Ghostbusters 3 is a go! (according to the writers, director and producer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rebooting both Terminator and Ghostbusters? Why not just reboot every film released in '84.... Beverly Hills Cop will be next starring Justin Bieber :wacko

:facepalm "if it ain't broken..."

Rebooting both Terminator and Ghostbusters? Why not just reboot every film released in '84.... Beverly Hills Cop will be next starring Justin Bieber :wacko

:facepalm "if it ain't broken..."

Actually, it won't. It's being developed as a TV series for CBS and Eddie Murphy will be support starring as Axel while the series will follow a Axel Foley's son. It was reported a while ago.

Bill Murray said he will do it if the production stops shooting between 2:00pm & 4:00pm everyday so he can play a few holes. There, I said it and nobody takes it seriously please, 'cause it is a joke (like the prob of a GB3).

Was also reported that it wasn't picked up and canceled aaaand they will do a sequel film instead:

http://blogs.indiewire.com/shadowan...pilot-tested-well-so-4th-movie-in-development

Forget a sequel, they should just reboot it casting LaMorne Morris from New Girl as Axel because I don't think that Eddie can carry a movie any more and while LaMorne is relative unknown he has a real Eddie Murphy vibe to him and kind of looks like him too. Plus the last BHC movie was cheap and the franchise is pretty much forgotten so why not just reboot it and try to revitalize it with a new cast?

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
Have Venkman's son or daughter carry on the business.
That is common right? Children often inherit the business.
Then you just need an original or two to sort of be the wise sages from the side and you move forward.

Forget a sequel, they should just reboot it casting LaMorne Morris from New Girl as Adel because I don't think that Eddie can carry a movie any more and while LaMorne is relative unknown he has a real Eddie Murphy vibe to him and kind of looks like him too. Plus the last BHC movie was cheap and the franchise is pretty much forgotten so why not just reboot it and try to revitalize it with a new cast?

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

Enough with the poodles already!
and reboots as well

I can't find the article now, but I have read before that the holdup on GB3 has nothing to do with the quality of script, Bill Murray's lack of interest in reprising the role, or even the merits of doing another GB movie. It's all about a falling out between Bill Murray and Harold Ramis during the filming of Groundhog Day, and a contract that says they can't make another GB movie without Murray signing off on it.

The article alleges that Murray refuses to consent for another GB to be made WITH OT WITHOUT HIM based on his resentment toward Ramis. Wish I could find that article now. Anyone else remember reading anything like that?

Idk why but last night I had a dream I met Bill Murray and Harold Ramis at an arcade where Murray was playing a GB video game LOL. I then asked Ramis about GB3's status and said they werent gonna rush it and needed new equipment designs. Then i said "COME OOONNNNN WE NEED THIS NOW!" Odd and random, I'm literally dreaming of GB3 hahaha

I can't find the article now, but I have read before that the holdup on GB3 has nothing to do with the quality of script, Bill Murray's lack of interest in reprising the role, or even the merits of doing another GB movie. It's all about a falling out between Bill Murray and Harold Ramis during the filming of Groundhog Day, and a contract that says they can't make another GB movie without Murray signing off on it.

The article alleges that Murray refuses to consent for another GB to be made WITH OT WITHOUT HIM based on his resentment toward Ramis. Wish I could find that article now. Anyone else remember reading anything like that?

There's been a few articles on it. Ramis has made, I think, one comment on it and basically said that he missed working with him and none of the movies that he did with Bill Murray would've been nearly as good without him. Murray won't say anything and, if I remember correctly from the last one I read, has ignored questions on the subject.

I read something a while back that a reboot isn't possible because Murray owns 25 or 33 percent of the franchise (same as Ramis) and he won't consent to that (even if he's not in it). Basically Murray doesn't want there to be another Ghost Busters if Ramis is still any part of it and it doesn't seem like Ramis is willing to part with his share of it to appease Murray (I'm not saying he should).

they were filming the new ecto 1 earlier this year for the movie . near my friends appartment in queens NY earlier this year .

just my opinion but i think a this movie "Ecto 1 Goes to Monte Carlo" would be just as successful as a ghostbusters sequel.
Murray is right i think. move on....

Last edited:
they were filming the new ecto 1 earlier this year for the movie . near my friends appartment in queens NY earlier this year .

They may have been filming AN Ecto-1, but probably not for a Ghostbusters movie. Replica Ecto-1s tend to create stories like this pretty often.

Check out this older thread.

http://www.therpf.com/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=3157639

I remember when I lived in Colorado seeing at least two "news" reporters referring to the Magnum Ecto as the Ecto-1 for the new Ghostbusters movie (despite the owners best efforts to tell people its not the case), yet still no new movie.

If they WERE filming for the movie it would be a much bigger story...it would BE a story.

Simply seeing a famous movie car being filmed means nothing. If it did, I could just as easily claim that they're filming a new series of Knight Rider in downtown Tokyo since last year I saw the classic KITT being filmed. A nd there were some police in the area diverting traffic.

Last edited:
If they WERE filming for the movie it would be a much bigger story...it would BE a story.

Simply seeing a famous movie car being filmed means nothing. If it did, I could just as easily claim that they're filming a new series of Knight Rider in downtown Tokyo since last year I saw the classic KITT being filmed. A nd there were some police in the area diverting traffic.

Except, we know that KITT wouldn't be the classic Trans-Am.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back