Iron Man 3

Yes, people love to jump to conclusions and do zero fact checking. It's left to morons like myself to fruitlessly bash our faces against our desks in attempts to quell rumors.

I really didnt like the movie mainly because of the mandarin ...
Also because in iron man comics, every armors has a little story on why he creates it ..
On when and why he uses it ...
In the movie they were only fighting ...Like any ordinary armor
Also hey were lots of little mistakes .... like the mk7 that juat reappeared after being destructed

I didn't hate the movie but wonder where was SHIELD. I can understand that it is was AIM vs Stark Industries up to the Air Force incident then SHIELD should have been all over the place. Guess Phil, the one good eye, was busy playing dead.
The war machine to iron patriot up grade. Really cool to see that for a brief moment IP was a bad guy just minus Norman. But the up grade itself didn't the Air Force learn in IM2 stop giving Stark suits to the lowest bidder. Plus, What happened to Pepper's lawsuit against the US government to regain control of the MK2?

I hated the movie. I am in awe that I did not hear one AC/DC and Sabbath references. Watching Tony bantering a kid was a waste of film. ...and watching Tony and Rhodes running and gunning without suits and only handguns. Is this really all there is left in the tank!?

Ive seen people blame the director.

The film was just a continuous array of teases and let downs.

I do realize that Tony has matured and chose a normal life over the super hero life. But dang it, I miss the bada$$atude and the abundance of ACDC. Also, they could have easly had Stark find a way to balance his personal and hero life.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
Saw it last week....was extremely excited for it to finally come out....left sad. :cry

I'll probably watch it again, but man I don't know...

This is my issue with IM3. We have superhero movie that to me greatly diminishes what it is to be a superhero, or more specifically Ironman. For me part of the appeal of any superhero is that you don't just like them, you want to be them. (This should make a lot of sense on a prop and costuming site.)
When Tony first takes flight in the MK2 or when he blows up the tank after taking an artillery shell to the face, all I could think was "I want to be that guy."
In IM3 when Tony is running for his life from the extremis soldiers because they are literally karate chopping his suits in half, or when his latest and greatest MK42 is constantly falling apart and in need of a "recharge" from a car battery, all I thought was "I don't want to be that guy."
Simply put, they made Ironman a lot less awesome for me.

It may be going against the comics but I thought they should have made it where Iron man is Tony and Tony alone....Tony has the miniature Arc reactor, you need the reactor to power the suit, no one else in the world can figure out how to make a miniature reactor, therefore only Tony can use any of the suits. That's just my opinion.

With all these robot suits, and suits that your girlfriend and the guy down the street can use, what's the point of Tony at all?

I agree with the last page of posts......serious let-down. Superhero movies should be FUN.......not meandering around, making you wonder when the hell you're ever going to see any real Iron Man action.

I always hated the Mandarin, but ironically I was disappointed that they didn't use him. I went in wondering how they were going to handle him, and left disappointed that they DIDN'T.

Kids in action/superhero movies? Major peeve. Why weigh it down even more? And Avengers- an ensemble movie- had more Iron Man. Again, ironically they had the most suits, but least Iron Man. Go figure.

I typed a huge reply to this thread after seeing the movie a couple weeks ago- the software issues deleted my post. Probably for the best.lol

I just saw this film earlier today. I've got to admit this was better than the first two parts.

Someone here said that this film puts a sequel to the Avengers in a corner. After seeing this film and knowing my comic lore, honestly, I'd be okay with Tony Stark not being in another Avengers film. People have to realize that the members of the Avengers have changed over the years (Tony Stark may have been a founder, according to the comics, there have been members to come and go, which includes Tony who eventually withdrew from the group in the comics).

You don't have to agree with my opinion, but that's that's why I'm sticking with.

BTW, when I saw the "Igor" suit, I instantly thought of the Hulkbuster suit (I'm surprised that the Hulkbuster wasn't included, unless Igor is meant to be it).

Last edited:
I just saw the movie on Sunday and had to say it was much better than I thought. Some of the twists and turns were pretty well done. I personally think that was the end of the IM trilogy. RDJ is ready to move on and thus the See Tony Stark Returning....at the end of the movie...just to reassure people that this may be the The End but it is not The End for IM!

My only question on consistency is when Rhodey ask Tony Stark about giving him a suit Stark responded that the suits were only cued to him and no one else. Well how in the heck did Pepper get to wear the MK42 in the house attack and the IM arm at the end when she destroyed Guy Pearces character?

Tony was able to control the mk42 with the microcomputers he implanted, and "pushed" the suit onto her. Also, he clearly coded the suits for Rhodey (mk2, WM, IP) so it wouldn't be surprising to know he coded them for Pepper too.

Ive been looking forward to this movie like no ones business, but after seeing it and thinking it over a bit, i guess i can say i feel pretty disappointed. The way they portrayed The Mandarin as a super scary terrorist in the trailers, making us all exited for a super super cool IM villan, and then we get Trevor; there was pretty much no war machine in the whole movie so it seemed like a waste of His Awesomeness; and the fact that all of Tonys special suits really didnt do anything in the movie that they were supposed to (Silver Centurion, "Enhanced-Energy Suit", didnt really do anything except fly around, Heartbreaker, "Artillery Level RT suit", just picked up Rhodey, Shotgun, "Hypervelocity Suit", didnt even fly too much in the first place.) The action and directing was pretty good but i just couldnt help get let down by this

Weakest of the three for me.
Kid (too witty to be a real kid) sidekick was annyoing as hell and gave a hey this movie is for kids vibe the others
didn't have. I don't think having PTSD should have been used basically as a comedy gag either, just didn't strike me as funny.
It was OK but the first film stands far above this.
What a waste of Kingsly too, he truly did create a frightening persona there for a while, not so much for the actual villian who was basically
a recycled 80's style villian (think Karate Kid film's vilians there).

Give it a C, basically dragging the suit over the finish line.
Interesting the end credits were seventies style TV show montage.
I thought while I was watching it that it was coming off as a made for TV effort.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back