Han Solo Force Awakens Blaster is HFC (and now also a Maurshin) m712 airsoft pistol

Re: Han Solo Force Awakens Blaster is HFC (and now also a Maurshin) m712 airsoft pist

Thanks guys I appreciate the cheers! To get these pictures I snapped a total of 58 over two days. The glass and focus issues were really a challenge. All worth it though!

Re: Han Solo Force Awakens Blaster is HFC (and now also a Maurshin) m712 airsoft pist

Yea I definitely agree that the Disney blasters were made specifically for each Launch Bay.

Both Florida and California LB blasters are different.

For example, the Florida blaster has more of a Wired paint scheme, whereas the California blaster is 'rusted'.

I think the only two used on screen are the Wired and the poster blasters.

Yea I definitely agree that the Disney blasters were made specifically for each Launch Bay.

Both Florida and California LB blasters are different.

For example, the Florida blaster has more of a Wired paint scheme, whereas the California blaster is 'rusted'.

I think the only two used on screen are the Wired and the poster blasters.

That's good info...thanks !

The Wired version is not the same as the one Ford is holding in the scene with Boyga. The "weathering damage" if different on the mag bottom and mount...at least from the low res images we have so far.

...the truth is out there...

Yep, the "Are you sure you are up for this" blaster is the poster blaster.

^^ Looks like to me as well. Are there any better Hi RES images of this one?

So are we comfortable that the screen used is the HFC due to the hammer knock out pin depressions?

If so, the only other question is how they made the left side with the c96 rectangle. Cover plate?

Last edited:

I haven't seen any high res shots of that scene.

I'm ok with using the HFC.

does anyone have a hi res image of the poster for right side or the banner below for left side?

Interesting that he is shooting lefty here too !

NEiSNa0H8GZklr_1_a.jpg

The image is flipped. You can tell by the scope.

Anyone have accurate measurements for the "width" of the M712 vs the C96 at the magazine??? I'm asking because the grills for sale for the c96 might not be able to be used on the M712.

The M712 has a broader, more square front.

Pretty sure any grill you will find won't sit correctly, or even at all, with the airsoft Mausers.

No they won't, I tried test fitting the two grills I have (resin and 3d Printed plastic) on an Airsoft M712 I have a few minutes ago. Well hopefully the creative minds here and other places will have a new grill out sometime soon.

The M712 has a broader, more square front.

Pretty sure any grill you will find won't sit correctly, or even at all, with the airsoft Mausers.

Strange, the scope positioning shows that the image is flipped, but his jacket greeblies are still on the correct side. I guess someone must have photoshopped those into place?

Strange, the scope positioning shows that the image is flipped, but his jacket greeblies are still on the correct side. I guess someone must have photoshopped those into place?

Actually I think the photoshopping occurred halfway along his arm's length. The lighting is different and the hand and gun look too large compared to his head size.

Actually I think the photoshopping occurred halfway along his arm's length. The lighting is different and the hand and gun look too large compared to his head size.

Weeird. It does look that way, but wouldn't that mean that this would have had to have originated as two different photos, since we'd then essentially be seeing two sides of Han at the same time? Sorry, this is all irrelevant to the thread ... just mysterious.

I know, but it is a good shot at the screen used LEFT side with mystery disk. A HD image of this would help a lot...but it could be a completely shopped image with the incorrect blaster...

No they won't, I tried test fitting the two grills I have (resin and 3d Printed plastic) on an Airsoft M712 I have a few minutes ago. Well hopefully the creative minds here and other places will have a new grill out sometime soon.

Just in case anyone missed it in a previous post...

Dark Energy Creations (DEC) has an interest thread up for an ALL METAL TFA blaster kit similar to the great one he made for ANH. It will be awesomely accurate and made to perfectly fit the HFC base.

He is also planning to offer modified HFC base Mausers.

http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=250942

Don't know if it is used in the new TFA movie but he also has an incredible Droid caller and M19 sight available.

Don't want anyone to miss out...

Check it out and sign up for his newsletter!

Weeird. It does look that way, but wouldn't that mean that this would have had to have originated as two different photos, since we'd then essentially be seeing two sides of Han at the same time? Sorry, this is all irrelevant to the thread ... just mysterious.

Pretty much.

I know, but it is a good shot at the screen used LEFT side with mystery disk. A HD image of this would help a lot...but it could be a completely shopped image with the incorrect blaster...
I'd like to see if the rear lugs on the blaster in that pic are the thin ones like the HFC or wider like on a Tercel/KWC

Last edited:

I was wondering how difficult cutting the magazine really is??? I may be able to get a CM712 "Metal" airsoft gun for a rather "cheap" price (I'm on a bit of a budget) but the thing only comes with the long magazine. Any hints or suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated!!!!

Thank You!!

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back