Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Thoroughly enjoyed that episode. Really enjoyed paxton and the episodes intensity. Along with the what was that moment with the gh half person. Seems to be missing eye as well as other half. Any good clues on who or what that was besides dr. Mahattan or a frost giant that does not seem to be correct given the esize.

I think that episode was awesome, best one yet. I'm liking where this show is going. I would really like if they did something where a plot is going on during several episodes of this show and was finally tied up in one of the movies. When they said World War II bunker, I was thinking Captain America or something. And at first I thought they said they were calling Dr. Strange, but didn't she say Stratton or something the second time? Wish I had recorded it.

Maybe that half creature was one left from the battle of New york? Did we ever see one of those without their armor?

Loved seeing Paxton. Looking forward to seeing Sif. Is this considered the second season now?

The "person" in the G.H. tube might be the original Deathlok. Deathlok was/is a human zombie-like cyborg. The human parts cannot die and when they are blown off they are replaced with cyborg parts. The focus of the bad guys seems to be on the Deathlok project and they seem to be well on the way to perfecting the cyborg parts but not the undead zombie human part. That would explain their interest.

This would also explain some of the chemicals removed might have the ability to restore dead tissue. They might heal you but the side effects might be a bitch later on! Could add some plot twists/problems for zombie Coulson and Skye as the Deathlok project moves along.

Just my two cents.

Probably the best episode so far. But it was going to be because of Hudson. Everyone had to up their game.

I thought the blue creature was an Alien of some kind. And the facility was some deep cover black government holding facility. But there should have been more than two guards. That was a little silly.

Quick search on the web last night after the episode and I've still yet to find a strong theory on what that blue humanoid is, best guess I've seen is Kree. I will admit this episode is one of the better ones, mainly because of Paxton as Agent Garrett. IMO this just lends further evidence that they need to change the main cast. Most of them are so bad that once you stick a quality actor on the set, the difference is THAT noticeable. The other reason this episode was an improvement was b/c the blue (alien?) humanoid just opened up a whole can of more interesting worms.

This episode was a disappointment for me in a few ways.

-Bill Paxton was really underutilized here. He seemed wooden. I felt like I was watching Steven Segal rather than Bill ... and that's not a compliment. He even looked like Segal in many of the scenes. I really hope they don't waste Jaimie Alexander in the next episode.
-So, the Guest House is a top secret government facility with an alien body and proprietary biotech materials whose security is comprised of two men - evidently with no communication to the external world nor means to call for support.
-Even so this sealed bunker was ridiculously easy to hack for entry. They would have had more trouble entering a solid door with a deadbolt lock.
-That Colsen even believed he might negotiate his way into a government facility without the password seemed sophomoric
-It seemed so hypocritical for the team be shooting at the security agents in order to save Skye's life. If they killed both men (who are only doing their job) in the process of saving her life where's the justice?
-Why would they grab only a single vial of the magic juice when they didn't know how much was even necessary? Grab handfulls of the crap!
-All in all the SHIELD team gets away with more and more irresponsible behavior. It's making it tough for me to continue suspending disbelief.

I like the show overall and I'm not a habitual detractor. This episode just fell short of my expectations.

WOAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH nearly done watching this crap if there isn't some MAJOR changes...

I thought it was going to pick up, but instead... sky sky sky sky WHO CARES!? I surely don't, yet the entire 'professional' shield team can't take a dump w/o having to spazz out about her...

How long have they known her? Oh yeah... a few month. Not only is her character useless and annoying... they keep making it all about her...

It's very tiresome to ignore 70% of the show to 'hold on' too 30% of the good stuff (like the blue alien, cool tech, cool references, somewhat interesting bad guys)... but that won't keep this show afloat.

Marvel, AGENT of SKY...

WOAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH nearly done watching this crap if there isn't some MAJOR changes...

I thought it was going to pick up, but instead... sky sky sky sky WHO CARES!? I surely don't, yet the entire 'professional' shield team can't take a dump w/o having to spazz out about her...

How long have they known her? Oh yeah... a few month. Not only is her character useless and annoying... they keep making it all about her...

It's very tiresome to ignore 70% of the show to 'hold on' too 30% of the good stuff (like the blue alien, cool tech, cool references, somewhat interesting bad guys)... but that won't keep this show afloat.

Marvel, AGENT of SKY...

Maybe you missed one of the previous episode's backstory on Skye, in that when she arrived as an 0-8-4 baby, an entire village sacrificed themselves to keep her safe, as did an unknown number of SHIELD agents. This was done without any apparent rhyme or reason, as neither the villagers nor the agents had any connection with the child. Why people go to great lengths to protect her isn't a question of why the writers want to keep Chloe Bennett on the show. It's a question of what it is about the character of Skye that makes other people want to protect her, even at the cost of their own lives.

Maybe you missed one of the previous episode's backstory on Skye, in that when she arrived as an 0-8-4 baby, an entire village sacrificed themselves to keep her safe, as did an unknown number of SHIELD agents. This was done without any apparent rhyme or reason, as neither the villagers nor the agents had any connection with the child. Why people go to great lengths to protect her isn't a question of why the writers want to keep Chloe Bennett on the show. It's a question of what it is about the character of Skye that makes other people want to protect her, even at the cost of their own lives.
if you don't mind I'd like to chime in...

I get the personal sacrifice aspect.

But I start to have problems when they have no qualms about possibly killing two other agents in the process.

I didn't miss it, it's complete bs and forced onto the viewers.

