Guardians of the Galaxy (Post-release)

I saw it for the second time last Thursday, but that time in IMAX 3D. Much better that regular 3D. Every year, I start out the year by playing a cool video of my students. This year I played the "Dancing Groot" video. I was floored at the number of kids who had NOT seen GotG. Most just looked confused. It was rather depressing, considering these are middle school kids and the last movie that most saw was "Let's Be Cops" or "TMNT". :facepalm I worry for the future of our youth. Of course, the ones that had seen the movie loved the scene, and even danced along.

The wife and are are going out to see it again this Friday after work. This movie has become our "Grease", we were singing and dancing to all the tunes at the last viewing (luckily there were only two other couples in the theatre that night, and they were doing the same).

I was thinking when the Guardians make it to earth in either Avengers 3 or future GotG movies, there has to be a cameo by a great hero named...
...Kevin Bacon.:D

Only if he's confronted by the legendary outlaw John Stamos

Saw it 3 times, fantastic each time. The climactic ending part of the score is my ring tone haha. And the soundtrack is generally playing around the house.

Only if he's confronted by the legendary outlaw John Stamos

Saw it 3 times, fantastic each time. The climactic ending part of the score is my ring tone haha. And the soundtrack is generally playing around the house.

Damn straight, John Stamos! Have mercy! :lol

I just received all my GotG swag from Disney Movie Rewards; bobble-head Rocket, bobble-head Groot, bobble-head Star Lord, and two sided poster. This poster which is now selling for $94!
https://ca.movieposter.com/poster/MPW-92870/Guardians_of_the_Galaxy.html

Definitely going to go see it again. I can't get my mp3 player to stop playing the soundtrack. Problem is, when ever the Pina Colada song start up , the first thing that pops into my head is this...

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn straight, John Stamos! Have mercy! :lol

I just received all my GotG swag from Disney Movie Rewards; bobble-head Rocket, bobble-head Groot, bobble-head Star Lord, and two sided poster. This poster which is now selling for $94!
https://ca.movieposter.com/poster/MPW-92870/Guardians_of_the_Galaxy.html

Definitely going to go see it again. I can't get my mp3 player to stop playing the soundtrack. Problem is, when ever the Pina Colada song start up , the first thing that pops into my head is this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6dWwGMSh3I

Where do they have the Guardians stuff on DMR?? I have a lot of credits to redeem but nothing worth getting! All i see is the Star Lord bobble!

Where do they have the Guardians stuff on DMR?? I have a lot of credits to redeem but nothing worth getting! All i see is the Star Lord bobble!

The poster, Groot bobble-head, and Rocket bobble-head are all gone. They went fast. I put the order in as soon as they showed up in the "new rewards" section, I wanted to get some Avengers and Cap 2 stuff, but I learned my lesson to not wait as that stuff disappeared as well. The two-sided posters seem to be the most popular.

Guardians of the Galaxy deserves all the success that is pouring through, thanks to director James Gunn and his team. He posted this article link and mentioned the following.

Guardians Of The Galaxy Is Now The Highest Grossing Movie Of 2014

" To quote my favorite little monstrosity, "Oh... Yeah."

And although io9 may be right, that people like the movie because it's funny, I like to believe it's because WE GAVE A ****. You aren't numbers to us. You deserve to be given something we the creators believe in and that isn't just seeking a big opening weekend. I love my characters, I care about the quality of the movie, and Marvel was cool enough to let us take some risks. Hopefully, THAT'S the lesson - that we'll see more spectacle movies coming out of Hollywood that the filmmakers actually believe in, and that take risks, NOT just a bunch of superhero or space movies trying to be funny. "

And although io9 may be right, that people like the movie because it's funny, I like to believe it's because WE GAVE A ****.

You have to give a ****. And it's really not hard to tell which films have people like that and which films don't. I like a director who isn't treating us like numbers or saying "You're going to see it anyways".

Maybe... just MAYBE those movie studios will finally get a friggin clue that sometimes REALLY caring and giving a **** about the film from all levels is actually a key factor to earning great box office success.

From the very beginning when I saw the trailers I just had a vibe that this film was going to be amazing. And for years I haven't felt that way off of trailers. I get excited here and there about movies from the trailers, but nothing that hits me as something could REALLY be special. Guardians just seemed like it was going to be truly special, and I'm so glad I wasn't disappointed.

It was a great story with very fun and unique characters. It was futuristic, nostalgic, epic, humorous but with a serious conflict against them... It just delivered something that I think many people could take from it. It wasn't geared toward one specific audience. It was just friggin cool and dug it sooo much as a whole.

If I wasn't so busy with a family (2 month and a 3 year old) I would have seen that film 4-5 times by now. 2 is even a stretch these days, but I managed to see it twice at least, ha!

Might I also mention it's been a long time since I have had a soundtrack mix play so many times in my car.

Groot fresh out of the 3D printer :) ImageUploadedByTapatalk1409501947.697888.jpg

Good movie. I hope part 2 stays true the the style. If they do give a **** they will build on what they have. I love mining city/planet. Some of the scenes had the feel of the old total recall backgrounds.
Some screen cap or pic request. There is troll doll next to the Milano cassette deck, can anyone confirm that it's the same troll doll at the end of the movie also, if anyone has a better picture than the one that's posted within the picture of the cassette deck would they post it.

so if in this world Quill references 80s and 70s things he totally knows about Star Wars Darth Vader then right?

There is something about GOTG that is turning me into an obsessive. Probably like most people on the RPF, I have a weakness for all things SF etc I even liked 'Ice Soldiers'. But this film doesn't put a foot wrong. All the characters are great. I was a bit worried about Drax at the beginning, but he came right - especially liked the 'metaphor not going over his head' bit. So, I've spent a night making a mini dancing groot is sculpey, a quick adult groot head from foam the day after and I'm at work in my GOTG t shirt.......help!

I want to see these so called "bandits" wreak havoc upon their foes and enjoy every minute of it! They are an awesome crew/team! Groot has become a household favorite!!

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back