Iron Man 3

^ Not really, the Mk47 gold is just too much.

For the threequel supposedly being darker than its predecessors, they sure picked blingy colors for the new IM and WM suits!

25388276.jpg

I wonder if it's somewhat inspired by the Dark Reign storyline from the Marvel comics a few years ago? Iron Patriot could be like Norman Osborn was in that storyline - in a place of power over S.H.I.E.L.D. & somehow disgracing Tony Stark. Kinda sounds similar to the Dark Knight Rises basic rundown - hero brought low - villain in power ; watch the chemical reaction.

Everything I've heard, including direct quotes from the director/writer/other people involved on the creative team, say they're loosely adapting it from Extremis. And that's corroborated by people being cast for roles directly named after character in the Extremis arc.

As far as "Iron Patriot", the Norman Osborn character is currently in the hands of Sony with the rest of the Spiderman pantheon. I don't think there's been any confirmed information about what role that armor is going to play in the movie.

Has it even been confirmed that it's the replacement for the War Machine armor?

Has it even been confirmed that it's the replacement for the War Machine armor?

Not confirmed but all the promo art indicates that this is indeed the new WM. Guess we'll know for sure on Tuesday when the first teaser comes out maybe? Depends if they show Rhodey in there suited up or not.

We all know it can't be the comic Iron Patriot given the movie rights situation.

i got the next best thing

text!

We begin in Stark's lab. He's talking to "dummy" and his suits of armor, telling them he's about to introduce them to their badass baby brother. He asks Dummy to play some seasonal music and he turns on a techno version of Jingle Bells. Stark stands, posing and flexing. Suddenly a piece of armor shoots across the room. One by one, his armor form, flying at him as he wills it to. One hits his crotch, through, and he doubles over. Another slams into his back and he falls, but jet-propels himself back up.

The last piece is the faceplate and, as it comes at him, he flips, propeling himself off the crowd with one hand upside down while the mask comes on

This scene

Maybe they wanted it for Halloween but wanted to do a Headless-Iron-Man ; cloak your head & just hold the helmet at your waist?

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back