Imperial Army Uniforms / Andor Aldhani Heist

Jodo

Master Member
Does anyone have any leads or information on the Imperial Army uniforms, or at least a good base base for the tunic? I’ve been looking through some post WW2 wool tops, but wanted to see if anyone had better choices than what I’d found.

I’ve honestly not seen a lot about this uniform, but it’s by far my favorite Disney era OT costume design. The simplicity can’t be matched for such a good design.
581A0CE1-8821-4CED-8FCD-ED0F5B3FFD2E.jpeg

Does anyone have any leads or information on the Imperial Army uniforms, or at least a good base base for the tunic? I’ve been looking through some post WW2 wool tops, but wanted to see if anyone had better choices than what I’d found.

I’ve honestly not seen a lot about this uniform, but it’s by far my favorite Disney era OT costume design. The simplicity can’t be matched for such a good design.
View attachment 1707529
Though Imperial Army Troopers come from West End Games.

The tunic is a custom pattern. Imp Boots is making it, as well as Jim Tripon. There is a big thread on the Spec Ops forum about it in the crl development .

images (9).jpeg

The boots look like the German Knobelbecher boots.

Knobelbecher boots gained notoriety during World War II and were worn by German infantry.
They get their name from the indentation on the side of the boot at the ankle that looks like a leather dice cup.
The word "Knobelbecher" means dice cup because the boots developed the characteristic dimple when they were broken in.

The standard World War II version of the Knobel mug had a leather sole with studs and a horseshoe heel. Many variants existed during the war, especially when leather became scarce. Many were made with rubber midsoles instead of leather.

The German Army Knobelbecher boots are made of sturdy black leather and stand approximately 12 inches in height.

The East German version of the Knobelbecher was of very poor quality and style.

I am sorry that I uploaded the text in German. I corrected my failure
I could fortunately still pick my way through your post thanks to 2 years of German in high school! LOL

Looking at tunic options (and more importantly prices), I’m leaning more towards a M40 tunic and pants. I think most of the inaccurate details would be hidden by the chest armor. I’d just have to dye my cap to match the other soft parts. I’m not looking to join any costume groups, so I may go cheap for this costume.

These were the gloves used:

21AC2B11-46EB-440E-830F-9A42CA0017A5.jpeg

It's funny. My first exposure to Imperial Army Troopers was from DH 'Empire' comic. IATs, Imperial Amry Engineers and Lt. Sunber.
The Sunber comics were absolutely fantastic. That’s what really got me into collecting figures as a young adult!

The Imperial Army jacket / Andor Aldhani Heist reminds me on a mix of three different kind of military jackets...
1693824018643.png

The main body of the jacket with the four pockets at the hips and chest reminds me of the US Battle Dress Uniform (BDU) ... don't be surprised because of the colors, serve only as an examples:
1693823016408.png

The collar reminds me of the closed collar of the US Universal Camouflage Pattern (ACU) and/or the Operation Enduring Freedom Camouflage Pattern (OEF-CP) uniform jacket ...
1693823138526.png
1693823519224.png

The arm pockets remind me of the various Soviet / Russian uniform jackets ...
1693823919561.png

I think the uniform is completely customised but inspired by real used military uniforms.
What do you think?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back