Imperial Armor/Dan Laws

Wow, these complaints bring me back to the Matt "TrooperExpert" Gauthier days. Months and years waiting for orders.

Dan didn't let people down from what I know, unlike TE. The waiting time is very long, and communication could be better, but you will get your stuff, and you will simply love it.

Do people pay in full up front or do you order and then pay when it's ready to ship? If payed upfront and waiting years for delivery I think it's disgusting no matter how good the product. To hold somebody's money for that long is just plain rude.Deposits to hold your place,yes, but not full pay for something you know you cannot deliver for years ahead.I know the guy makes awesome stuff but come on guys.Does he tell people about the long wait before he takes the money?If so I guess it's your own choice.if it was me personally I'd just make a list and take money when the stuff is ready. Any other way is just a recipe for disaster and insincere.

Ben

There were times when I paid upfront in full and when I only paid a deposit. He told me at the beginning about 1 year or even 1 year and a half waiting time.

I was told to wait 2-3 months, but i knew from past orders that its taking much longer time....but honestly i didnt expect that long waiting time.

Just got a notice from Dan that my order will be finished this week :)

Last edited:
If anyone is interested Dan is currently selling one of his Snowtrooper commanders on ebay. Complete and finished. It isn't cheap but if it saves you 2 years of waiting it's worth it in my opinion.

$_57.JPG

I wonder if there's people waiting in line and already paid for one of these. I won't mention names but that's a trick a few people have used in the past. Even though they've had people waiting and payed for years they still find the time to make one and sell on evilbay for instant cash.

Ben

I got my AT AT driver helmet and armor around a week and a half ago. It was around a year and a half wait, which is what I expected. I've actually had pretty decent communication with him.

Last edited:
I got my AT AT driver helmet and armor around a week and a half ago. It was around a year and a half wait, which is what I expected. I've actually had pretty decent communication with him.

Lucky you. I am coming up on three years and still don't have most of my stuff.

I have also waited 3 years for stuff to come through, but before Christmas I got the first part of my 3 costume order. I've just been contacted by Dan to the the second part of the order is ready to ship soon.

I know people get angry with the long wait times/lack of communication, but when he's ready, the communication is great- I've had various email conversations and he is one of the nicest guys you'll ever come across, he's also been very generous with some of the deals we made.

I'm not sure how he operates with his business, but if he could sort out customer service, we'd all be wearing DL stuff!

One thing is certain, when you see a DL prop in the flesh, you are looking at something very special. Quality and build are outstanding.

If you don't like long waits and lack of communication, I'd look somewhere else, but if you don't mind, you'll eventually have something very special.

I have also waited 3 years for stuff to come through, but before Christmas I got the first part of my 3 costume order. I've just been contacted by Dan to the the second part of the order is ready to ship soon.

I know people get angry with the long wait times/lack of communication, but when he's ready, the communication is great- I've had various email conversations and he is one of the nicest guys you'll ever come across, he's also been very generous with some of the deals we made.

I'm not sure how he operates with his business, but if he could sort out customer service, we'd all be wearing DL stuff!

One thing is certain, when you see a DL prop in the flesh, you are looking at something very special. Quality and build are outstanding.

If you don't like long waits and lack of communication, I'd look somewhere else, but if you don't mind, you'll eventually have something very special.

Ditto. When I finally got my Snowtrooper it was worth the wait and my Tie and AtAt will be the same. Frustrating yes, worth it, yes.

So people are getting armour after 1 1/2 year wait and I have heard nothing since 2011, that is not frustrating, that is appalling business practice. It is only worth the wait if the item actually arrives, which if people who ordered after me are getting their kit then it begins to look like my money is gone.
His customer service would appear to be non existent, at this time I think that I would have been better going with some one who actually communicates, but Dan has my money and has now had it for some time.

I looked at my email history and I guess it was more like a 2 1/2 year wait for it. For some reason it didn't seem that long to me. I hadn't heard anything from him for about 6 months and then out of the blue he emails me and says its just about done. Its well worth the wait. The AT AT Driver helmet/armor is a work of art. Its almost like I own the actual prop. I know its easy for me to say since I've got my item, but be patient with Dan. It'll be so worth it in the end.

Personally I think he should work on a deposit basis since he has issues divering on time. I own a set of Laws Tie armor but damn his delivery time is horrible.

I don't care how good the product or how worth the wait it was,anyone who takes full payment and delivers product 3 years later is a crook in my opinion.That leads me to my next question. Can anybody swing me a couple of grand at no interest. I'll pay you back in 3 years I promise. :rolleyes

Ben

I don't care how good the product or how worth the wait it was,anyone who takes full payment and delivers product 3 years later is a crook in my opinion.That leads me to my next question. Can anybody swing me a couple of grand at no interest. I'll pay you back in 3 years I promise. :rolleyes

Ben

True enough. Can't disagree.

I would definitely not do this again and considering he told me it would take six months, if I had know the truth I would not have done it.

Still it's been so long and he does eventually deliver I am looking forward to finally getting it,....if I ever do.

I tried numerous times to order a helmet from him but he never responded and the time people are having to wait for items without any communication is disgusting. Now with RSProps doing more than just Stormtroopers and Anovos' stuff on the horizon I see no need to ever bother with this guy.

I tried numerous times to order a helmet from him but he never responded and the time people are having to wait for items without any communication is disgusting. Now with RSProps doing more than just Stormtroopers and Anovos' stuff on the horizon I see no need to ever bother with this guy.

He does nice work, I don't own any of his items but I do know people who do and have seen many of his items in person. With that said, it seems more and more makers are popping up + licensed retailers like Anovos so I do hope the outrage at those type of business practices become a norm and either force changes to occur or run them out of business. I've waited 4-5 years for a couple of items, I've also lost thousands with "respectable" members who disappeared with the funds...so far its always been regarded as just part of the hobby, which is crazy to me. This isn't customed machined one of a kind parts, this is someone who's set up to make tons of them as they've been selling them for years and to many members. If Anovos pulls through, I have a feeling a lot more people may be jumping ship to that end rather then accepting potential 5 year wait times.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back