Harry Potter Personalized Hogwarts trunk!

APOLLO IND

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
CUSTOM HARRY POTTER TRUNK

This year for Christmas, It was my first year being married to my lovely wife! She is a massive Harry Potter fan, and with me building props and such, I thought I should do something fun this year. So I was inspired to put together a nice personalized Hogwarts trunk for her main Christmas gift!

I began with an old vintage “banded steamer trunk” from the UK:
IMG_9359.jpeg

After receiving the trunk, I immediately got busy scrubbing it down with soap and water, and restoring the metal components with scotch brite dremel bits. This was a VERY tedious process:
IMG_9475.jpeg

After it was clean and metal components restored, I restored the leather handles and leather back strap hinge component with some leather cleaner and conditioner called “Chamberlains Leather Milk”. Then I taped off all the wooden bands, and metal components to prep for painting and weathering! I chose a mixture of Liquitex Burnt Umber and Burnt Sienna for the base, and Black and Burnt Umber for the weathering.
IMG_9544.jpeg

I made some in-universe stickers, and printed them out, and rolled them on with Mod Podge. I created both her initials as well as the Hogwarts crest, on the Cricut with some stencil vinyl:

IMG_9680.png
IMG_9589.jpeg
IMG_9583.jpeg

I finished it off with a nice coating of beeswax paste over the whole trunk, and re-lined the inside with a nice upholstery material. We are both “Gryffindor’s” so I chose a nice red and gold interior:
IMG_9661.jpeg
IMG_9662.jpeg
IMG_9663.jpeg
IMG_9664.jpeg

I made her acceptance letter and wrapped the rest of her gifts in brown paper, and sealed everything with the Hogwarts wax seal, and some in-universe mock stamps and owl feathers:

IMG_9668.jpeg

I hope you all enjoyed, a full video will be going up on the restoration process, but I wanted to share with the RPF family first! Thanks for looking, and Merry Christmas!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back