Guardians of the Galaxy

Would you prefer a ghetto trash talk voice... because that did wonders for Transformers 2... I mean, who didn't love the stereotypical black robots in that movie that couldn't get through one seen without saying something grossly inappropriate for a movie that is guaranteed to be seen by children.

I'm fine with white-bread. Maybe not Cooper... but since Jason Lee's voice is already too closely linked to The Incredibles' Syndrome, I can live with what we're getting. They could have done a lot worse. Imagine Nicholas Cage's voice...

Nah, I'm thinking more along the lines of the gruff, semi-Cockney accent he has in Marvel Heroes.

It's so incongruous to hear that gruff, rough voice out of such a cute creature that it totally works for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nah, I'm thinking more along the lines of the gruff, semi-Cockney accent he has in Marvel Heroes.

Sounds more Australian in the two lines I heard on that clip.

I'd rather a NY or Chicago accent... If you look on Wiki they're not even in England... or Australia. Native to US. So they're 100% made in 'merica!!

Then again... this one is a angry talking raccoon from space that shoots guns and fights people... I don't know if that particular breed is native to US.

Sounds more Australian in the two lines I heard on that clip.

I'd rather a NY or Chicago accent... If you look on Wiki they're not even in England... or Australia. Native to US. So they're 100% made in 'merica!!

Then again... this one is a angry talking raccoon from space that shoots guns and fights people... I don't know if that particular breed is native to US.

The voice on MH reminds me strongly of Ray Winstone. Regardless, it's a unique voice that would make Rocket's dialogue more recognizable which is why it would appeal so.. yeah, an accent would be good.

Also, I'm pretty certain the only character that's American (or even from Earth) is Peter so it makes sense he would sound like an American. The others, eh, not so much. ;)

The voice on MH reminds me strongly of Ray Winstone. Regardless, it's a unique voice that would make Rocket's dialogue more recognizable which is why it would appeal so.. yeah, an accent would be good.

Also, I'm pretty certain the only character that's American (or even from Earth) is Peter so it makes sense he would sound like an American. The others, eh, not so much. ;)

Drax is from Earth as well, at least his soul, Marvel tends to monkey with things like that and I don't know if that has changed or if they will even mention much about it.

I had one of those going through my trash can last week! I went out to shoo him away with a broom, but he pointed his space shotgun at me and hissed something very vulger!!! I just let him have the rest of the can.

KgXIltn.jpg

i love the costume but HATE that photo! whenever people have a picture straight on it just looks awkward when their feet are spread wider than their shoulders.

Here are the tweets of James Gunn from Jun 21.

The rumors of my pal @ NathanFillion playing Nova in guardiansofthegalaxy have been greatly (and entirely) exaggerated. Sorry, humans.

Someone suggested he is keeping it a surprise.

“@burnettski92: @ NathanFillion Just what you'd say if you wanted to keep his appearance a surprise.” I would never & have never lied to fans

That's when he confirmed about the cameo role. But it's not Nova, but Mal would be fun to see :).

“@STARS_TyranT: Are the rumours true that he has some part in the film?” @ NathanFillion has a very small fun cameo he did as a favor to me.

His appearance regardless would have been a fun surprise, but some people HAD to ask cause surprise in movies is so passe.

Marvel's "Guardians" Wraps Production | News | Dark Horizons

After nearly two years of work, filmmaker James Gunn is putting the finishing touches on his "Guardians of the Galaxy" film ahead of its opening next month. With the film's press junket soon to begin, he spoke about the end of the process on hisFacebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/jgunn/posts/10152521839149570

"I swear, I've gotten angry with filmmakers like Ridley Scott and George Lucas who can't let go of their old films and want to keep going back and offering up different versions, but I can easily see myself doing that now.

This is essentially my last week of actually making Guardians of the Galaxy. It's been two years straight and I've starting to become terrified of actually having to STOP. But on July 7, I leave for Singapore to begin the press tour so I suppose I really have no choice.

There isn't much left. I'm still playing with the sound mix and the 3D and the DI (digital intermediate - basically the color-timing) - and there are some outstanding visual effects shots. But I still want to do what I can with what I have left to make the most stunning film I can for you guys on August 1!
I think the Marvel producers are starting to understand my almost psychotic inability to be happy with anything, and to pick apart things to the very bitter end. They're going to have to tear this movie from my bloody grip. Aagh.

I'm starting to get very sad every time I think of how I'm going to miss all of the people I've been working with side-by-side for the past two years. And - to show you how strange I really am - I get teary-eyed when I think of how I won't be working with Rocket (at least for a little while). He's been the center of my life for a long time now, and I've come to love the little son-of-a-bitch. Really. Let's be honest. I'm getting teary-eyed now writing those words. And yes that may be a sign that I really am in need of a break. But for now, it's back to work. Love to you all."

Marvel's "Guardians" Wraps Production | News | Dark Horizons

After nearly two years of work, filmmaker James Gunn is putting the finishing touches on his "Guardians of the Galaxy" film ahead of its opening next month. With the film's press junket soon to begin, he spoke about the end of the process on hisFacebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/jgunn/posts/10152521839149570

"I swear, I've gotten angry with filmmakers like Ridley Scott and George Lucas who can't let go of their old films and want to keep going back and offering up different versions, but I can easily see myself doing that now.

This is essentially my last week of actually making Guardians of the Galaxy. It's been two years straight and I've starting to become terrified of actually having to STOP. But on July 7, I leave for Singapore to begin the press tour so I suppose I really have no choice.

There isn't much left. I'm still playing with the sound mix and the 3D and the DI (digital intermediate - basically the color-timing) - and there are some outstanding visual effects shots. But I still want to do what I can with what I have left to make the most stunning film I can for you guys on August 1!
I think the Marvel producers are starting to understand my almost psychotic inability to be happy with anything, and to pick apart things to the very bitter end. They're going to have to tear this movie from my bloody grip. Aagh.

I'm starting to get very sad every time I think of how I'm going to miss all of the people I've been working with side-by-side for the past two years. And - to show you how strange I really am - I get teary-eyed when I think of how I won't be working with Rocket (at least for a little while). He's been the center of my life for a long time now, and I've come to love the little son-of-a-bitch. Really. Let's be honest. I'm getting teary-eyed now writing those words. And yes that may be a sign that I really am in need of a break. But for now, it's back to work. Love to you all."

That is a labor of love. More than Michael Bay could ever say about any of his films. Less Bays, more Gunns!

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back