Guardians of the Galaxy (Post-release)

Saw this in IMAX 3D this afternoon. I don't know how I could've been any more pleased with this flick. Visually SUPERB, & the characters were great. I'll be seeing it again in the theater, & will purchase the Blu-ray when released. :thumbsup :thumbsup

I'm really hoping the Xandarians, now with a depleted military and the Power gem to guard, use the gem to create the true Nova Corps. Power gem would make a suitable replacement for the Nova Force

Loved every aspect of Guardians of the Galaxy. The movie is visually beautiful and colorful, also it's a welcoming change in aesthetics that I hope continues the trend of movies going with bold colors.

Every character of the team is a badass and you end up wanting to see more of them as the movie draws to a close. There was no doubt that Guardians of the Galaxy was going to be hilarious and a fun action packed space adventure movie, but it had so much heart which surprised me the most. Rocket is awesome and he is a big highlight of the movie, but Peter Quill is my absolute favourite.

The movie features a fantastic soundtrack with songs you want to listen to again and again, accompanied by a good exciting score by Tyler Bates.

Though the movie ties into the Marvel Cinematic Universe, it's a great standalone film even for those who aren't familiar with any of the prior Marvel movies.

Thanks to my friend, who ensured that we got to see it in a true IMAX 3D theatre (70 mm) at AMC Universal City Walk during my stay in LA. It was one of my best theatrical movie experiences ever.

Did they want us to think Yondu was StarLord's father?

His mother said: "You look like an Angel, Peter. Just like your father."

Yondu says at the end: "I may look like an Angel, but..."

Also that's possibly why he never kills Peter and why he wasn't entirely upset when he was duped at the end with the toy troll.

Never even considered that, but its a good catch.

But dosnt Yondu's sidekick say at the end. "Its a good job we never delivered him to his father like we were supposed to", to which Yondu replied "Yeah, that guy was a real *******"

God I hope not. Yondu said Peter's dad was an *******. But the bond they share is more of an adopted son type of deal.

It was hilarious how he would talk tough about killing Peter and in the very same scene be buddy buddy with him.:lol
Did they want us to think Yondu was StarLord's father?

His mother said: "You look like an Angel, Peter. Just like your father."

Yondu says at the end: "I may look like an Angel, but..."

Also that's possibly why he never kills Peter and why he wasn't entirely upset when he was duped at the end with the toy troll.

I think if you read a bit more into the post credits scene there is more there than you think.

I read on a link somewhere else they thought that it shows The Collector is not dead, with a strong potential to be in other movies. His motivation could be to create the Infinity Gauntlet (just as Thanos could be intending). As well as the introduction if Cosmo who will more than likely be in a sequel. And the duck was just an Easter egg.

I like those theories (I cannot remember who wrote the article) but those theories are not mine. It would certainately be a great meta-plot for the next two movies.

Also I reckon all the characters will get their own spin off movies, potentially explaining their origins. At least Rocket and Groot anyway.

It was a gag Kerr Avon. Just a lighthearted Gag. Doesn't mean Howard the Duck will be in the other movies. Just take it as a joke and that's it. I thought it was genius and totally unexpected.

I absolutely hated it. I was very disappointed in Marvel for using so much foul language. That's what I liked about the other ones where more family friendly. I also thought the story line was absolute crap. BUT, that's only my opinion.

I just wanna say the artists and animators who worked on Rocket did an EXCELLENT job; not only did he NOT look like a cartoon, but he had a large amount of quality facial expressions!
I always fear seeing a talking animal in movies because they usually end up looking cartoony with a lame voice and stupid personality. Having Rocket showing a variety of expressions and essentially being the smart character in the group was refreshing!

I took my niece and nephew yesterday morning to see this... and well, I'm also on the team that thinks that the language could've been used a little differently in a few places. While we all enjoyed the movie, the 'd-word' took me out of it (as an uncle) and made me cringe a bit. I also thought the middle finger gag lost some charm without the "censorship."

Yes, some of the violence was a bit much, too. I feel the difference is that the violence tends to be over-the-top and more cartoon-ish - most kids aren't out there with laser guns and the like attempting to kill people and much easier to discern reality from fantasy. Using language is much easier for them to mimic.

That said, it was obviously a PG-13 movie and this behavior is probably more appropriate for that age group. However, it is also a Marvel/Disney movie and generally these have been much, much tamer in regards to language and the like. My personal enjoyment - especially with kids in tow, would've been at a much higher level without the d--- joke and I think the movie would've worked just as well had they tamed it down to what we're accustomed to from Marvel.

But the age rating is there for a reason, if you take kids to a PG13 film they will be exposed to the sort of things that made it PG13 in the first place.

I mean expendables 3 is out in a week or so, same rating, would you take them to see that?

The rating was a little different in the UK 12A which means a kid has to be 12 to see it on their own, or be with an adult, the only part he didn't like was the mother dying, and what happened to Groot, the swearing just passed him by, he hears worse than that when we get cut up in traffic anyway.

I saw it and thought it was great. I originally expected this movie to do bad but went and saw it based on the first few posts of this thread. All I can say is thank you.

But the age rating is there for a reason, if you take kids to a PG13 film they will be exposed to the sort of things that made it PG13 in the first place.

I mean expendables 3 is out in a week or so, same rating, would you take them to see that?

The rating was a little different in the UK 12A which means a kid has to be 12 to see it on their own, or be with an adult, the only part he didn't like was the mother dying, and what happened to Groot, the swearing just passed him by, he hears worse than that when we get cut up in traffic anyway.
Read my last paragraph, I think I covered what you're referring to pretty well. Here in the US, it is a PG-13 movie... but, it's still a Marvel film; the other movies in the series were also PG-13 and worked just as well without these terms (well at least they weren't as blatant and upfront in their use).

I do agree with you, this is a PG-13 movie. I just think it could've worked just as well (maybe better) had it been a little more in line with what's expected from a Marvel movie.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back