Harry Potter Quidditch Broom (Hardware Build)

Re: Hardware Build - Harry Potter Quidditch Broom for my Son

Anybody have a high-rez shot of the Nimbus logo? My son decided to call it the "Nimbus 2011" :lol. I was hoping to find a good straight on shot, print it out, and cut out the letters using an exacto knife to make a stencil.

It's not huge, but here is a pic of the logo that may be helpful. :)

Wolfie had such a great idea to use an axe handle as the base for his broom...!

also, just notice this , but I'm a her :p

As my easily distinguishing avatar should tell you LOL ;) yeah, I probably should pick a different one lol

This is downright amazing! just made my day, he looks so happy!

Nimbus 2000 logo

il53SU.jpg

also, just notice this , but I'm a her :p

As my easily distinguishing avatar should tell you LOL ;) yeah, I probably should pick a different one lol

You know? I actually thought about that, when I saw your name was Crystal. But, like you said, your avatar is a little ambiguous and I thought maybe you could be male named "Crys-Tahl" :lol. I'll correct that.

Wicked thread!!
First off I was in the process of making a broom but could not find any source for the twig/straw for the tail and now thanks to you I have a source (THANKS!!)
Second I was looking for nimbus 2000 logo big enough to print for my truck since I found out its Nimbus grey. lol I thought it would be cool you know and same thread theres a logo (sweet!!)

Oh great job on the broom too, it looks wicked.
I checked out your youtube video on the light saber and now I want one.....

I got the logo mapped and the machine did a wonderful job on it. It took all of 2 minutes
Heres how they turned out

nimbus2000a.jpg

You know? I actually thought about that, when I saw your name was Crystal. But, like you said, your avatar is a little ambiguous and I thought maybe you could be male named "Crys-Tahl" :lol. I'll correct that.

;) thanks. No worries though, Its even more confusing for girls who get all weird and kiss my helmet when I'm wearing the sandtrooper armor... then I take off the helmet and wipe the kiss off it with a freaked out look on my face and they then flip out there was a girl under the helmet. Fun times there, :angel Not sure if I like that better or standing still next to a wall and then moving when they get too close...

And super awesome on the logo posted, I'm swiping it cause I'd love to make another broom with a Nimbus logo on it for my husbands Ravenclaw quidditch costume. so double thanks to the logo poster!

Easily the best use of prop-making skills is to put a smile like that on a kid's face. :)

So my Nimbus grey Honda got the stickers on today so its official, the Honda Nimbus 2000

I might try to print it on Chrome tonight... I think it will look better than the grey.

Oh and sorry if it seems Im highjacking the thread I was just so excited to find the image and your information is going to help me later finish a broom.

Thanks again!!

nimbustruck.jpg

I love this! Definitely a happy kid :) Great job man!

Also, I may gank that logo as well for later use :p Great job whomever did it, and thanks for sharing it with the world!

What an amazing broom! I'd love to make one since my daughter is now asking me for a broom, lol!

So my Nimbus grey Honda got the stickers on today so its official, the Honda Nimbus 2000

I might try to print it on Chrome tonight... I think it will look better than the grey.

Oh and sorry if it seems Im highjacking the thread I was just so excited to find the image and your information is going to help me later finish a broom.

Thanks again!!

nimbustruck.jpg

I'll let you hijack all you want if you can print me up a couple of gold Nimbus 2011 sitckers for my son's broom! :lol:lol.

Seriously though. PM me if you think you can help, those look awesome.

I finished up the stain and clear coat and put some color on the bristles. I may still paint the band and brackets to match the foot pegs. I kinda like the dark wood and bronze color together. All I need now are some Nimbus logos....hmmmm. :lol

IMG_0613.jpg

IMG_0614.jpg

IMG_0615.jpg

IMG_0616.jpg

Last edited:

I have some chrome but no gold or gold chrome. Let me ask my buddy if he has some gold and I'll hook you up.

I redid the truck with a chrome one today.

What size would you need? I may be able to cut out the individual letters with no backing if its not to small for the blade then before you apply it you can paint it gold then apply the letters if I cant get any gold

chromenimbus.jpg

Awesome. 2" preferably. It could probably be as big as 2 1/2"
Silver or chrome would be fine too. And if you can't cut the individual letters out, that's fine. Sweet! Let me know how much I owe ya!

Ok found something real close to gold and cut it as small as I could without messing the edges up and you can see in the picture the edges were close to being buttered up but when you apply it you should be able to rub it down fine.

Demesions are 3" wide 1.5 high and the 1.5 includes the N in numbus

Let me know if this will work and I'll send it on to you

nimbuscut.jpg

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back