Ghostbusters 3 is a go! (according to the writers, director and producer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If only he had a sibling....

Yes, James is still alive and could he on board with it (he was in "Blues Brothers 2000", wasn't he?), but I think it'd be better with someone who looks, sound and even physically matches John circa 1970s. You know, so that people who know of John and his work, as well as GB fans would instantly catch the reference.

It's just the same old rehash of crap. Dan has been talking about making another one since GB2 came out. This thread should be called "GB3 Rumors."

Female-led comedic movies? Fine with me.

Female-led action movies? Fine with me.

Rebooting GB? Fine with me.

A female-led GB reboot? Sounds stupid.

It sounds like a pure marketing gimmick that will mainly hurt the movie.

A full female GB team yes, but now that you mention it I could totally see Melissa McCarthy as the only female Ghostbuster.

Due to recent events, I have made the request to the forum mods to lock this thread and let it die. Any further GB3 or GB reboot related topics will have to be in their own individual threads from this point.

Last edited:
Only good if they have an actual reason for it.
Because women are people too?

We have no idea what the story is about or who has been cast, yet your first reaction to the 'idea' of a female lead Ghostbusters movie is that it's stupid and will hurt the film. It's one thing to say that, for example, Maya Rudolph isn't a good choice to be a Ghostbuster.

The Ghostbusters game for xbox and playstation ended with them mentioning spreading out so it'd be natural for the storyline to pick up with that. I do like the slimer back story. Honestly the game sold well enough that they could have kept going with them. And thanks to the game Alyssa Milano's got a character that could be transitioned into being a Ghostbuster easily enough and i think she could probably handle being a female ghostbuster. Sadly studios aren't that smart and they'll want some flavor of the month stars.

Still just more BS rumors and "I'd like to..." garbage. Wait 'til there's a script and production being done before you ever expect another GB film.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back