Lile Rambo First Blood Knife

Hello,

Well, I just bought my very first handmade First Blood movie knife yesterday and the guy mailed it out today!! Woohoo!! Will be here in about 4 to 5 days! I am so excited! I already have a very high quality handmade Savage Sheath that I had made for a '80's UC First Blood movie knife! I have to say that even though that knife is a cheapie production knife from United Cutlery, it is still one solid made knife, and no looseness or space between guard and handle at al.

But now, my good friends!! My lifelong dream has come true: To own a hoigh quality handmade First Blood movie knife! The blade is made with 440C steel, as wella s the guard. And the handle and endcap are both made with 416 stainless steel. No compass in the endcap but not concerned with that. I know many metal workers here locally that probably can make me a new endcap! But I am really excited.

I already own a handmade Steve Voorhis Rambo style knife which resembles the First Blood, Rambo Missions, and the Sly II knives. However, as good and solid as that one is, it just isn't a Fiirst Blood movie knife! But the one coming to me is, and with it costing $850, I am very happy!!

Hello,

Well, I just bought my very first handmade First Blood movie knife yesterday and the guy mailed it out today!! Woohoo!! Will be here in about 4 to 5 days! I am so excited! I already have a very high quality handmade Savage Sheath that I had made for a '80's UC First Blood movie knife! I have to say that even though that knife is a cheapie production knife from United Cutlery, it is still one solid made knife, and no looseness or space between guard and handle at al.

But now, my good friends!! My lifelong dream has come true: To own a hoigh quality handmade First Blood movie knife! The blade is made with 440C steel, as wella s the guard. And the handle and endcap are both made with 416 stainless steel. No compass in the endcap but not concerned with that. I know many metal workers here locally that probably can make me a new endcap! But I am really excited.

I already own a handmade Steve Voorhis Rambo style knife which resembles the First Blood, Rambo Missions, and the Sly II knives. However, as good and solid as that one is, it just isn't a Fiirst Blood movie knife! But the one coming to me is, and with it costing $850, I am very happy!!

Congrats on the purchase.

Can you post some pics of both of these knives?

Wow!!!. Very cool. After seeing soo many great First Blood knives I can't wait to upgrade my UC ones.

Congrats, that is a beauty.

Thanks for the pics.

A few days ago I was checking my email. I'd previously asked a sheathmaker that I'd bought a few sheaths from in the past, if he could make me a leather MOLLE style sheath for my brand new handmade First Blood knife. The sheath I wanted him to make is like the Down Under Knives MOLLE sheath that he makes. He makes that sheath where you can wear the knife and sheath hidden behind your back underneath a coat or big jacket. The knife itself hangs upside down. There are leather suspender-type things that attach to the sheath and around your shoulders and then snaps onto your belt in the sides and in the back. It is quite a uniwue sheath system and I love it. You can also wear the sheath on your side, around your leg, arm, and other areas.

Anyway, he said that he had put a halt on sheath making because he had packed things up, gotten a new job position, and was having to move out of state to relocate. I said OK and wished him well.

Well, just a few days later, I suddenly got an email from him and he said that he suddenly got the urge to see if he could make one last sheath for kicks, and after pulling an all-nighter with it, he had made one for my knife and had put it in the mail. he told me to not put any custom sheath orders with any other maker yet until I try out the one he made. Well, that awesome sheath came today, and it is absolutely stunning and looks great with my new FB knife! It has the MOLLE setup like my other one which he'd made, except that I can switch out the suspender parts if I ever want to wear it like that. But I tried it on m,y side, and it looks dynamite!!! I was so shocked that someone blessed me like this!

The knife fits snug as a bug in a rug! And so does the round EZE LAP Sharpener!! I just cannot believe that this has happened for me. And he just made it for me as a gift I reckon. I have asked him about if he wanted me to pay for it and he said he made it just for kicks and had thought of me! I tell you, it is not a movie accurate FB sheath (I already have one of those via a Savage handmade sheath), but that is just fine!

This sheaths looks fantastic and is stiff as a board. High quality leather was used to make this baby! It is stiff like a rod of iron! Will take and post pics of this sheath and knife together soon, and add them to my othger pics of the knife here!

Hello,

Here is my brand new handmade First Blood Knife with my Brand New Steven Lambert MOLLE Sheath that just arrived today in the mail. I tried it on and strapped it to my side, and Ohhh Yeahhhh!! Ready For Rambo outing, Ha Ha!

Hello,

Here is my brand new handmade First Blood Knife with my Brand New Steven Lambert MOLLE Sheath that just arrived today in the mail. I tried it on and strapped it to my side, and Ohhh Yeahhhh!! Ready For Rambo outing, Ha Ha!

