Lile Rambo First Blood Knife

Is there a button compass in the pommel cap?
Will you be including the relevant survival kit items, too?

Hi
Yes there is a compass in the cap. At the moment its the same later type as used in the Lile Mission knife, but Im in the process of sorting out an accurate brass compass.

Yep, as with my other rambo knives, it will have the same stuff as the movie knife. :)

Hey Raven,

I think I need to take that knife off you, it looks so bad...;) I'll pm you my address so you can send it straight over!! ha ha

Seriously though, great knife!!!!

GeordieIndy

Hey Raven,

I think I need to take that knife off you, it looks so bad...;) I'll pm you my address so you can send it straight over!! ha ha

Seriously though, great knife!!!!

GeordieIndy

Hi buddy. Not even Rambo himself, would be able to prize it from my dead fingers! LOL

:cool

Hi
Yes there is a compass in the cap. At the moment its the same later type as used in the Lile Mission knife, but Im in the process of sorting out an accurate brass compass.

Yep, as with my other rambo knives, it will have the same stuff as the movie knife. :)

Cool!!

You MUST post photos when it's all sorted!! :D

Like I said over on SZ, beautiful knife mate - when you get tired of it, just send it my way for safe keeping. ;)

I knew it! D'oh!

On a serious note, does the new knife have a hollow pommel or is it solid? I know it is a more substantial and accurate knife overall, but I'm really interested in the specifics.

I know you have handled original LILE knives too - how does your new purchase compare to those?

The pommel does indeed have a compass, and the handle is hollow...

Without sounding biased, the Matton feels just as good as a Lile. I have been told that the screen accurate D2 steel blade, will substand years of abuse. The hi grade leather sheath is very thick too.

I dont regret spending what I did on the knife. It is cheaper than a next generation Lile, and much cheaper than paying £30.000 for an original FB Lile.

I feel like a boy with a new toy at the moment.

Last edited:
Finally, here's my Britt "Black Starr Knives" FB knife, with Savage sheath....just missing some small pieces to end the display :)

attachment.php

Cool, no ?

Last edited:
Well I just lucked out and landed an Extremely Awesome Steve Voorhis Jimmy Lile pattern Rambo The Mission knife! It is awesome, made with 5160 spring steel. The blade on it is about 10 3/4 inches. When I received it, the para cord wrapped on the handle was a **** poor job. It wasn't even para cord. I took that mess off and got out my 550LB para cord, Besert Storm Tan color, went and got some sand paper and adhesives, and I roughed the steel handle up a little bit, rewrapped it, and man, it is now one gorgeous knife!! I got an awesome deal on it. The person that was selling it had originally paid $680 for the knife. He sold it to me for $424! Next I will have a brand new sheath made for it. It came with a sheath but I want a new one. Also, I am not fond of the mirror gloss finish on the blade so I will either remove that in time and replace it with Bluing, or take it to a guy I know and have ot coated and done up just like the Rambo Mission movie knife! By the time I am done with it, it is going to look like a whole different knife! I love it. Voorhis isn't making too many more knives these days, as I was told. When he retires, or quits making knives alltogether, the ones he has made are going to skyrocket in value! I almost bought a Black Starr First Blood tribute knife, but I was told that Voorhis actually Worked with Jimmy Lile for a time period and that buying one of his Rambo knives is just like buying a Lile one! Not sure if that is true or not but I heard it was. Anyway, I will Love and Enjoy my awesome Steve Voorhis (stamped SV) Rambo Missions knife!

I just took my Voorhis First Blood handmade style knife, patterned after the Lile Rambo knife, and had it bead blasted. I also took my ACK one as well and had it bead Blasted too! Man they look awesome too! Now, I just found out some interesting news; It seems that Steve Voorhis and Jimmy Lile were friends, and back when Lile was still alive, he had gotten together with Voorhis and had taught him how to make his belived First Blood and Rambo Missions knives. The Voorhis one I have, he had made it about 20 years ago. It still looked Immaculate when i got it, and now it looks even Better than it did. I was also told that back then when this knife was made, which Voorhis was working with Lile, his early knives like the one I just got here were all made with much better quality and more precise than the ones he makes today. Not sure how true that is, but all I know is my awesome Voorhis Rambo knife, which to me is reallycross between a Sly 2 and a Rambo Missions knife, is nice and heavy and built SOLID!! I love it! My gues is that, just like Jimmy Lile, when Voorhis quits making knives or if something happens to him, his knives, especially the rare ones with his SV maker mark stamp (I heard that the knives he thought he made with much higher quality, he marks them with his SV initials and all others which he feels have normal quality, he marks with his last name, Voorhis, on them. Again, not sure how true this is). Anyway, if something ever happens to him, just like Lile's knives did, Steve Voorhis knives, esp his Rambo knives, are going to skyrocket in prices! Bottom line is that getting a solid highest quality handmade Rambo knife like my new Voorhis one, is a lifelong dream come true. Also, getting the ACK survival knives that I have been blessed with is also a dream come true! I just cannot believe that I finally got my dream knives! I have been very richly Blessed lately!!

Get yourself a high quality handmade Steve Voorhis First Blood/ Rambo style knife. They are big, brawny, and beefy, and believe me, the very minute you hold one of his in your hands, you Know you are holding a Superb knife. I bought one that Steve made 20 plus years ago and that darn knife is still in MINT condition. It is a Voorhis-Lile collaboration Rambo knife, meaning that it is one of the very rare ones that Voorhis and the late great Original First Blood knife maker, Jimmy Lile, worked together on to create. Voorhis wanted his friend Mr. Lile to teach him how to make his beloved Rambo knives and so Mr. Lile showed him via making the one I now own. Owning it is just like owning a Lile original. It has the characteristics of the First Blood knife (Serrations), Rambo 2 knife (serrations and blade length), and the Lile Sly II (handle guard). It is just one badass knife and is razor smacking sharp!!

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back