They are making the whole show about her, a nobody, that they are forcing as important for writer's own XYZ reasons. It's extremely artificial, and if it wans't for the fact that her character is extremely annoying and a burden... it could be passable... but it's not.

This show will flop really hard if they don't get their act together... viewers aren't THAT dumb to fall for this bs... which shows with the poor ratings of the show when ever they make it a 'skye' episode.

This one... 1.7/5 after a 4 week break on their first season. 5 million viewers for an episode after a break is a joke :lol :lol :lol

If you check the history of the episodes, you will see that the shows does much better when it's not some writer fed bs about skye. They can explain it how ever they want, or make it super cheap (like in this episode), the audience isn't biting.

But I start to have problems when they have no qualms about possibly killing two other agents in the process.

When i saw them do that... i actually face palmed... It's like "holy... now way... this will bit them hard... no?.... huh?..."

That just adds fuel to the mystery... What is it about Skye that would drive people to kill those who they would normally not kill, to sacrifice everything they believe in, just to protect her?

Maybe they have done it before and I never noticed, but did anyone else see the SHIELD logo briefly change to Captain's shield after the preview of next weeks show?

Sent from my Etch A Sketch.

That just adds fuel to the mystery... What is it about Skye that would drive people to kill those who they would normally not kill, to sacrifice everything they believe in, just to protect her?

Mystery solved, bad/cheap writers and storyline. Throw in some scifi mumbo jumbo explanation and voila... :lol

Maybe they have done it before and I never noticed, but did anyone else see the SHIELD logo briefly change to Captain's shield after the preview of next weeks show?

Sent from my Etch A Sketch.

No, i missed that. Next week is Asgard related anyway so that would be weird...

I didn't miss it, it's complete bs and forced onto the viewers.

They are making the whole show about her, a nobody, that they are forcing as important for writer's own XYZ reasons. It's extremely artificial, and if it wans't for the fact that her character is extremely annoying and a burden... it could be passable... but it's not.

This show will flop really hard if they don't get their act together... viewers aren't THAT dumb to fall for this bs... which shows with the poor ratings of the show when ever they make it a 'skye' episode.

This one... 1.7/5 after a 4 week break on their first season. 5 million viewers for an episode after a break is a joke :lol :lol :lol

If you check the history of the episodes, you will see that the shows does much better when it's not some writer fed bs about skye. They can explain it how ever they want, or make it super cheap (like in this episode), the audience isn't biting.

I have to have faith in the system... after all, this is Joss Whedon's team. They aren't known for ham-handing characters and shoving them down the audience's collective throat without there being a damned good reason for it.

Look back at Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Specifically, Season 5, when they introduced Dawn, the heretofore unseen little sister. There was a collective groan when she arrived, and her character was not well received. However, once they laid out who, or more precisely, WHAT, she was, everything was copascetic. I think the same thing will apply to Skye.

When i saw them do that... i actually face palmed... It's like "holy... now way... this will bit them hard... no?.... huh?..."

To be fair, there is some speculation as to whether or not the Guest House is an actual SHIELD facility, and who actually staffs it.

I'm really hoping that's the case. If they've got a much greater objective that could rationalize a lot. But it better be good.

and another thing... anybody else get the sense that, when they're entering a situation with possible hostile contact, they're always grossly underequipped? Where are the firearms ... or VESTS!!!! .... or TRAINING? Shouldn't everybody have at least a little basic training? I cringe when they're up against armed hostiles and between the entire team all they've got is a single Glock 19, a Night-Night pistol and Kung Fu.

I have to have faith in the system... after all, this is Joss Whedon's team. They aren't known for ham-handing characters and shoving them down the audience's collective throat without there being a damned good reason for it.

Look back at Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Specifically, Season 5, when they introduced Dawn, the heretofore unseen little sister. There was a collective groan when she arrived, and her character was not well received. However, once they laid out who, or more precisely, WHAT, she was, everything was copascetic. I think the same thing will apply to Skye.

To be fair, there is some speculation as to whether or not the Guest House is an actual SHIELD facility, and who actually staffs it.

I have no problem having faith... i gave them all of it every episode (look back, i was pretty vocal in my backing of the show)... and it's been getting worst and worst... after a certain amount of time, the pony ride stops being fun.

SHIELD facility or not... Coulson was healed there... so at MINIMUM it makes it a friendly place. Not only that... they actually had no idea if it's a good or bad place... they invade it, and get shot after being told for the answer of the passcode, which they didn't have since they didn't belong there. They still went in gun blazing (guess the stun gun only works in SOME episodes... same with the stun grenades...). Very artificial and cheap :(

I'd be pretty **** if those were SHIELD, or Government agents (or another friendly organization... they took care of coulson under the direction of Fury after all...).

Like sacoyne said... the writers need one heck of a amazing/epic explanation and even with it... it might be too late (one or two very good episodes explaining/excusing 10 bad one's... won't keep the show going).

I, too have faith in Joss. But let's not forget that this project is his brother, Jed's baby, and that Joss found himself doing massive page one rewrites of the pilot before the table read because the treatment was so horrible. I think he's too busy really to have a big hand in this production because he's involved in everything else.

If the series turns weak it wouldn't be Joss who dropped the ball.

Even though it doesn't seem that way I'm a big fan of all the Marvel stuff coming out. It's about time Marvel had it's day because I've been such a fanboy as a kid ... I even detested all things DC. I am immensely forgiving of the show so I'm more embarrassed than anything else when this show hits a sour note for me. I'll be with it till the end of course.

Marvel, AGENT of SKY...
I think sky is a good character. I think this show is on the right track and it's getting better and better. Maybe this show isn't geared to people like you.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back