Disney delay Snow White for another year.

Surprised this story hasn’t received more commentary…basically, the conspiracists were proven correct, it seems.

Cinemablend, Screenrant and other entertainment media aren't exactly pumping out super credible journalism on the whole. Most of what they report on is more akin to editorials in the form of lists, which really only amount to the biases of the reporter on the given subject. In fact their articles are most often schilling for movie studios, so when they actually write something of note, like this article, it gets dismissed or buried by the onslaught of useless information they normally pump out.

Besides, with the strikes and the general upheaval of world events, this seems pretty unimportant by comparison. Entertainment news has always been questionable to a degree given the veneer of Hollywood, but in the information age where everything is exposed, it's basically leapfrogging from one controversy to the next.

Disney just needs to institute a gag order on its actors, directors and producers. Just spring these things on the unsuspecting public. They'd probably make a few more bucks, if they don't advertise at all. Certainly don't send someone out to comment , who despises the story your basing your film on. I mean Prince Charming is a stalker, lol.

Disney just needs to institute a gag order on its actors, directors and producers. Just spring these things on the unsuspecting public. They'd probably make a few more bucks, if they don't advertise at all. Certainly don't send someone out to comment , who despises the story your basing your film on. I mean Prince Charming is a stalker, lol.

I'm amazed that the big studios don't keep their stars & filmmakers on tighter leashes before the movies are released. Social media, etc.

I'm amazed that the big studios don't keep their stars & filmmakers on tighter leashes before the movies are released. Social media, etc.
Back in the good ole days, and yes there is such a thing, actors knew where their bread was buttered. They would never think to trash a production they were a part of. Hell, some of those old cigar chewing studio owners, would have you wacked, lol.

Back in the good ole days, and yes there is such a thing, actors knew where their bread was buttered. They would never think to trash a production they were a part of. Hell, some of those old cigar chewing studio owners, would have you wacked, lol.

It's that, but it's more than that.

The director of 'Terminator Dark Fate' got into a slap-fight with people on Twitter. There was fan/troll blowback against the early character pics and then he said something like "this movie will scare the poop out of misongynists" and the battle got more heated.

Why was he responding to that stuff at all? He defended the movie but it was still a total lose/lose situation for him to engage with them. Just STFU, full stop.

Hopefully in a decade or so stories like this will be an embarrassing blip where they can look back and wonder, what were they thinking?

That's gonna be the eventual outcome.

Any school teacher with 2 months of experience knows that you don't engage with every stupid or provocative comment that some kid throws. You err STRONGLY on the side of ignoring the flying feces. You only stop your teaching activities to deal with that stuff when it's derailing the whole scene.

Now the internet/social media sphere is making a lot of product & media companies learn the same lesson. But they seem to be taking years/decades to figure it out.

He's fake news bro!
College Accuse GIF

It's anecdotal, I suppose, but I'm not as in touch with the franchise as I used to be. Certainly not as much as a 501st member.

I guess I'm basing this on the Sequel toys not selling in stores, more than anything else.
Toys not selling isn't as indicative of anything as much as it used to be since toys just don't sell like they used. Kids above a certain age are just much more into electronics these days than physical toys. You even see toddlers at restaurants in their high chairs with a tablet put in front of them And kids as young as in elementary school are getting smart phones and have their noses stuck to them instead of a book or their favorite toy.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back