I ROBOT Spooner ID and Badge

<div class='quotetop'>(jedipunk @ Sep 11 2006, 04:56 PM) [snapback]1317941[/snapback]</div>
The only thing that stands out to me on your replica ID, is that the text isn't justfied. It should all line up on the left. Other than that: WOW. Nice work.

Chris
[/b]

??

Below is a cap from the movie and the text isn't left justified either.

z47940PoliceIDd219.jpg

<div class='quotetop'>(jedipunk @ Sep 11 2006, 01:56 PM) [snapback]1317941[/snapback]</div>
The only thing that stands out to me on your replica ID, is that the text isn't justfied. It should all line up on the left. Other than that: WOW. Nice work.

Chris
[/b]

What surfergeek said. The text wasn't justified.

Huh - I can see that now. Well nevermind then - greatjob. :)

<div class='quotetop'>(Jmtwo @ Sep 11 2006, 04:16 PM) [snapback]1317964[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>(jedipunk @ Sep 11 2006, 01:56 PM) [snapback]1317941[/snapback]

Chris
[/b]

What surfergeek said. The text wasn't justified.
[/b][/quote]

Finally. A proper plaque.

irobotbad01ep9.jpg

I'm beginning to feel like I'm in a Stephen King story. Thinner.... thinnner... thinnnner.

With my newest light setup, I hope to knock each side of the case down to .3" thick. Thats beginning to approach the practical limit to just hold the badge and ID but will have lights to boot. It should look like a piece that could actually be used. I hope to iron out the last hurdles today, and hopefully have some new pics sometime this weekend.

It's been a long road, but I think the end is near. :thumbsup

<div class='quotetop'>(Jmtwo @ Sep 16 2006, 06:57 AM) [snapback]1321019[/snapback]</div>
Finally. A proper plaque.[/b]
That's a beauty, worthy of displaying your hard work.

Number 1/100. Does that mean what I hope it means? :love

WOW, this is fantastic work you should be very proud of yourself. You guys and gals on this list are true artist in every sense of the word. Keep us posted I love seeing these things from start to finish it gives me goose bumps.

Well, here is V3.0 of my Spooner badge. The pictures of the badge lit were actually taken under my full-spectrum work lamp.

v301zh1.jpg
v302xt3.jpg

v303em2.jpg
v304qx0.jpg

v305df6.jpg
v306qy1.jpg

V1.0 was 1.05" thick with asymetrical sides.
V2.0 was .946" thick and symetrical.
V3.0 is .796" thick.

The badge side is sealed with two 3mm LEDs. The ID side has 4 screws to allow for battery access. It uses a small pressure switch on the back to operate the LEDs. Other than my engraving being a little off on this badge, I'm pretty happy with this version. I was able to find a great vinyl material for the exterior and spine of the case. I think it is now thinner than the screen-used and has no protruding battery pack. :D

Just as a sidenote, here are some of the previous versions of the badge and ID card that I went through to get where I am at now.

badgeprotoyj6.jpg

AMAZING.... You have done what no one else has been able to do, actually finish a working model of this prop. And it looks, BEAUTIFUL... This really is perfect.

And ahh... you have a PM...

:)

Bryan

Thanks Guys. It has been a real headache, but also a great joy to get it this far. It has been one of my favorite props of all time, but who knew, one of the hardest. My hat is off to the propmaker that dreamed this one up. I only hope I have done it some justice.

For all that have expressed interest here ya go: http://www.therpf.com/index.php?showtopic=117119

Jmtwo, this piece is GLORIOUS. It turned out even better than I hoped it would. Amazing work. AMAZING. My mouth is a-gape.

:eek :eek :eek :eek :eek

Very, very impressive.

I'm curious as to how you did the iridescent strip and microchip — is that silkscreened on?

-Mike

<div class='quotetop'>(Sith Sheriff Brody @ Sep 20 2006, 06:02 PM) [snapback]1323606[/snapback]</div>
Very, very impressive.

I'm curious as to how you did the iridescent strip and microchip — is that silkscreened on?

-Mike
[/b]

Thanks.

Holographic ribbon, laser engraved with the pattern. Transparent chip placed over the top.

Hopes have been so high that someone would be able to pull this off... and you did it, man. BRAVO. Truly beautiful work. Thank you for sharing your progress with us. I very much enjoyed seeing the shot of the various previous incarnations that brought you to V3. Great work.. :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup

{EDIT} PM sent. :D

Jmtwo, I just PM'd ya. I'm in for one set. Man I love the lights, the plaque, everything...

Wondered too if my earlier purchased Spooner Card would fit in there too, or could be custom made to fit it?

My card is 2-1/4" wide by 3-11/16" tall.
i_robot_idfront.jpg

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back