Iron Man 3

So back on topic more so. ;)
Anyone that has seen this already, how would you rate it compared to the first 2? Is it up to the hype? It's killing me I have another 2 weeks to go. :wacko

It will be interesting to see exactly how the Chinese release version differs and what they added for them, but all in due time I guess.
I don't think this is a spoiler, so read on at your own peril, but there is a scene at the beginning that introduces an asian character, never to return again throughout the film. I haven't read an Iron Man comic since I was a teenager so I don't know what significance the character has if at all, but it's clearly there setting up something for the chinese version. *shrugs*

It's an odd film. It's kinda jarring though. It zags when you think it's gonna zig and it's frenetic at times. The suits at the end don't get nearly enough screen time as I would have liked, but you get that.

Just waiting to see it again. Starts in half hour. Maybe ill pick up more after knowing all the surprises.

So back on topic more so. ;)
Anyone that has seen this already, how would you rate it compared to the first 2? Is it up to the hype? It's killing me I have another 2 weeks to go. :wacko

Its better then 2. In my opinion not as good as 1 story wise. To be fair completely different film. The ending is more impressive.
J
Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
I think it's as good as the first. Much better than the second film. Not to give anything away, but I LOVED the scene where
Tony goes to Mandarin's house in Miami :lol

Last edited:
I think it's as good as the first. Much better than the second film. Spoiler here :lol

Hah. If you want to discuss it theres a post release forum where spoilers are allowed. Spoiler here.
Not that I personally mind. Watched it for the third time this morning.
J

Last edited:
Gotta say, having now found out what the twist is...I'm more than a little peeved. Sigh, but I'm still a sucker and can't resist seeing how it plays out on film.

Hah. If you want to discuss it theres a post release forum where spoilers are allowed. Not that its a major spoiler but your post gives away where he lives. When most of the film your expecting him to be somewhere else.
Not that I personally mind. Watched it for the third time this morning.
J

I gotta say I didn't click on the spoiler tag because I didn't want to read spoilers. I'm old enough to know not to click on the "spoiler" tag. Then I read the next post blasting the guy for spoilers, WITH THEBSPOILERS IN IT....REALLY

It wasn't in a spoiler tag when it was quoted... So not his fault. But agreed, let's keep all spoilers (obvious or not) out of this thread. Discussion of the film belongs in the post-release thread

I gotta say I didn't click on the spoiler tag because I didn't want to read spoilers. I'm old enough to know not to click on the "spoiler" tag. Then I read the next post blasting the guy for spoilers, WITH THEBSPOILERS IN IT....REALLY

Like kevin said. But edited now. Sorry. And I wasnt blasting. I was simply trying to stick to the rules.

J

Finally got to see it this afternoon. I gotta say, I really enjoyed it. As mentioned before here, the movie does seem much better than the second one so a lot of you guys and girls who haven't seen it yet should get a real kick out of it.

Great great action in Iron Man 3. Story wise, not as good as Iron Man 1 but better than 2.
Terribly disappointed in how the storyline played out in Iron Man 3 though. With all the trailers/posters/teasers that we got, it's something you wouldn't expect so keep an open mind to those that haven't seen it yet. It's a fun movie to watch but it feels like they rushed it in order to milk the cash cow after the success of Avengers :(

If you've read the comic that the majority of this movie is based on, it throws you a bit of a curve.
I would have preferred the way things go for Ironman in the comic book, the self contained suit is way better, than what happens in the film.

Marvel are keeping this fresh and not just repeating on tried and tested methods. Nice direction from Shane Black, great story full of humour, action and all round a fantastic film.
Having gone in to see the film with no prior spoilers and only the very first Iron Man 3 trailer to go on I really appreciated the film.

If Robert Downey Jr decides to hang up his Iron suit, I SERIOUSLY hope Marvel don't try to recast the character and just let Iron Man bow out with grace, Robert you own Tony/Iron Man if you decided to call it day, I'll be disappointed but understanding, but know this, NO-ONE can replace you as Tony/Iron Man, thank you for bringing your A game to the role.

For me this is the film of the year, forget all those horrible remakes, I'm looking at you Star Trek and Man of Steel.

Suit up for another Iron Man adventure and I'm sure you will glad you went to see it.

Enjoy the film.

Dude. ****. Spoilers tags.

Incorrect.

Theoretically Incorrect. But in my eyes I agree... sort of. They can replace him. But I cant think of anyone better. Whats the deal with spoilers. Is it a spoiler if they tell you something thats NOT in the film? I try not to put anythin AT ALL in plot related tbh or it goes In post release.

J

Whats the deal with spoilers. Is it a spoiler if they tell you something thats NOT in the film?

Yes, because by saying "it is NOT like X, Y, or Z" then it's excluding possibilities. Having read Extremis and having seen the trailers, what youngpaddy1 said tells you kind of a lot.

- - - Updated - - -

Dude. ****. Spoilers tags.

Incorrect.
There were no spoilers in my post, besides if you're that worried, don't read anything to do with Iron Man 3 until you've seen the film, that way there is absolutely Zero chance of anything being spoiled for you.

When you get around to going, I genuinely hope you enjoy the film.

- - - Updated - - -

There were no spoilers in my post, besides if you're that worried, don't read anything to do with Iron Man 3 until you've seen the film, that way there is absolutely Zero chance of anything being spoiled for you.

When you get around to going, I genuinely hope you enjoy the film.

Im not sure that was ment for you lol. But people should be able to read without it being spoiled as thats what this thread is for. Or was. Theres a post release for all things iron man 3 after the film. While this is how it SHOULD work. I do stay away from threads about a film I dont want spoiled. Its just common sense as even though its the rules. The only person that loses out is the reader. You cant unspoil something lol. I was lucky as I saw this on the 18th. So no one posted anything about it before I saw it. I think the general rule is that if its been in the trailers or based on a previous story, then you should expect it to be talked about. But should use spoiler tags non the less.
J

Im not sure that was ment for you lol. But people should be able to read without it being spoiled as thats what this thread is for. [. . .] I think the general rule is that if its been in the trailers or based on a previous story, then you should expect it to be talked about. But should use spoiler tags non the less.

Yes, my comment was meant for him. And no, he wasn't discussing the comic, he was discussing what was different from the comic in the movie. No, he didn't say exactly what happens. But saying how something is different from the source does spoil things about the movie.

photo.jpg

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back