Finn's Leather Jacket

Indy, is there a reason you all switched to a darker leather (or at least a darker dye) for the mass-produced versions of these? My original jacket I received in late August was an almost perfect shade of tan-brown that was very supple and would have been easy to weather into a screen accurate look. The 2nd jacket I received (and the ones others have been receiving) are much darker, with much stiffer/thicker leather that doesn't seem to be possible to really lighten to the point where it could be dirtied to match the screen look (if that makes sense).

Just wondering if there's a reason for the change in material/dye color, and if so, if it's possible to do a jacket up the way it was back in August. Thanks!

Prototypes are made using whatever we have on hand, while the production runs we have to buy the leathers new. The new leather should be able to be distressed to a more SA coloring, but I'll talk to our suppliers regardless and see if there are some lighter hides we can get like the prototype leather.

Prototypes are made using whatever we have on hand, while the production runs we have to buy the leathers new. The new leather should be able to be distressed to a more SA coloring, but I'll talk to our suppliers regardless and see if there are some lighter hides we can get like the prototype leather.

Thanks, Indy! Appreciate you taking the feedback so well, I do not mean to offend as it is an amazing jacket!

Thank you so much Indy. The quality of this jacket is amazing. The fit is perfect. I got burned three years ago at TheRPF from that whole Man of Steel build. I lost out at 500 plus dollars. Thank you for making this such a positive experience. I can't wait to wear this at the Premiere, and my little girl can't wait to match with me!

12351207_10206976755871672_1855905385_n.jpg12319757_10206976468544489_647461765_n.jpg12346903_10206976468264482_1537096407_n.jpg

-Wil

Hey there JJ, I would like to inquire about buying a set of Your Greeblies (resin kit or otherwise) for my jacket my wife bought me. Please let me know if you did make more as you mentioned, I'd love to.
Thanks and awesome stuff here guys!!

Hey there JJ, I would like to inquire about buying a set of Your Greeblies (resin kit or otherwise) for my jacket my wife bought me. Please let me know if you did make more as you mentioned, I'd love to.
Thanks and awesome stuff here guys!!

Hey bud, this is Indy's build thread for the jacket he produces, best to send me a PM privately so you don't hijack or necro his thread :) Thanks!

Awesome find! Any luck tracking down Finn's footwear, by chance? :(
+1 -- Po-Zu announce replica boots next year. I haven't found any pictures, but they mentioned Rey (of course), Finn & Chewie...

FFANY quote "Po-Zu, known for its line of vegan-friendly shoes, debuted their new Star Wars collection. The line includes exact replicas of boots seen in the latest film worn by Ray, Finn, Storm Troopers and even some Chewbacca-esque styles." (They only have those 2 sentences, I haven't been able to find pix or anything, and they can't even spell Rey).

But - that makes me wonder if Finn & Troopers (& Chewie?) had modified po-zu boots like Rey did?

But - that makes me wonder if Finn & Troopers (& Chewie?) had modified po-zu boots like Rey did?

I'm assuming the new Star Wars line of footwear will probably be based on the appearances in Episode 8 rather than 7, and (Possible Spoilers.) based on some leaked set photos, Finn seems to be wearing the same boots as Poe (and many other Resistence troops) except in brown.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back