Gatchaman/ Battle of the Planets/ G-Force First Look (Japan)

I was really excited about this yesterday, but now that I've had time to think on it -
I don't like the art direction. I miss the bird suits. :(

It saddens me to write this but looks like I'm not going to be working on this - I'm taking something else that I never thought I'd get and have been wanting a crack at for a long long time - I'm a sucker for open offers and this puppy came out of the blue this afternoon. I haven't been this excited to take pen to pad for a long long time.

It saddens me to see that written. But...if you've had something better come up than that's brilliant for you.

Best look at the live-action Gatchaman's awesome superhero suits

ku-bigpic.jpg

The fiery Phoenix looks great, but the regular version looks NOTHING like the original. It's got the general appearance of a plane. That's about all it has in common.
The original design was sexy. This seems like a recycled ship from the BSG ragtag fleet.

Outfits seem to greebly-ized, with too many useless extra panels. Takes away the character of the original designs.

Meh.

The outfits look too heavy. I would have went with with the kevlar look that Captain America had in Avengers, or a ribbed sports wear. They are genetically enhanced ninjas so they have to move swift and quite. So I would think they would not need the armor. They also need the bird beaks on their helmets.

Even with the gripes I have with the costume designs I hope to see the film soon.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back