Harry Potter - Artefact Boxes

I received my Artefact box this past weekend. Never have I been more disappointed in a Noble Collection replica. I think this graphic I carefully crafted sums it up:

5732396099_39aa4c6210_o.jpg

My full review is here: Curious Goods » Blog Archive » Harry Potter Artefact Box©®
What the ****?
Thats RIDICOLOUS.

Is that on every prop?

Which begs the question ...why? One per item would be sufficient and since the wizardry book items did not have them it's obviously possible. Is it really so hard for them to get sh** right at Noble? I don't understand how as a company it's in your best interest to put out inferior products, offer lousy customer service, and in general pi** off your client base. I'd say maybe someday someone over there would figure it out but I doubt it. So sad.

In general, I've been happy with my Noble purchases. I've never had a problem with customer support. They've always been helpful on the phone (although sometimes a bit clueless). This is the first time I've been extremely disappointed.

I'm curious if this is a Warner Brothers product (as apposed to A product that received the rights to replicate). Because if it's a WB product, it would make sense for the tm to be on it (from a legal standpoint). Not saying I like this, but it makes sense for a studio to do that.

Any chance you could post pictures of all the items for those of us that might want to replicate them?

I really wanted to get the boxes when I first noticed they were coming out. Now that I've seen your review, I'm definitely not getting them. That is awful. I know they have to trademark everything they own the rights to, its so stupid of them to put 50 "TMs" on every piece. Its even worse and WB being printed on the Noble wands.

There is a diff version of Lily's letter and a Dumbledore's army list on my paper props thread if those not wanting to spend money on the boxes want to just print them out. I've heard nothing but horrible things about the boxes, and I'm still waiting for mine to come in. I'm actually surprised I got Hermione's purse in today. I've never had any luck with noble and actually hate them with a passion. If I could buy the props that I want elsewhere... I'd do it

Sorry the boxes are crap Juno :( Thats really lame

Please Juno describe the Ron and Hermione boxes for us.
I am interested in the quatlity of the Chuddley Cannons Poster. Tell us more.

Yeah, Please juno, I'm also interested on a review of the boxes.
Have some stuff on waiting to be printed, depending on the quality of the stuff inside.

I would have guessed they would have had to be better since there was not as much stuff with personal names but apparently I am wrong..so do tell by how much?

Here's the breakdown. I think the worst part of these sets is that they aren't even display worthy. I could forgive the poor paper choices if there weren't the TMs and copyrights all over the pieces. They really feel slapped together.

Ron's box:
Gryffindor Uniform Stitched Crest - TM on the Gryffindor name. HUGE WBE copyright patch sewn onto the back.

Quidditch World Cup Map - Nice paper on this piece. TM by the word Quidditch that's not terribly subtle.

Howler Letter - Incorrect envelope. Light paper stock. TM on Ronald Weasley, Hogwarts and Gryffindor. The WBE copyright is HUGE on the Howler letter.

Dumbledore Card - TM by Dumbledore's name (small). Card is on light cardstock.

Chudley Cannons Poster - rolled and tied with a ribbon. 11x17 and printed like a normal movie poster

Weasley Betting Slip - Very light newsprint-like paper, but it feels accurate. Very tiny WBE copyrigh (hardly noticable). Easily the best done pieces in the lot, but completely esoteric.

Weasley Twins Product package - I don't even know what this is. It's a piece of thick white cardboard with the screaming yo-yo box info. It's not die-cut or anything. I don't know if mine is defective or not.

Hermione's Box:
Love Potion Bottle - Cute box. The replica is not accurate (they've added a base and the tassle is wrong. They also detailed the text with gold paint).

Yule Ball Snowflake Ornament - Metal with an etched TM next to Hogwarts.

School Timetable - Light pseudo-graph paper (digital printing). I don't remember this in the films, and my 11-year-old niece has made better paper props.

Owl Exam paper - Light stock, two sheets. Just a long sheet and a short sheet, nothing that folds out like the real deal.

Yule Ball Poster - 11x17" typical poster

Gilderoy Lockhart Signed Photo - 3"x 4" TMs by Gilderoy and Hermione's names.

Hogwarts Express Ticket - Not gold foiled, printed in yellow (the paper is gloss-coated so it feels very modern).

Sheesh. They should rename these boxes to "Copyright Boxes" LOL. You'd think they could hide those TM's better, but I guess they don't want us to ever forget WB owns all these goodies! LOL. So much potential with these but I enjoy the handmade replicas on this site so much more. The quality of props here far surpass anything that will be massed produced.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back