MAKE BELIEVE's collection - "Star Trek" new additions

MAKE BELIEVE

Master Member
Hi there

Orange Blend pointed out that I had several props in lots of different threads and suggested I should create a new one called MAKE BELIEVE's collection - so here it is.
I shall not repeat the ones I have already posted and intend to individually post the rest of the props I've made myself (paper props excluded)
In time I'll post movie related items - action figures (model miniatures are in another thread) and when my prop room is ready I'll also post pics.
These two are wooden made and represent just one side of the crate (the nazi Ark of the Covenant and the Ark of the Covenant where the Ark was stored).

Attachments

• raiders crate.jpg
    raiders crate.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 303
Last edited:
MAKE BELIEVE's collection (update 6 Oct)

Two more props I made (from The Shining) - Jack's Axe and room 237 keychain

btw - starting to feel kind of lonely on this thread :(

Re: MAKE BELIEVE's collection

Hi there

Orange Blend pointed out that I had several props in lots of different threads and suggested I should create a new one called MAKE BELIEVE's collection - so here it is.
I shall not repeat the ones I have already posted and intend to individually post the rest of the props I've made myself (paper props excluded)
In time I'll post movie related items - action figures (model miniatures are in another thread) and when my prop room is ready I'll also post pics.
These two are wooden made and represent just one side of the crate (the nazi Ark of the Covenant and the Ark of the Covenant where the Ark was stored).

Really like the crates. What size did you scale them down to?

I've had the intentions to do the Nazi crate, even have a traced vector file of the design, which means just need to load some paper into the cutter and I'll have a stencil for it. Still haven't gotten around to it, ha.

Really like the crates. What size did you scale them down to?

I've had the intentions to do the Nazi crate, even have a traced vector file of the design, which means just need to load some paper into the cutter and I'll have a stencil for it. Still haven't gotten around to it, ha.

Hi mate

Glad you liked it. I had intentions of doing them 1:1 but then found out didn't have much room :lol So decided to reduce the size a bit (not exactly to scale...) Once you already have the vector file it's a very easy and fast job - I did mine the hard way (got the eagle and letters from the net, copied them to the wood a painted it all by hand :wacko)

Hi mate

Glad you liked it. I had intentions of doing them 1:1 but then found out didn't have much room :lol So decided to reduce the size a bit (not exactly to scale...) Once you already have the vector file it's a very easy and fast job - I did mine the hard way (got the eagle and letters from the net, copied them to the wood a painted it all by hand :wacko)

Yea, don't really have the room for a 136cm long crate sitting out in the room either, haha.

You did a good job on them. :thumbsup

Very unique. Love it! :thumbsup

When you post new items tell us a bit about them. I'd love to hear how you make/find these. :)

Hi OB

Thanks for your kind words
I always try to make my props as good as I can, as close to the original as I can, and as simple and cheap as I can. On this one I got an old key, a ring and made a wood round piece and a small hole on top. Painted it soft yellow and applied the nbr. To make it a bit more real and with a worn look used a lot sand paper on the edges and center. One of the cheapest props I've made.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back