Thats a nice sheath. Kinda reminds me of a tanned version of the Jack Crain Predator sheaths. I also like how he's given it the weathered look, well done. :)

Last edited:
Thats a nice sheath. Kinda reminds me of a tanned version of the Jack Crain Predator sheaths. I also like how he's given it the weathered look, well done. :)

Thanks Raven! It might not be a True To Movie First Blood Sheath (already have one them and will also be getting another one from Andy Wood in the coming months) but it is a fantastic sheath. It is setup where I can strap on the included suspendered attachments and harness the knife to where it is in back of me and is resting against my back, upside down where I can just grab it by the handle. Wearing it like that allows me to hide it under a jacket, coat, or big shirt! But now, I strapped this baby to my side last night just to see how it would fit, and Ohhhh Yeahhhhh! It really looks badass, like I am ready for bear, LOL!! It hangs down just perfect and rests against my leg and ties just perfect! Best of all, it was made for me and given to me For Nothing!! My friend just up and decided to make a MOLLE sheath for someone just for nothing and thought of me and my new knife.

I thought that was extremely nice of him to do that, so I have a big Commando type handmade knife that I know he has been wanting. I bought it here awhile back for a few hundred dollars. I am putting that knife in the mail this week to send to and give to him. That is just what good friends do. I believe highly in giving and getting. But I believe way more in giving over getting!! Still though, it sure is nice to be thought so good of and have someone just make me a gift like he did! And also, this sheath is tight and solid ans stiff as a board!! It is totally unbendable! Not a single ounce of give in it!!!! Just a beautiful, hardcore, high quality handmade MOLLE sheath and I love it!!

Yeah thats a beautiful sheath.

Actually Crain did make a sheath for his Battlebaton that Ironhorse wore on his back

Well guys, I got home from work and there was a big arse surprise in the mailbox waiting for me!! It was my $180 handmade Damascus Rambo 3 knife and sheath, Ohhh Yeahhhh!! My new Rambo 3 knife is badass!! Razor sharp and with a needle-sharp point! The blade is damascus steel, 1/4" thick and close to 3 inches wide at widest point. Guard is also damascus steel, as well as the pommel!!

This knife is perfectly made and superbly balanced. has a hardwood Brown handle!! Made by one Helluva knifemaker in the US! Can ya say Ohh Yeah!!? Ha ha! It is an awesome First Blood/ Rambo year for me so far.

Next in line is going to me a handmade Rambo Missions knife!!

Last edited:
Well guys, I got home from work and there was a big arse surprise in the mailbox waiting for me!! It was my $1180 handmade Damascus Rambo 3 knife and sheath, Ohhh Yeahhhh!! My new Rambo 3 knife is badass!! Razor sharp and with a needle-sharp point! The blade is damascus steel, 1/4" thick and close to 3 inches wide at widest point. Guard is also damascus steel, as well as the pommel!!

This knife is perfectly made and superbly balanced. has a hardwood Brown handle!! Made by one Helluva knifemaker in the US! Can ya say Ohh Yeah!!? Ha ha! It is an awesome First Blood/ Rambo year for me so far.

Now I have a handmade First Blood knife, a handmade Rambo 3 knife, and a handmade Rambo 4 knife that is on its way to me ($970)!! Next in line is going to me a handmade Rambo Missions knife!!

Pics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:popcorn :popcorn

It took a while but I Finally, Finally got my handmade Rambo 4 knife!! That knife is massive, hefty, and one badass bladed knife! It is made with solid forged 1095 high carbon steel and has a Rockwell hardness of 58-60. This knife has to be at least 5/16ths of an inch thick at the spine, if not thicker! And the handle is a Beautoful Brown thick suede-type lerather!! It has to be the most beautiful, most massive Rambo 4 knife I have ever seen, And best part of all is that I now have it to a near-razor sharpened edge! Will take pics of it and post them soon!

Hello,

Here are pics of my newest knife, which is like the very first Rambo 3 knife that Stallone originally chose for the movie. It resembles the one that he was using in the mine field, which had the serrations such as this one. Of course, as everyone knows, right after that scene he chose the famous Hibben knife to be the actual one for the rest of the movie.

Not taking anything at all away from the Hibben knife Or Mr. Hibben himself, but I personally think Stallone should have stuck with the serrated knife style like the ones he used in the first two Rambo movies! And I think this same way for his Rambo 4 knife as well. I just think it would have made more sense.

In the movie First Blood, he had the knife he had with the serrations he had for sentimental reasons I think. With the arrest, I can understand him losing that knife to the authorities and not having the same one for the Missions movie. But if you notice, he did keep the same concept with the same number of serrations which I belkieve represented his Green Beret team of friends. It could have been thought of like since he was arrested and lost the first one, he specifically requested to have the Missions one made for those same sentimental reasons.

But then comes Rambo 3, which started off great with him using the same serrated type knife. I think it would have been better had he of still used the same knife from the Missions movie. We all know that as he walked away at the end of Rambo Missions, he still had that knife, So I think it only be fitting that he used the same Missions knife for Rambo 3, and then also for Rambo 4. But that is probably just my weird thinking.

Anyhow, the blade on it is 5/16ths inches thick and is made with 1095 high carbon steel, which hapens to be my favorite steel (tied with 550C and 5160). The length of the blade is 11 3/4" and it is just barely under 3 inches wide at the widest point! And the sheath is also handmade is is just absolutely beautiful and fits the knife superbly! Just couldn't be made any better!

Anyway, sorry for the long analogy here, LOL! Here are pics of my latest greatest handmade knife!

