MAKE BELIEVE's collection - "Star Trek" new additions

Re: MAKE BELIEVE's collection - Book of the Nine Gates of the Kingdom of Shadows

You did a wonderful job with the Nine Gates. The patina of the cover, the endbands, the edges of the paper all look great. From a strictly bookbinding perspective, it's very important that I note here for others that books like this should lie flat when open -- just as this one does. The paper lining the interior of the covers was also worked in well enough to provide a good hinging action. For a first attempt, this is really fantastic. You should certainly be proud of it! :thumbsup (And just a word of caution -- when it comes to making books, they're all imperfect, and so it's easy for the obsession to take hold... ;))

Thanks bud for your kind comment. These words comming from you really mean a lot to me
Thank you so much

Re: MAKE BELIEVE's collection - Book of the Nine Gates of the Kingdom of Shadows

Wow! First try? It looks like a great start! Did you take any "in progress" shots? Any thoughts that you can share on the binding process would be appreciated. The leather tooling on the cover is especially nice - where did you find the tools for the leatherworking?

Great collection!

David

Wow! First try? It looks like a great start! Did you take any "in progress" shots? Any thoughts that you can share on the binding process would be appreciated. The leather tooling on the cover is especially nice - where did you find the tools for the leatherworking?

Great collection!

David

Thanks. No, didn't take any "in progress" pics but must tell you this job takes a LONG time (a lot of pages and all aged one by one...)
The main lesson on binding is from reading Flattery's excellent post (he's the man!) and a few questions asked here and there.
In the pics you can't tell but there are a lot of small things that aren't right (but as I said first try... And hope not to make another one soon :wacko)
"Borrowed" the tool for the leather cover from a friend's son school :D

JM, where or how did you print the pages out? Any direction on that would be awesome.

Google for it under "Nine gates book pages tutorial"

I saw the ApocProp blog, just wanted to know if you did anything different. I'd like to order the prints from somewhere on "nice" paper. Didn't know if you or anyone had experience with that.

Re: MAKE BELIEVE's collection - Indiana Jones collection

Indiana Jones collection

Attachments

• IJC2.jpg
    IJC2.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 163
  • IJC5.jpg
    IJC5.jpg
    141.4 KB · Views: 151
  • IJC1.jpg
    IJC1.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 148
  • IJC3.jpg
    IJC3.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 205
  • IJC6.jpg
    IJC6.jpg
    153.3 KB · Views: 145
  • IJC7.jpg
    IJC7.jpg
    192.8 KB · Views: 160
  • IJC8.jpg
    IJC8.jpg
    199.5 KB · Views: 159
  • IJC9.jpg
    IJC9.jpg
    194.2 KB · Views: 150
  • IJC10.jpg
    IJC10.jpg
    189.8 KB · Views: 158
  • IJC11.jpg
    IJC11.jpg
    184.7 KB · Views: 155
  • IJC14.jpg
    IJC14.jpg
    144.4 KB · Views: 139
Re: MAKE BELIEVE's collection - Shawshank Redemption cross stitch prop

Finally found a lady that works on cross stitch and asked her to do the painting hanging on the warden's office:

"His judgement cometh and that right soon"

This was a prop that I've been looking for a long time

SRCS1.jpg SRCS2.jpg SRCS3.jpg SRCS4.jpg

SRCS5.jpg cs1.jpg cs2.jpg cs3.jpgcs3.jpg

il_fullxfull_296393621.jpg

Last edited:

Very cool additions to the collection man! Especially impressed with your Indy display case. Very nice indeed!

Thanks mate
Haven't seen you lately at the forum...

Oh, I'm always around...lurking....in the shadows...(mwah-hah-ha!) :ninja ;)

Actually, the truth is that ever since the RPF made all those changes earlier this summer it's been a real pain for me to surf the site. All of the pop-up ads make everything painfully slow on my computer. I still check in once in a while, but it's not the same unfortunately. It's too bad really. I do miss it.

Oh, I'm always around...lurking....in the shadows...(mwah-hah-ha!) :ninja ;)

Actually, the truth is that ever since the RPF made all those changes earlier this summer it's been a real pain for me to surf the site. All of the pop-up ads make everything painfully slow on my computer. I still check in once in a while, but it's not the same unfortunately. It's too bad really. I do miss it.

Know exactly what you mean - had the same feeling at the begining but got over it (you know what they say: if you can't beat' em, join' em) - that's more or less what I did, but I do agree with you it was much easier how it was and yes I also miss it ; now it gets real slow some times; not to mention all those stupid adds that nobody pays attention to (so I think). But it was that or nothing so I chose to stay on. You're missing some good things mate (btw finished my model facehugger :D)
All the best, my friend

Re: MAKE BELIEVE's collection - Shawshank Redemption cross stich prop

How much would you pay to get rid of those annoying ads?
$10.00 a month for easy uncluttered surfing with no ad, larger print because ads are gone and faster speed?
$10.00? $20.00? How about $4.00?
Yes, for only $4.00 a month you can subscribe to PREMIUM and all ads disappear. ;)

Re: MAKE BELIEVE's collection - New addition: Loki mask

Got this resin mask from "The Mask":

Attachments

• M1.jpg
    M1.jpg
    125 KB · Views: 155
  • M2.jpg
    M2.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 164
  • M3.jpg
    M3.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 161
  • M4.jpg
    M4.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 155
  • M5.jpg
    M5.jpg
    174.1 KB · Views: 238
  • M6.jpg
    M6.jpg
    144.9 KB · Views: 159
  • M7.jpg
    M7.jpg
    181.8 KB · Views: 144
  • M8.jpg
    M8.jpg
    178.1 KB · Views: 139
  • M9.jpg
    M9.jpg
    159.9 KB · Views: 160
  • mask.jpg
    mask.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 157
Last edited:
Re: MAKE BELIEVE's collection - Update # 1

These props are published on other threads, so decided to post them all on this collection thread. Sorry for posting them again...

The replica props are:

- the Bible from "The Shawshank Redemption"
- the pub sign from "An American Werewolf in London"
- facehugger from "Alien 3"

bible3.jpg bible4.jpg bible2.jpg

bible1.jpg AWW2.jpg aww.jpg

FH32.jpg FH40.jpg FH47.jpg

Re: MAKE BELIEVE's collection - Update # 3

Some more:

- Sign from "District 9"
- Tablets from "The Ten Commandments"
- Rose Box from "Terminator 2"

sign.png sign2.png tablet2.png

tablet.png tablet3.png RB.png

RB2.png

Re: MAKE BELIEVE's collection - Update # 4

- Hugo notebook
- Citizen Kane sled
- Wizard of Oz Ruby shoes

NOTEBOOK.jpg NOTEBOOK2.jpg NOTEBOOK3.jpg

ROSEBUD.jpg ROSEBUD2.jpg RS.jpg

Attachments

• RS2.jpg
    RS2.jpg
    184.5 KB · Views: 118

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back