Hasbro Hero Series Millennium Falcon newbie Help..

Have most of my supplies in hand and just went to give the falcon an acetone wash. I am using a old t shirt but it evaporates so quickly it does not seem to really get on the model?
Should I use a big brush and apply it liberally then wipe it away with the shirt? How do I get in the deep nooks & crannies?

Thanks for any pointers.

Tried to look online but apparently this is used for something much much different.....!

I told you,....you don't need to do anything like this,....you're wasting your time, money & health

Adhesion Aid,...bumper spray,....primer.....paint

J

J -

Ok. Thanks for that.
I was just gong through various notes I wrote down and I guess I have read by others that it needed a acetone wash before the adhesion spray.
This is my first time so I guess I was/am just trying to make sure I do it right and I have so many notes.......

I'll follow your advice and do what you suggest.......Adhesion Aid,...bumper spray,....primer.....paint

Thanks,
Datfly

I told you,....you don't need to do anything like this,....you're wasting your time, money & health

Adhesion Aid,...bumper spray,....primer.....paint

J

J -

Ok. Thanks for that.
I was just gong through various notes I wrote down and I guess I have read by others that it needed a acetone wash before the adhesion spray.
This is my first time so I guess I was/am just trying to make sure I do it right and I have so many notes.......

I'll follow your advice and do what you suggest.......Adhesion Aid,...bumper spray,....primer.....paint

Thanks,
Datfly

I washed mine in soapy water, in the bath, then let it dry out for a few days and sprayed on the adhesion aid. Washing it was probably unnecessary, and I imagine acetone being even more unnecessary

I had notes about washing it in soapy water & lightly scrubbing it with a pad as well but no one alse mentioned it so I passed but I know several people
mentioned acetone wash so again I was just making sure I covered the bases.
I wiped the bottom with the acetone & a shirt then made this thread to ask so the bottom has light wash and the top nothing. I have just sprayed the adhesion spray and
it is now setting waiting for the primer.

I have seen several people paint it black first then gray.

Thanks for the help.

Datfly

I washed mine in soapy water, in the bath, then let it dry out for a few days and sprayed on the adhesion aid. Washing it was probably unnecessary, and I imagine acetone being even more unnecessary

Couple more question if anyone can help.

Once primed how long until I can spray paint it with the Tamiya.
Once spray painted with Tamiya how long until I can start weathering it?

thanks,
Datfly

I used black rustoleum primer with no prepping other than a quick wash with windex paper towels and a water rinse. no magic to that one and my primer held without any issue.

Just sayin'

Jedi Dade

I used black rustoleum primer with no prepping other than a quick wash with windex paper towels and a water rinse. no magic to that one and my primer held without any issue.

Just sayin'

Jedi Dade
You forgot the magic incantation you had to say first... ;^P

Basically, experiment with whatever method until you know it works (or not...) using the inside as a test surface. That is the best advice for just about anything!

Just joking, JD... in case I wasn't clear. These days seem to hold a lot of bear traps for the unwary with the chemistry involved - like the 'exploding' AT-ST's from Bandai, for one.

Regards, Robert

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back