Last edited:
I took my 2 handmade sheaths for my handmade First Blood knife and had them alterred and I mean, they both turned out Exactly like I wanted them, and especially my True To Movie handmade sheath by Harry Savage. On the sherath, he used that old dinosaur-dated bulky Loop-style for the belt loop. I have Never liked that style. And especially now with it being so dated. But I took it to my new local sheath maker and good friend. Bob took the sheath and cut out that big bulky loop-style. Then he placed a leather piece as a spacer between the two cut ends and then hand sewed it all together to give it that much nicer square-type belt loop.

Bob also put the six-pack lanyard holes in the sheath where the handle rests to be used to tie the sheath, with knife inside, to a backpack or something else that I need or want to tie it to. Man he did a Fantastic job with everything he did to my sheath. he even re-dyed it and polished it to make it look new again. And now, that sheath looks 5 times better than it did. Savage did an incredible job making the sheath, which I have now had for close to 3 years now and with the updating of it, I have one fantastic looking sheath that looks great with my handmade Schiller First Blood knife.

MY newest knife is the TOPS Condor Alert Knife (aka CA99 knife). That one is the 2nd one which my loving wife surprised me with for Christmas. I tell you, that one might not be a First Blood Rambo Lookalike knife, but it is one badass knife! Full tang, 1/4 inch high carbon heavy Black Traction coated 9 1/2 inch steel razor sharp blade.... Tell me that's not one heavy duty badass hardcore knife!!

Hello,

Here are pics of my newest Gem Of A Knife. It is a very rare Explorer Master 21-032 survival knife. It is identical to the everpopular and legendary Buckmaster 184. However, this knife was made in Seki Japan and has a 440C steel blade versus the Buckmaster's 420HC steel blade. The guard on this knife is also 440C steel. The handle and endcap (with compass inside) are both 300 series stainless steel versus the Buckmaster's aluminum handle and endcap. I wrapped the handle myself with 550 military grade para cord. While not a First Blood knife, it sure runs in the family of them. I also took it and had it full bead blasted. Shoulda seen it when I first got it. It looked Nothing like it does now! Enjoy!

A while back I found this handmade survival knife on Ebay. It was a bit tarnished and rusted and just looked terrible cosmetically. The guy apparently had traded for it many years ago and claimed that save for his son using it as a kid, it was untouched and was only tarnished and had minor rust spots. I bought it and when I got it, what he said was not the case, LOL! The handle and guard were loose, and the blade just screwed right off. I was furious and immediately contacted Seller and demanded a full refund. He replied rather hatefully and we bickered back and fourth, but he finally reluctantly agreed to my full refund.

However, something kept telling me to keep the knife. That it was special and could easily be fixed. So on that gut feeling alone, I decided to keep it and risk it ending up as just a $200 broken junk knife. The next day, something led me into the hardware store, and led me right to the exact things I needed to fix the knife. In less than an hour, the knife was fixed and the guard and handle was solid and tight. That very day a collector saw me with it in the store and immediately offered me $425 for the knife. I refused and he made two more offers and stopping at $625. I refused all 3 offers.

I managed to locate the maker of the knife and got sortof a COA for it. He told me exactly what it was made with, that he only made 5 like it, and making one of them almost even cost him his life.

But aside from all this, I found out that he and Jimmy Lile were very good friends and that Lile got him into the Knife Guild Assoc. But even that was not all, for what he told me next stunned me. he told me that the knife I had which he made, just happened to be the first one he made, and Mr. Lile actually worked with him on the knife. They both made it together. Looking at this knife, I could see the spirit of the late great Jimmy Lile all over it.

Well, I finally took this knife this weekend, and I had the blade and handle fully professionally bead blasted. I put brand new military grade 550 para cord, OD Green. on the handle which originallyw as wrapped with nylon string, same as the First Blood knife. Now this JWB handmade knife looks soo extravagant. I showed it to an acquaintance of mine who immediately made me a high end buy offer of $925 for the knife. Again, I turned this down.

I am currently in process of having an awesome sheath handmade for this awesome knife. When finished, i will post pics of both sheath and knife on here. After that, it will go into one of my glass display cases along with a descriptive letter.

Just shows you that what might look like nothing, might actually be a big something once the dirt, grime, and nastiness is washed away from it. To me, this is true Art!

I went and picked up my brand new custom handmade leather sheath for my TOPS Condor Alert survival knife yesterday (aka TOPS CA88)!! All I can say is that my sheath maker and best friend really outdid himself with making my new sheath!! It is just beautiful and the knife fits soo perfect inside the sheath.
Bob does Incredible work and this is my 2nd sheath from him. He's been making sheaths for 30 plus years now. Right now Bob is working on and making me another new sheath for my handmade First Blood movie knife. I cannot wait til he is done with it either. It is going to be just beautiful.
After that sheath will come one for my handmade Rambo 3 style knife. Bob is also the host and Chairman that oversees setting up for the knife shows that come to our city and state. He is also president of our Badger Knife Club.
Need a high quality handmade custom leather sheath for your knife, and one that's unmatched by anybody? Contact Robert "Bob" Schrap! You will Not be disappointed!!

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back