Han Solo Force Awakens Blaster is HFC (and now also a Maurshin) m712 airsoft pistol

Re: Han Solo Force Awakens Blaster is HFC (and now also a Maurshin) m712 airsoft pist

I wouldn't use those Disney display blasters for reference personally, they are very inconsistent and don't match everything we've seen in the film and posters/promo shots. They could be resin castings for all we know.

The he thickness of the added plate would literally only need to be a few millimeters to accomplish what is seen in the shot above.

Re: Han Solo Force Awakens Blaster is HFC (and now also a Maurshin) m712 airsoft pist

Just a quick confirmation that the Cobra Airsoft short mags are the correct version, I received mine today.

http://www.cobraairsoft.com/product_info.php?products_id=3001
image.jpeg

HFC HG-196 and HFC M712 are the same thing. The box this clip came in is actually labeled HG-196 even though the product page states its GB-712-C-HFC), same for Evike's airsoft. I see no difference.

Excellent thanks ordering now :)

So has it been confirmed that the only way to make this scope mount work is for it to be epoxied on? Is that only to maintain function of the pistol? I'm not sure which would be more preferable, a functioning pistol, or one that won't fall apart if it gets knocked around...

I have been working with Dave at DEC and think we have a good way to firmly attach the mount that should allow full function.

does anyone know if the semi auto function can be locked in if the selector switch is removed?

The selector switch doesn't do anything with the mechanism, it just acts as a holding pin for the internals. If you remove the pin the internal mechanism can be pulled out of the back. So that pin needs to be there in some form, I think they just cut it off at the base.

Oh. Great. I guess the other versions are the selective fire ones?
No problem then.
May need to make a new pin that can be accessed for disassembly if needed?
Thoughts?

if the pin hole goes all the way through, we could put the removable pin on the other side under the mount?

Yeah, it screws in to the opposite side with the visible screw. You can see this screw on the Disney blasters, so they didn't replace it with something else, but again those blasters are inconsistent with details so who knows.

that seems promising...thanks Doc !

Just got my HFC HG-196 today. Anyone have a recommendation on removing the orange paint on the tip?

Just got my HFC HG-196 today. Anyone have a recommendation on removing the orange paint on the tip?

You'll be removing half the barrel anyway so I wouldn't worry about it

Good point Sundowner and thanks Jedifather. I may do that anyway. Hate looking at that orange until I can get it converted.

Mine actually has an orange plastic cap on the end.
image.jpeg

I received mine this week and after googling how to remove the orange paint from airsoft guns, i used just plain old nail polish remover. after about ten minutes soaking the orange paint starts to bubble and lift off. i used a few q-tips soaked in nail polish remover to gently scrub away any stubborn paint, eapecially inside the barrel. the finish of the gun wasn't harmed at all. but if you do scrape up the finish at all while removing the paint you can use some gun blue chemical (perma blue, blue wonder) to restore the finish. i had to do that because i started out using a popsicle stick to scrape off the soaked paint before i switched to cotton swabs. the popsicle stick left a nick i was able to hide completely/restore with blue wonder gun blue.

Speaking of, what kind of finish is everyone planning? I was thinking about stripping the paint of the HFC and bluing the whole thing. Thoughts?

I am probably going to either keep it as is (depending on how I like the finish) or strip it down and give it a light coat of satin black and then hit it with some steel wool to weather it a bit and cut down on the sheen.

Hi! I'm designing a 3D printed kit for the HFC and this is how it looks by now. What do you think? I apreciate all kind of feedback... This is a modified bull barrel and silencer designed by me for the ANH one. The color doesn't match by now, but it's not important because it will be plastic...

HFC-M712-Modif-01.png
And the base (without photoshopping the long mag and the ring)
HFC M712 01.png

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back