Guardians of the Galaxy (Post-release)

It was great! Not the best Marvel flick, but really enjoyable in a light hearted way.

But REALLY disappointed by the end credits scene. WTF does Howard the Duck have to do with any of the other Marvel movies? I was hoping for something that'd lead into the next Marvel movie. Something not so .. random.

It was great! Not the best Marvel flick, but really enjoyable in a light hearted way.

But REALLY disappointed by the end credits scene. WTF does Howard the Duck have to do with any of the other Marvel movies? I was hoping for something that'd lead into the next Marvel movie. Something not so .. random.

Howard the Duck was the first Marvell character based film.

Howard the Duck was the first Marvell character based film.

First, it was a piece of **** and completely unrelated to everything happening here, so it was a wasted opportunity to give movie goers a taste of what's to come. And no, it wasn't the first Marvel character based film.

First, it was a piece of **** and completely unrelated to everything happening here, so it was a wasted opportunity to give movie goers a taste of what's to come. And no, it wasn't the first Marvel character based film.

Well, it seems keeping with the tongue in cheek aspect. And besides a 1944 Republic Pictures Capt. America film, what came before 1986 and Howard the Duck on the big screen?

....well it kinda was, the Captain America films were serials

....but yeah,....I was a bit dissapointed after waiting through the credits just to see the Duck!

Its been a long time since I've been dying to see a movie again, Star Wars (Obviously), ESB, ROTJ, Raiders, Superman, Sup II, First Blood, Batman, Pulp Fiction (6 times).....and now this........( I did want to see Captain America: Winter Soldier a second time though,....but never got round to it)

J

I think it's clever, really.

The next Avengers movie is gonna feature Ultron as the bad guy, and he doesn't have anything to do with Thanos. The writers knew GOTG, for all its worldbuilding, would have to stand alone until Avengers 3 gets rolling.

It's an irreverent way of saying they haven't got much to do until then.

Awesome movie! Karen Gillan all blue and bald was strangely hot. And knowing that Cosmo would make an appearance, I was hoping for some sort of future reference to the Annihilators. I knew it was a long shot since the Surfer is under the Fox umbrella and Gladiator has more ties with the X-Men. All hopes were dashed when Ronan was, you know, disintegrated.

And though I know none of you recall my prediction from 2 years ago before any news of Guardians ever came to light, I give you this: http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=144669&page=14&p=2246213&viewfull=1#post2246213 :D

And with that I will put on my prediction hat on and say that Avengers 3 will involve the Cancerverse if the speculation that an all out battle versus Thanos is to occur in third installment.

Wouldn't the whole cancerverse have to involve captain Marvel though? Who at the moment noone outside the comic book reading public are even aware of?

Wouldn't the whole cancerverse have to involve captain Marvel though? Who at the moment noone outside the comic book reading public are even aware of?

The Kree were just introduced in Guardians. Captain Marvel is Kree. It's possible he may be introduced in Guardians 2 or sometime along Phase 3 of the MCU. And since Death does not exist in the Cancerverse, Thanos might have something to say about that with his infatuation with her and all.

All speculation of course.

While this might come to pass, I hear Marvel has a 20 year plan on these movies, so it might be somewhere nearer teh end of that.

I only hope I am still around to see them all.

Awesome film.

So does anyone have any ideas as to witch infinity gem that was? Do we have difinitive answers on which ones the tesseract and aether were?

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back