Imperial ration container

wisemonk5421

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Inspired by the post from the.rebel.agent and his travel biscuits. I wanted to make the container that they came in when first seen on screen.
With little reference and less than good lighting in the available reference I went into the design phase. Brightening up pictures and working on the design in CAD.
Imperial biscuit container closed.png
Imperial biscuit container open.png

After several renditions of the design I ran my test prints and fixed any issues. And I say that I am happy with the functionality of this piece. Everything works as intended. Including the slide arm, which oddly only has one on screen but it obviously has a slide rail on both sides. I can only assume that it blocked the shot of the travel biscuits.
350102993_199565846362300_5574873922779147786_n(1).jpg
349257180_681653150378289_3267913854271305252_n(1).jpg

All the hardware used to attach the parts are M3 screws and a chicago screw for the slide bolt.

I have found several versions of recipes used for the biscuits, from the official one, to several fan made ones.
There is also the option of the supposed "screenused biscuits" but from my research there is some conflicting information.
Some say they are a brand called Ocean Energy foods, a chinese company, but their flavors seem to be lacking.
One actor from the episode claims they were coconut flavored. So maybe there were custom but made to mimic the shape and style?
Another possible source would be a German company brought up in the other Travel biscuit thread.
In the end I think just for taste, cost, and the option to make red ones, I will be making my own.
Check out the.rebel.agents thread.

Well done. (y)
It's definitely beat up isn't it.
biscuit box.jpg

This is a listing of flavors from the Chinese brand that I found a while ago.
Maybe original flavor is coconut, some of the US Coast Guard survival bars are.

Chinese made biscuits 3.PNG

I see now that i need to alter the front panel. I assumed it mirrored the back. Thank you for the brighter reference.

Just finished assembly of my version 2 of this container. The tolerances are perfect and everything fits together with M3 by 5 screws. Total of 24 needed. Plus a Chicago Screw for the slider. This was a fun project and I loved working on functional mechanisms.
Version 1 on the right
348378386_207642328854551_2268839285327808383_n.jpg
350994523_219576894222956_5391393777999525044_n.jpg

Version 2 on the left

This is awesome! Any chance you’re willing to share (or sell) the model files somewhere, for others to print?

Well done. (y)
It's definitely beat up isn't it.
View attachment 1706115

This is a listing of flavors from the Chinese brand that I found a while ago.
Maybe original flavor is coconut, some of the US Coast Guard survival bars are.

View attachment 1706116
Does anybody found any evidences that they are real High Energy Bars? And if ... which company?

But to be honest, I am believing that these IMP biscuits are fake bars. If I am comparing the corners of the sublime pattern on the IMP biscuits, they have a 90 degree angle. The High Energy Bars have round corners...
images (1).jpeg

24-convar-chocochino-einzel_800x800px.png

* only an example for an High Energy Bar

Attachments

• images (1).jpeg
    images (1).jpeg
    14.2 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
This is awesome! Any chance you’re willing to share (or sell) the model files somewhere, for others to print?
I sell the files in my etsy store. There is a black friday weekend eeal right now. Just do a search for “imperial ration container stl”

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back