Harry Potter - Artefact Boxes

I just got all three of these boxes in the mail and i agree with Juno. They all suck and the YoYo thing in Rons box is, well i dont even know what it is :confused. I was looking forward to Rons box the most and i personally think his is the WORST of all three! Hermiones i think is best of all three, but if i were any of you i wouldnt waste my money on any of it.

I've got to agree on this, completely. My wife bought it for Xmas for me, and it arrived in early May. What a joke for customer service. The photograph looks like some cheap 1980's 3D photo, and the Sirius poster is rolled up straight from the laser printer.

I should have just done it all myself. Noble can bite me from here on out.

I just don't understand why everything has to be so DIFFICULT with them! They go out of their way to make changes!
just a short list of COMPLETELY unnecessary changes Noble has made to their products
-Wand paints, rarely the right color, seriously, they need to buy the paint anyway! Might as well buy the right color!
-The snitch, why, I mean really, WHY make it a bust instead of a replica! pointless!
-Straightening Voldy's wand
-COMPLETELY changing the handle of Narcissa's wand
-Adding the HP logo to the marauders map
-Putting notches instead of a chain around the lockets
-COMPLETELY, REALLY F-ing up the Time-Turner
-Various wand changes
-Making "The Prophecy" tag out of metal instead of paper, and making the stand scratch the ball
-Gryffindore Sword permanently on a display? WTF!
-Not putting Olivander's on Diagon Alley map.
-Randomly adding stripes to Tonk's wand
-Making the Tri-Wizard cup suck
-Making The Divination Crystal Ball out of porportion
-Two completely different Mad-Eye Moody wand for Olivander's box vs. Regular box

I just... I, wish Master Replicas had gotten the rights, which would've easily kept them in business, and they'ed have done everything RIGHT!

Yea it's too bad they're not serious about making more accurate replicas, and normally the Copyrights and trademark logos bug the hell out of me too, although I know they have to put that crap on there.

The Wand paints are extremely varied. I have Harry's wand which I purchased not long after Noble released it - the paint and detail on it are the best I have ever seen on any of the wands. Compared it to Harry's wand from the Triwizard set - the triwizard wand looked like they just slapped the paint on. The physical shape of the wands seems to be accurate though, except voldy's wand which looked completely unbent.

I dunno, I like all the wands, but it is just those little details which I could understand would put people off, but in the end of the day, I bet some the wands made for use on set, would not hold out as long as Nobles. I was looking forward to Ron's artefact box, mainly for the frog card, but it seems it just sounds ridiculous. I for one, am waiting for the deluminator to come out.

Thank you for doing such detailed reviews juno. I was going to get these for my wife as a gift. But there is zero magic with the trademark plastered all over everything.

Do you think the the train ticket would look ok in one of those acrylic blocks?

hi to all! im a UK based member, so i pose a question to anyone in the UK here: what's Noble like on our side of the waters? also, i'm gonna start collecting the wands, i've already got the death eater thorn one, and just have to have more! haha! the reason i want the wands is because they're cast from originals and re-sculpted a bit, so it's kinda like having a "second-hand" prop to display. also, i think i read somewhere that the wands for the movies (Prisoner of Azkaban onwards) were sculpted, then cast and made much like the noble wands. this would make sense, so they could pull as many as they needed without having to worry about accurate duplicates. they also had stunt versions made of rubber...i think thats shown on the OotP special features.

im really sorry to hear about everyone elses problems though, because thier products arent exactly cheap!

My experiance of them in the Uk is fast turn around but crap customer service.
I ordered a set of the boxes, I ceceived three letters (with differn order numbers) telling me that they were delayed even though I had already received Harry's, when I called them up they advised that the letters had been sent in error and that 1 set had been shipped. They were quite quick to refund the two sets I send back.

Noble Says at the top of there page "Treasures Inspired By The World Of Harry Potter" IF you didn't like there what they are doing why spend your money on them?

The Deluminator IS available for sale on the Noble website, but it says it does not ship until August 30th.

So many companies have cheapened their products and service to save money...it's absolutely everywhere you turn. They under-staff and overwork the people they do have, and organization and skill go out the window. It's a sad state of affairs.

Noble's shipping date for the Deluminator has now been changed from 8/30 to 9/30..... ugh.. :( Anyone making these here? I'm interested. I've been waiting for this for months!!

can anyone, please, upload a picture of the "Chudley Cannon" poster?? I'm looking for a good picture of the team member on the poster.

Hell Juno can you scan the yule ball poster? if its okay? i want this boxes but due to i can't afford them i want to create my version to all props of hp :)

I'm sorry, Sweepotato. I just don't see any reason to scan something that's already well-done and is relatively cheap.

Thank you for doing such detailed reviews juno. I was going to get these for my wife as a gift. But there is zero magic with the trademark plastered all over everything.

Do you think the the train ticket would look ok in one of those acrylic blocks?
try the site etsy for some cheaper more authentic stuff theyres a prefct letter with prefect and pin head badges foiled tickets for the train and night bus aged riddle diarys and the half blood prince potions book and the coolest by far for $20 plus shiping a gringots bank book &cheques set

Luke -

"I just don't understand why everything has to be so DIFFICULT with them! They go out of their way to make changes!
just a short list of COMPLETELY unnecessary changes Noble has made to their products
-Wand paints, rarely the right color, seriously, they need to buy the paint anyway! Might as well buy the right color!
-The snitch, why, I mean really, WHY make it a bust instead of a replica! pointless!
-Straightening Voldy's wand
-COMPLETELY changing the handle of Narcissa's wand
-Adding the HP logo to the marauders map
-Putting notches instead of a chain around the lockets
-COMPLETELY, REALLY F-ing up the Time-Turner
-Various wand changes
-Making "The Prophecy" tag out of metal instead of paper, and making the stand scratch the ball
-Gryffindore Sword permanently on a display? WTF!
-Not putting Olivander's on Diagon Alley map.
-Randomly adding stripes to Tonk's wand
-Making the Tri-Wizard cup suck
-Making The Divination Crystal Ball out of porportion
-Two completely different Mad-Eye Moody wand for Olivander's box vs. Regular box

I just... I, wish Master Replicas had gotten the rights, which would've easily kept them in business, and they'ed have done everything RIGHT!"
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><

I can understand the wand paints varying mainly because the wands were rarely the same colours on screen (Hermione, Harry's especially)

The Diagon Alley Map was concept art/graphics made by the art department - it is annoying to not see Ollivanders on there, not Noble's fault though.

The Mad-Eye Moody wands changed since Goblet of Fire for an unknown reason - the fact that the newer design is in the newer box just says to me that it is part of the final collection and up to date with Deathly Hallows.

Narcissa's wand is, instead of being based off the prop (which it partly is) is instead based off of the concept art.

I can understand most of these changes because in the real prop world, things are only made to be seen on screen for a required time, and not be physically durable or demading. Yes, the wands are an exception, but I get the feeling that the wand props were hand-painted especially to be ready for takes or even the lighting in the sceene (note The Lord of the Rings where they deliberately made things different colours, but when the camera picked it up, it looked fine)

I feel Noble has done the best of what they acquired from the films (with the props) and made them more durable and more easily accessible to fans for a reasonable price. The props in the film were made to such a high degree of detail that actually having to replicate it so, would mean the prices would shoot up!

I don't personally like all the trademarking, but it's all the legalities that entail their business. And a business is what they are.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back