Finn's Leather Jacket

The amount of shoulder paint may be in question when it comes to screen accuracy or even actor wearing it if we can assume the costume department made more than one that was custom fit to the different actors. I would image too that stunt doubles had jackets as well.

Anyway, here is what i am getting at...

Screen Shot 2015-09-11 at 8.55.49 AM.png

This is from the studio image of Poe in his resistance uniform. Note the appearance of the paint on the shoulder. If this is a preproduction or early production image, the paint level we have seen in the SWCA display may have occurred:

-during production
or
-different jacket
or
-in storage after filming

So getting the jacket with an idealized colored leather panel might not be a bad option. However if color scale in the image is correct, it looks like it needs a darker red.

Last edited:
Couple more shots of this incredible jacket... I didn't have time to weather it, but I really can't speak highly enough of the craftsmanship. Everyone at DragonCon loved it. The greeblies were a throwaway-set I 3D printed-- I didn't have time to properly finish or weather them so they look pretty bad, lol. But I'm going to be producing a nice clean set and offering them as a resin kit in the future (shameless self promotion).

8iX62Kt.jpgez1Le8Z.jpg
XA2KvOU.jpgK7rB9ni.jpg
RiAWgf1.jpgT3hXw17.jpg
BJUS3Lx.jpgAxKS797.jpg

Side note: This, being the first custom-ordered leather jacket I've ever owned, wound up coming out a bit small (mostly just in the chest/shoulders). I'm considering ordering another one just slightly larger to fit me better, so if anyone needs a jacket ASAP and can't wait, I'd be willing to sell you mine-- greeblies included free of charge-- so I can fund a second jacket. :)

Alright, that's enough hijacking-- we now return you to your regularly scheduled thread :)

Couple more shots of this incredible jacket... I didn't have time to weather it, but I really can't speak highly enough of the craftsmanship. Everyone at DragonCon loved it. The greeblies were a throwaway-set I 3D printed-- I didn't have time to properly finish or weather them so they look pretty bad, lol. But I'm going to be producing a nice clean set and offering them as a resin kit in the future (shameless self promotion).

View attachment 527545View attachment 527546
View attachment 527547View attachment 527548
View attachment 527549View attachment 527552
View attachment 527550View attachment 527551

Side note: This, being the first custom-ordered leather jacket I've ever owned, wound up coming out a bit small (mostly just in the chest/shoulders). I'm considering ordering another one just slightly larger to fit me better, so if anyone needs a jacket ASAP and can't wait, I'd be willing to sell you mine-- greeblies included free of charge-- so I can fund a second jacket. :)

Alright, that's enough hijacking-- we now return you to your regularly scheduled thread :)

Looks amazing!

I'm absolutely in for a Finn jacket. Just need to move some money around first. As for the footwear, I'm having a set of boots custom made. The shirt and pants seem pretty straightforward, and the lightsaber is simply an eFx Anakin / Luke Skywalker lightsaber.

I'm also up for a set of resin greeblies, once they become available for purchase. ;)

Indy, if you're looking for shots of Han's new jacket:

TFA-Han-and-Chewie-Return_DISNEY-LUCASFILM-PRESS.jpg

Obviously it's an illustration but hopefully it helps give a general idea. Certainly seems to be similar to Finn's jacket if the painting is accurate.

I'm going to hold off for now. Those double rectangular pieces look wrong, and the similarity of the bottom of the stormflap to Finn's make me thing this is just made up by the artist...

Does any know where I can pick up the jacket greebles for this? I have a jacket now and am making modifications but have no ability to produce them. I emailed JJ awhile back but never got a reply since he mentioned he 3D printed them. Any help locating or getting these made would be great. Need to get this done by the premier.

Also, if anyone has made any progress locating the shoes or finding something close enough that can be modified would be great.

Thanks!

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back