I ROBOT Spooner ID and Badge

I've already got the ID card covered. The wallet I'm certain that I can do. I even know how it was lit up and reletively easy to do. The badge is holding up this entire project. If I can get someone to sculpt it accurately, I even know the correct resin to cast this up in and I even have someone ready to make copies using a pressure pot. I just need a master of the badge and this project will pretty much come to full succession. At this point, I don't even have enough enthusiasm to to go forward with this project until I can get someone to sculpt the badge...I even posted in the JY for someone who can do the job. I'm certain once it's done (if ever) the rest of the project will be downhill.

AWESOME..

can't wait for that badge.

my searches on threads for Spooner ID's are only coming up with the recent stuff. I read that there are already images/parts for the ID card. where can I find the old thread, and does anyone have a tutorial on what exactly to do (like what is the order of the layers, found items, etc)

thanks..

You can see how the opening for the A in Chicago was suppossed tp have the the center there. If someone would cast the badge in brass I think you would have a winner. Maybe even cold cast

IMG_0328.jpg

Originally posted by Deric@Mar 21 2006, 12:23 AM
You can see how the opening for the A in Chicago was suppossed tp have the the center there.  If someone would cast the badge in brass I think you would have a winner.  Maybe even cold cast

If it were to be cast in brass, you would not be able to light it up ;)

Originally posted by Hellclaw 01+Mar 31 2006, 06:49 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Hellclaw 01 @ Mar 31 2006, 06:49 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Deric
@Mar 21 2006, 12:23 AM
You can see how the opening for the A in Chicago was suppossed tp have the the center there.  If someone would cast the badge in brass I think you would have a winner.  Maybe even cold cast

[snapback]1216748[/snapback]​
[/b]

to me it looks like the brass colored parts are separate from the clear parts. I get that feeling from the tabs that hold together the holes in the letters and the points of the star. I think that's what Hellclaw meant.

Brass would be awesome, but I suppose that resin is easier and cheaper...and who doesn't like cheap and easy :p

Originally posted by muttley@Mar 31 2006, 10:15 AM
...and who doesn't like cheap and easy  :p
[snapback]1216826[/snapback]​

That philosophy got me into a lot of trouble in High School.

I'd also be interested in seeing how this comes out. Frank's done some amazing work with his Viper models, so I have no doubt that he can pull this off.

Originally posted by Hellclaw 01@Mar 31 2006, 06:49 AM
[snapback]1216748[/snapback]​

Can photoetched brass be employed on a dimensional object like this?

Obviously the letterforms are punched out... the glow is behind the milky white part, which you see thru the holes in the brass.

- k

A friendly bump to see where this project stands.

Would love to see a fully-finished, lighted badge-ID-wallet combo made available. :love

This is good news. :D

Are these castings in clear resin? From a screen-used badge?

I don't know how I can help, but am ready to assist if something comes up.

Please keep us informed. :thumbsup

any ideas for materials on the actual wallet? from the pics it looks like the wallet may be something like foam core wrapped in leather or plastic. the edges in some shots look pretty rough and you can see the exposed edges.

I circled what I mean.

also does anyone have the logo for the center? if they are cast in clear that is gonna have to be a clear sticker or something to look right.

I met a guy at the last con in Dallas that said he could cast his screen used badge in clear.

<div class='quotetop'>(muttley @ May 23 2006, 02:08 AM) [snapback]1248689[/snapback]</div>
from the pics it looks like the wallet may be something like foam core wrapped in leather or plastic. the edges in some shots look pretty rough and you can see the exposed edges.[/b]
Yeah, you're right about that. It sure looks like foam.

<div class='quotetop'>(muttley @ May 23 2006, 02:08 AM) [snapback]1248689[/snapback]</div>
also does anyone have the logo for the center? [/b]
Check out Post #11 of this thread. There's a link to replica of the Chicago PD logo from the film.

<div class='quotetop'>(temponaut @ May 22 2006, 12:12 PM) [snapback]1248694[/snapback]</div>
Check out Post #11 of this thread. There's a link to replica of the Chicago PD logo from the film.
[/b]

cool. it's very close, but they are not exactly the same from the ID card to the badge center. I think the graphic in the center with the building is the same, but does anyone have an idea what the words say around the center of the badge?

I could give it a go in photoshop if we knew what it said. maybe an established date?

neil

<div class='quotetop'>(muttley @ May 23 2006, 02:20 AM) [snapback]1248698[/snapback]</div>
does anyone have an idea what the words say around the center of the badge?

I could give it a go in photoshop if we knew what it said. maybe an established date? [/b]

IMG_0328.jpg

Dude, check out the whole thread from the beginning. Lots of juicy information ready, willing, and waiting. :love

i could contribute to this project by offereing the centergraphic on clear sheet. I have it as a .AI file. All i would ask is that myself and my buddy SithSheriff Brody both get either a kit of the wallet or finished ones.

here's a pic of a replica gun and badge i did with one of the printed graphics:
rylos-gun.jpg

Marc

<div class='quotetop'>(temponaut @ May 22 2006, 12:31 PM) [snapback]1248704[/snapback]</div>
Dude, check out the whole thread from the beginning. Lots of juicy information ready, willing, and waiting. :love
[/b]

dangit...I though I dredged over all the pics in thread. :unsure

I had good intentions. man, what is it about the center of that pic and the center of the screencap that look different? Even just that pic looks like something is off.

Hey LeMarchand, where is that badge from? If it is from I movie looks like I gotta another prop I need to track down.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back