Replacement Parts for the Hasbro Black Series T-47 (Snow Speeder)

spudkopf

G'day

Seeing that the excellent 3D work for the Hasbro Black Series T-47 from TazMan2000 is currently unavailable I have decided to make design my own 3D models.

As I'm only interested in replacing replacing the rear part of the front cannon housing and planning to reuse the rest of the cannon except for the hollowed out tube sectection, which is intended to be replaced with some 12.7mm (1/2in) tube.

So I have created 3 different versions of the ring detail:

The first is a basic replacement modelled on the detail elements that Hasbro settled on.

The second is based on the waffle design seen on the speeder that was doing the rounds with the Star Wars exhibit in Sydney Australia 2020.

The third is based on images that purport to be Luke's hero model, it's hard to tell from the photo's available, but it kind of looks like tank track was used on this one, so I have recreated a stylised / best guese version working on that assumption.

t47 FIX.jpg

t47 FIX 2.jpg

I have also included the locating pin, however this can easily be deleted from the model. Now I just need to find a 3D printer to make some test.

Cheers

Based on the pics I have of the studio models from multiple books, the waffle pattern looks the closest. Tank treads are a good guess as to what was really used.

Next up, a way to fix those crazy deep fillets on the speeders underside:

I have started with the rear most panels, which due to the numerous compound angles may need to be eventually split the following into two separate parts.

I have recreated the panel lines and rivet/fastener details employed on the original onto this filler. Not sure how the zero point of the triangle will print so may have to modify this after tests.

Will start work on the remaining panel segment(s) soon, however the compounds up front even tricker and will need to ponder that for a bit.

t47 FIX under 1.jpg

Also I have taken the plunge and purchased a ELEGOO Neptune 4 Plus FDM 3D Printer, so hopefully I will be able to test it out with this stuff soon.

Any hints in regarding how to get the best results for the above materials, settings, etc will be much appreciated as this is my first printer.

Cheers

Slightly off topic but I just finished the Kenobi series. I noticed that even though two people don’t really go in the regular snowspeeder, they could fit four people with slight modification and clever camera angles.

Well had a few dead end attempts and decided to scrap several different approaches that were going nowhere.

Ended up redoing the leading edge fills (grey stuff) and think I have finally nutted it out, still need to confirm the undersides but that can be tweaked on the fly. I have only modelled the one side, but I mirrored it in photoshop just to see how it looks.

Tweaked the lower portions (blue bits) to make it easier to cut it into two, had to move some panel lines by a couple of mm(s) to accommodate this so there termination point would not interfere with the proposed cut line.

t47 FIX under all.jpg

My Cockpit is pretty cloudy also, I guess Luke and Dak are just fogging it up and was not intending to do anything about that for now, at this point in time I just want to fix what are for me the most visually glaring issues, which have bugged me from the get go.

Cheers

Well reworked the the cannon mounts, specifically I refined the mounting pin so it is hidden along the centreline, the original hasbro pin is offset towards the the inside of the centreline. I have also incorporated a hex plug into the pin to try and hide it even more.

At the same time I used this to make a seperate blanking plug as a possible cover over the forward pinhole. Alternatively I can also make this cover into a forward cannon barrel support.

update.jpg

1703889575092.png

1703889644010.png

1703889694774.png

Cheers

Last edited:
Because I am unable to find a clear reference for the shape of Luke's forward cannon barrel mount, I have chosen to make a mash up based on both hasbro dimensions and the visual look from a video review of Jazz Inc's 1/6 speeder. And I think this may be the one I go with, baring some minor tweaks, that is :p

1703981523052.png

IMG_0367.PNG

IMG_0366.PNG

Cheers

Last edited:
Definitely more detailed than mine. I just mostly modelled whatever detail there was on the original Hasbro parts.

TazMan2000

Definitely more detailed than mine. I just mostly modelled whatever detail there was on the original Hasbro parts.

TazMan2000
I've set it up to print two rear cannon mounts, one set are more or less an exact copy of the Hasbro ones, while the other is a visual mash up based on what photo references I could find and from pictures of the Jazz Inc's 1/6th promo images, but using the key dimensions of the Hasbro one.

I am also reusing the cannon heads parts from Hasbro, all I've done is drill out both ends and cut some 12.7mm pvc tube to replace the barrels.

Cheers

After further study of the available images, I'm now beginning to think that Hasbro may have been a tad heavy handed on the cannon barrel dimensions, so I'm now thinking that a 11.1mm (7/16") tube looks more scale accurate, so I have applied this dimensional change to the rear mounts, I'll print both and see which visually the best. But I'm leaning towards the thinner.

IMG_1383.JPG

Decided to go with the 11.1mm 1/6th variant (for now) and have separated major parts into two prints, barrels and fills.

1704454331066.png

1704454385171.png

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back