Korbanth 38" Super Star Destroyer model

What sort of skill level would you think is nessesary to complete this model?. I'm new to everything here but am very interested in purchasing and constructing one eventually (immediate purchase with extremely long-term construction).

Obviously patience and an eye for detail is very important to be able to concentrate on the finer points on adding the internal lights.

if you dont require it to light up, then assembly is very easy. I can build one of my kits in 1 day's time, and I am not rushing it either. Now, if you want to try to light it up, I was told these can take 40-50 hours of time, so a month or more, with lots of patience to drill holes everywhere and feed fiber optic wire through. The hulls fit together so that the inside area is hollow, so all your wires will fit in there. I have a website tutorial showing how Lee Fury lit up one...I dont have the skills as do most people do not either, so it takes someone with electronic know how and lots of patience to make it work right, but even a non lit SSD model is very impressive, so I think only a small handful of people have ever lit their SSD model...

if you send me an email at korbanth47@gmail.com - I can email you the pictorial assembly manual showing how it all goes together...

just finished redesigning half of the buildings on the SSD model, so its sorta version 2.0 - for those who want a model for your collection, I still have these..

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back