking about here (it's not even the correct color right? :lol) this is a great chance to unload the MFX and get the more accurate version if that is what you want.

There are some people that have lightsabers from MR never opened...I think some like to invest by never touching?

I know that would KILL me. Any package that comes before I go to work KILLS me till I get home even.

There are some people that have lightsabers from MR never opened...I think some like to invest by never touching?

I know that would KILL me. Any package that comes before I go to work KILLS me till I get home even.

I don't understand the mentality behind that. They could have a defective one or shipping damage. The batteries leak and wreck it etc etc. They'd never know.

Exactly...I never understand any of that myself. Part of collecting is having the thing to LOOK at I would think.

Aside from the general defects and battery stuff as well. I mean the MFX sonics even had that bulb problem that would suck getting an unpackaged one and having to go through all that stuff to get a replacement etc.

If I have the funds I try to buy an extra of licensed pieces that I think are going to go up in price and keep them sealed in the original packaging as an investment. It is sort of a crap shoot but I think the MFX will go up in price at some point and sealed in original packaging always improves the price. :)

If I have the funds I try to buy an extra of licensed pieces that I think are going to go up in price and keep them sealed in the original packaging as an investment. It is sort of a crap shoot but I think the MFX will go up in price at some point and sealed in original packaging always improves the price. :)

The original packaging isn't sealed, it just a box. It comes with batteries installed, so I'd highly recommend remving the batteries anyway. All batteries leak after time regardless of make.

I jusr received one of CT's Tennant Sonics and it is wonderful! I compared it to the official MFX Sonic and it is definately NOT like the MFX model. There are a number of dimensional differences, as well as the color and sound of course. It even can be taken apart easily and the top and bottom unscrews. Well worth the money!!

I jusr received one of CT's Tennant Sonics and it is wonderful! I compared it to the official MFX Sonic and it is definately NOT like the MFX model. There are a number of dimensional differences, as well as the color and sound of course. It even can be taken apart easily and the top and bottom unscrews. Well worth the money!!

Ooh! I'd love to see pics if you fancied starting a new thread?

Yeah, I saw that. I didn't know that the Tennant sonics were already being sent out, so I was excited to see pics of it "in hand"

I didn't realize either... Unless you live in/are visiting China or something?

Haven't had a tracking number through or anything...

Unless, not meaning to insult your intelligence, it's the Eccleston?

Last edited:
He is VERY good about giving tracking #'s it only took a week for me to get it. I paid for it a while back when it was first announced.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back