Guardians of the Galaxy

GOTG_Bus%20Shelter_StarLord_v6a_lg.jpg

James Gunn: "Vin Diesel just finished his final session as Groot (well, for 2014 at least). All of us are astounded that one man can bring so much amazingness to a character who can only say three words. We don't affect Vin's voice at all and he sounds like an otherworldly tree! Every "I am Groot," every grunt and shriek and whine and holler is filled with heart and humor and passion. When I returned from the session, I told one of our producers, Victoria Alonso, that I think we could audition every single person in the world for Groot, and Vin Diesel would still be the best. I know directors almost always praise their stars - and, God knows, I've been fortunate with the entire cast of Guardians of the Galaxy - but I've never been more stunned by an actor able to bring so much more to a role than I originally thought possible. Rocket may be the heart of GotG, but Groot is its soul."

James Gunn: "Vin Diesel just finished his final session as Groot (well, for 2014 at least). All of us are astounded that one man can bring so much amazingness to a character who can only say three words. We don't affect Vin's voice at all and he sounds like an otherworldly tree! Every "I am Groot," every grunt and shriek and whine and holler is filled with heart and humor and passion. When I returned from the session, I told one of our producers, Victoria Alonso, that I think we could audition every single person in the world for Groot, and Vin Diesel would still be the best. I know directors almost always praise their stars - and, God knows, I've been fortunate with the entire cast of Guardians of the Galaxy - but I've never been more stunned by an actor able to bring so much more to a role than I originally thought possible. Rocket may be the heart of GotG, but Groot is its soul."

Groot... the original Hodor.

James Gunn: "Vin Diesel just finished his final session as Groot (well, for 2014 at least). All of us are astounded that one man can bring so much amazingness to a character who can only say three words. ... I think we could audition every single person in the world for Groot, and Vin Diesel would still be the best. ...an actor able to bring so much more to a role"

Vin Diesel? He's talking about Vin Diesel?

j/k.. I like at least 51% of his movies.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hoping they saved the best dialogue between Rocket and Peter for the movie, though I suspect as we get closer to Aug we'll see them leak out more Rocket.

"I was gonna put it in a box!"

Love it. Seriously looking forward to this movie. :)

For what it's worth, I'm still not sold on Bradley Cooper as Rocket's voice. From what we've seen so far, the Dialogue itself seems good, but his voice is so... white-bread American it's kind of boring to me.

Okay, since I've never read a GOTG comic I've got to ask--what is the deal with the raccoon? Is he a raccoon who gets intelligent somehow? Is he an alien who just happens to look like a raccoon or what? spill me in guys.

hes a alien that just so happens to look like a raccoon. rocket is his name raccoon is what peiople refered to him as if they just met him or behind his back because hed lay some whoop ass down if you knew better haha

he is actually more of a "han solo" butmuch more eccentric and violent then star-lord.

Okay, since I've never read a GOTG comic I've got to ask--what is the deal with the raccoon? Is he a raccoon who gets intelligent somehow? Is he an alien who just happens to look like a raccoon or what? spill me in guys.

He was genetically bred to be a caretaker of the mentally ill on a planet asylum called Halfworld. Fuzzy talking animals were thought to calm down the criminally insane.

And as for the trailer, I saw Knowhere!!!! Maybe the Celestials will make an appearance.

"I was gonna put it in a box!"

Love it. Seriously looking forward to this movie. :)

For what it's worth, I'm still not sold on Bradley Cooper as Rocket's voice. From what we've seen so far, the Dialogue itself seems good, but his voice is so... white-bread American it's kind of boring to me.

i agree with you on his voice but reading the comics i thought he had something a bit different. a marvel vscapcom game rocket was in they gave him like an austrailian'cockney accent that i thought was PERFECT

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Rocket Raccoon - YouTube

I have ... part ... of a plan.

Hahahaha.

That's a fake laugh.

Its real.

Totally fake.

I am Groot.

Thank you.

Can. Not. Wait.

Last edited:

Would you prefer a ghetto trash talk voice... because that did wonders for Transformers 2... I mean, who didn't love the stereotypical black robots in that movie that couldn't get through one seen without saying something grossly inappropriate for a movie that is guaranteed to be seen by children.

I'm fine with white-bread. Maybe not Cooper... but since Jason Lee's voice is already too closely linked to The Incredibles' Syndrome, I can live with what we're getting. They could have done a lot worse. Imagine Nicholas Cage's voice...

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back