Guardians of the Galaxy (Post-release)

Picked this up today

I know its not a "replica prop" but im damn excited to listen to this!!

Attachments

• 0822140932.jpg
    0822140932.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 101
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/box-office-milestone-guardians-galaxy-727213

Pulling off the biggest box office surprise of the year, James Gunn's August tentpole Guardians of the Galaxy has become the top grossing film of the summer in North America, outsmarting the likes ofTransformers: Age of Extinction and The Amazing Spider-Man 2.

Topping Transformers...whew! That movie was so bad it reminded me of when a dog vomits then eats it.

The Marvel universe is opening up, I hope it keeps momentum. Though not following the comics, it is still using our favorite characters in meaty situations

Oh wait, I forgot about "Hunger Games: MJ Pt. 1". That will probably be #1 in 2014, but I think GOTG could still be second. Not bad considering the competition.

Yep internationally it's a different outcome, but on the US domestic side it's pretty exceptional. A bunch of new comers have performed better than the existing popular franchises.

GOTG has grossed more than Godzilla, Amazing Spider-Man 2, X-Men: Days of Future Past, Transformers: Age of Extinction and now is on the way to cross The LEGO Movie and Captain America: The Winter Soldier.

What an amazing success story. Hard to think that some weren't sure about this and then it just goes crazy.

I wish DC would take a look at the success Marvel's had with fun comic book movies. I know that the Hulk wasn't as successful or noteworthy as the rest of Marvel's stable, but (second one with Norton) was still okay.

Rumors are saying Power Pack is a sure bet now with the success of GotG - and it too, should be lots of fun and a great ride in the hands of a capable creative team.

I would love a Power Pack movie, except for that you could only use the core 4 members, given that they don't have the rights to Fantastic Four to be able to have Franklin (although he didn't show up until later in the series).

The movie got back up to the #1 slot pushing TMNT down and also beating out all newcomer films of the weekend. Impressive stuff!

I KNEW not long after TMNT that GotG would work int's way back up ahead of it again.

The movie got back up to the #1 slot pushing TMNT down and also beating out all newcomer films of the weekend. Impressive stuff!

I KNEW not long after TMNT that GotG would work int's way back up ahead of it again.

I'm off to see it for a fourth time this week so those Terrible Turtles will be getting hit in the shell again.

Studios need to make more films with staying power. I think they love the idea of a film to make a quick buck on, forget it and move on to the next. I love films I can watch over and over and think those are the smarter films to make, especially when you start getting into the home market where people will buy different editions or potential director's cuts.

I think this movie will be one of those staying power films that offers a lot to a pretty broad audience of different tastes.

I can definitely see this staying in the bluray player for a couple months after I get it.

Absolutely. I've seen it five times now in the theater and I don't see it leaving my PS3 for a long while after it's out on Bluray. It's so...............magical.

I'm also one of those people that is going to buy every retailer exclusive version that's out, AND probably import a bunch of different versions form overseas. I'm completely addicted :wacko

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back