James Gunn and Peter Safran Are the New Co-CEOs of DC Studios

I can tell you with confidence that the layoffs, at least in regards to WBD and Disney, are a numbers game. They may get a few of the bad apples in the process, but it's salary numbers on a spreadsheet.

Everyone is laying people off. That doesn't mean anything. They are firing some of the worst people they had, like Victoria Alonso, but the people who need to go are the ones at the top that are making all of the bad decisions, people like Kevin Feige. All the toxic stuff is at the top and they're not going to let go without a fight. Eventually, the shareholders will get involved, but it's going to be a very long time until things get fixed.
That's no exaggeration. If anyone wants to appreciate the gravity of the situation just look up YouTube reactions (specifically from Midnight's Edge) to the recent Disney shareholders meeting this week where Bob Iger got ambushed by several direct questions from shareholders for which he was unprepared to address. His off-the-cuff responses gave away more info than they wanted. The man is a lost cause with his head buried deep in the sand.

That's no exaggeration. If anyone wants to appreciate the gravity of the situation just look up YouTube reactions (specifically from Midnight's Edge) to the recent Disney shareholders meeting this week where Bob Iger got ambushed by several direct questions from shareholders for which he was unprepared to address. His off-the-cuff responses gave away more info than they wanted. The man is a lost cause with his head buried deep in the sand.

I don't know. There's something to be said for the level of ^$%(ed up-ed-ness of what you have to work with. I've been handed a project at work that was previously done by someone who left in November. It's complete garbage. I keep getting asked by my boss how long it's going to take to fix and every answer i give is wrong because it's just the black hole that keeps on sucking....every time i turn around i find another mess that I didn't account for. At this point I know I should just expect it, and I do, but when i find such terrible stuff i'm still stunned.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back