Ghostbusters 3 is a go! (according to the writers, director and producer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Course, it would be funny if all this time Ackroyd has been sat on the comedy to end all comedies, while every other property gets a crappy remake.

Bill signed a contract that requires him to be in any and all sequels when he did the first film. Unless he signs that away, I don't think they can really do anything without a lot of legal mumbo-jumbo. The whole "we will do it without Bill" is just defiance, I think. Honestly, I think it would be a terrible film.

Jonah Hill and Emma Stone Ain't Afraid of No Ghosts! GHOSTBUSTERS 3 Developments.

Ghostbusters-3.png

I'm guessing they went for Stone after her impression in Zombieland and I do like Jonah Hill so I'm happy on both counts "if" this news is even true.

I don't want to see any more "developments." I want to see a title and date on IMDB with a cast and a status of "in production."

This thread started in MAY, 2010.

Can we PLEASE, for the LOVE OF GOD, get a freaking title change on the thread?!!?!

GHOSTBUSTERS 3 IS NOT A GO.

It would be very difficult to see a ghostbusters film including the original cast without Bill ***** Murray. I'm not against a reboot though. For how long this has been going on, I would hope at least one of the hundreds of scripts written is decent.

Someone said this on AICN, and I love the idea...

Bruce Campbell! Add Bruce not as a newbie but as a GB that joined the original team and is still an active member.

I don't like to see Hollywood actors die at their young age. But I will be thrilled to death to see it happen to Jonah hill.

It would be very difficult to see a ghostbusters film including the original cast without Bill ***** Murray. I'm not against a reboot though. For how long this has been going on, I would hope at least one of the hundreds of scripts written is decent.

Someone said this on AICN, and I love the idea...

Bruce Campbell! Add Bruce not as a newbie but as a GB that joined the original team and is still an active member.

Yeah, the Bruce Campbell thing is a stroke of genius! I read that on AICN and thought about how the team would need a wise cracking slacker to round out the team. Bruce would bring just the right vibe to balance it out. Now MAKE IT HAPPEN!

This thread started in MAY, 2010.

Can we PLEASE, for the LOVE OF GOD, get a freaking title change on the thread?!!?!

GHOSTBUSTERS 3 IS NOT A GO.

Um....... For the final time, unless there's a report that says that the production is cancelled, word from the mouth of the writers, director and producer....

untitle.JPG

If you have a problem with that, you are more than welcome to take it up with one of the mods or completely disregard this thread all together.

Last edited:
But the movie isn't "a go"; rumors that it is "a go" are just being perpetuated by people that are overly hopeful. None of the actors other than Dan have said it's happening, and Dan probably isn't the most reliable source for that. Until Murray officially signs away his rights or is ready to be in it because it's a good script, it's not happening.

Um....... For the final time, unless there's a report that says that the production is cancelled, word from the mouth of the writers, director and producer....

View attachment 253842

If you have a problem with that, you are more than welcome to take it up with one of the mods or completely disregard this thread all together.

Okey dokey, I will. Because all we have are wholly unsubstantiated rumors and Dan Akroyd's pipe dreams. That's not by any possible definition of the term "a go." Not even close. You might as well say that the Robotech movie is "a go," for all the actual substantive movement on the project we've seen.

You know what Ghostbusters 3 is?

Ghostbusters 3 is in "Development Hell." Say. That could be a good thread title: "Ghostbusters 3 Development Hell Rumors."

Until Murray officially signs away his rights or is ready to be in it because it's a good script, it's not happening.

Signing away his rights is what its going to take. Murray has no social relationship with Ramis and seems to have no desire to have a professional one with him. Whatever happened between them on Groundhog Day is shaping their relationship to this day. Given its been 20 years I doubt that's going to change any time soon.

Looks like the thread still may have life. Firstshowings noted this:

Here's your daily dose of a big grain of salt as two new rumors regarding Ghostbusters 3 have popped up on two different days. The first rumor seemed so sketchy that we decided to throw it to the side, but when the second details surfaced, we thought there might be something here. First of all, Schmoes Know, has been all about casting rumors lately from Batman vs. Superman, but they also correctly reported the return of Tim Burton and Michael Keaton to Beetlejuice 2. Now they're saying that offers are out to Jonah Hill and Emma Stone for characters named Jeremy and Anna, but no details on their roles were known at the time.

Now we've known for a long time that a new team of Ghostbusters will be taking over for the old guard played by Dan Aykroyd, Bill Murray, Harold Ramis and Ernie Hudson. In fact, Aykroyd recently explained the plot of the film that Etan Cohen was hired to write last July:

"It's based on new research that's being done in particle physics by the young men and women at Columbia University. Basically, there's research being done that I can say that the world or the dimension that we live in, our four planes of existence, length, height, width and time, become threatened by some of the research that's being done. Ghostbusters -- new Ghostbusters -- have to come and solve the problem."

But the casting seemed bogus, especially since those two names have been rumored for years on and off and have mostly just been part of fan wishlists for a new cast of Ghostbusters. But Ohio news affiliate WKYC (via ComingSoon) reports that Sony has penciled in a spring 2014 start date to begin production Ghostbusters 3 in Cleveland, likely taking advantage of a big film tax break that was also available to Captain America: The Winter Soldier recently. The studio has said there is nothing to report at this time, but that could just be a way of shutting the story down. Is Ghosbusters 3 shooting next year? You already know our stance as far as the excitement behind the gestating sequel is concerned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back